Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 8 March 2005
hello
Hi!!! ooo i had no idea this was here.. I just joined this blog, and im glad to meat all of you.

As for deleting your page, simpy make sure you select it so that its highlighted, then press delete, a comformation page will pop up, and then press yes, you are sure you want it deleted :)
well if that dont work, let me know exacly what you did or did not do :)

Well any ways... HI all :P

Posted by ultra2/createscmp at 11:55 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Web Folder
Mood:  not sure
Topic: HTML Questions
I am using Publisher 2002, can I still use your templates, scripts within my website?
I am pretty new to building web pages.
It doesn't seem that angelfire supports Publisher because I am not able to edit my pages via Web Shell. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Posted by tx6/sonshinebarn at 2:50 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 8 March 2005 3:12 AM EST
Monday, 7 March 2005

Mood:  chillin'
Now Playing: drums
Ya i a new to this angelfire and i am not doing so good on building my blog which it sucks.dont you think?i do......anyway i just wanted to say that i just joined the cumunity and hi.

Posted by dragon2/carlos4 at 1:40 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 6 March 2005
Adding video to a web page
Mood:  quizzical
Well all I am up and running and have a web page. YAY! Now I have all these video clips of my kids that I would like to put onto my web page. They are saved in windows media player format and are only 10 - 15 seconds each. Is ther an easy and inexpensive way to add video to my web page. I am using a cheap $20 program that actually did a good job building my web page and does accept HTML code as well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Posted by ut2/longfamilywebpage at 8:46 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Scrolling text problem
Mood:  chillin'
I used the script library to transfer over the html code for a scrolling text box. I followed all directions and when i preview what I have done it works just fine. However, when i straight up type the url for my website , or someone else goes to site the scrolling text blank is blank. What would be the reason for the different displays between when I preview and other people going to my site

Thanx,
David

www.angelfire.com/tx6/revolution

Posted by tx6/revolution at 8:39 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
WWW Address? Help me!
Mood:  irritated
Hello all. I just signed up for Angel fire and paid for the $8.99 plan plus the set up fee. I thought I was paying for the www address? I cant put the angel fire address on my business card much less ask my 82 year old grand mother to type in this long address. Does it take a while for it to be up and running on the web? All I want is for my family to log onto a regular www address to see my page. HELP please!

Posted by ut2/longfamilywebpage at 12:52 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 5 March 2005
HELP
Mood:  irritated
Please someone help me!!!! I just signed up for a free webpage for my girlscout troop. After choosing a "prefix" and domain name I decided to upgrade to a $4.95 per month program which would give me a .com domain. Except now, I can't figure out how to change it to the web address I want. I'm signed up for www.angelfire.com/jazz/troop524 I want www.troop524.com. My credit card was charged and I don't know what I am doing! Help!

Posted by jazz/troop524 at 3:54 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Plans for site chat rooms??
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: News
I was wondering with the changes, if there were plans to offer chat room features for the higher end paid memberships?
I have used chat rooms on other servers, have been hoping that you begin to offer them and would upgrade gladly to have such a feature on my website.
Thank you.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 9:09 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Where is the angelfire directory for its members' blogs?
Topic: News
Where is the angelfire directory for its members' blogs?
Is it incorporated into the member site directory?
Thank you.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 8:13 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
submit site for member directory and contact methods
I checked out the health--alternative medicine category-and did not find my site listed.
How do I submit my site for listing to the member directory?

Have you also eliminated the contact a live angelfire staffmember for paid members? I could not find that on my account information page.

Thank you.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 8:06 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
visitors posting to my blogs
Mood:  blue
I have 2 blogs.
As far as I can tell they are set to
open and visitors may post (then I am to receive an email notifying me of the post).
I see from my stats that I get many visitors per day to my blogs but no posts.
So I asked a friend to try to post.
Here are her results:
I went to both blogs and the Cos.Colloquium blog
doesn't have anywhere to click and post an entry. In
the left column there is only the calendar and below
is "topic". The Impact Occult Phenomena has all the
info in the left column and I posted an entry ("What
is your next topic?"). When I clicked on post an
entry, it took me to another page where I had to sign
into Angelfire/Lycos with my username and password. So
this may be why you haven't gotten people to post?
It seems as if, at least, my cosmological colloquium is not working.
Here are my blogs to you to check.
https://www.angelfire.com/biz2/metaphysician/cosmologicalcolloquium ---

https://www.angelfire.com/biz2/metaphysician/impactoccultphenomena ---

Can you provide any feedback?
Thank you.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 7:39 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Pop-up ads?
Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: Circle Jerks - Live Fast Die Young
Just got back into HTML with angelfire, and I remember on my old site having the option to have pop-up ads for my free AF account. Is this option still available, 'cos I can't find it!

Posted by punk5/drinksmashpuke at 3:20 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 4 March 2005
HELP! HELP!
Mood:  caffeinated
Now Playing: Quantic
Hello! I need help. I am using Dreamweaver to communicate with Angelfire and i am stuck. I was able to set up the ftp in d.weaver and send the file to the webshell in angelfire. the splash and index pages show up but i am confused as how to make my links work that i created in d. weaver, work in angelfire (the link from splash to index works, but none of the others) i do not know how to write html, is there a way to communicate with angelfire without knowing how? How can i flip through the four pages i made/linked in d.weaver in angelfire??? help!

Thanks! -AK

p.s. links were set up correctly in d. weaver, they work fine there.

Posted by hi5/djakasha at 6:41 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: Posting pictures
Topic: Image Questions
I've uploaded a picture for my blog and it comes out huge. I'd like it to fit the page. I've played with the file in Paint and Photoshop, I think I'm missing a crucial step. Thanks, kevin

Posted by ego2/kevin1 at 1:18 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
unwelcome tags on webpage
Mood:  surprised
When creating an new page for my site I was using the advanced editor to post my own html. When I save the page, an -a- tag is inserted into the html of the following sentence, which created a link on my page to a garage sale search site. The sentence originally read:

People are generous about donating to a garage sale, but holding a sale is very labor intensive,

as it appeared after saving (some html marks changed slightly for this post):
People are generous about donating to a !a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=garage%20sale" onmouseover="window.status='garage sale'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">garage sale< !/a!, but holding a sale is very labor intensive,

Actually three tags were inserted similar to this example. Where does that !a-href! tag come from? Is it inserted by Angelfire or an affiliate? I've removed it and saved that page several times and the only way I keep it from coming back is to mis-spell garaage sale. I have scanned for spy and adware on my own computer and find no suspects. Haven't ever had anything like this appear on its own.

I don't mind ads, but is inserting html tags into my page part of the program?

Posted by musicals/uniqhorn at 11:18 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 March 2005
using a domain name
I just suscribed to Angelfire at the Krypton level. I selected a domain name. Now how do I "use" it or set it up?

Yep I'm real lost!

Posted by ky3/craigorris74 at 9:56 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  mischievious
I am starting to build a website to find out about sex and relationships in the 'naughtys'. I would like any suggestons, ideas or commentson this or any other site that you think might interest my sort of people. Any ideas please mail them to msrockchic@hotmail.co.uk. Thanx guys and 'Be good!'

Posted by rock3/percephonie at 6:14 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 2 March 2005
Help
Now Playing: rock3/mastashake
hey i need help running my site like another manager can any one tell me how to sign one up or if you wanna help check it out

Posted by rock3/mastashake at 11:17 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 1 March 2005
Accessing someone elses files
I understand that you cannot gain access to files through a parent directorie of a website on angelfire if those file are in a subdirectorie. I was wondering how I would go about accessing all of the html files from a website that has no links to them because it hasnt been updated in years. The user of the site has a new email and I dont know it. I want to know if there is a way to view all of the valid html files on the site (https://www.angelfire.com/ego/shawnprodigy/) without actually logging into his name or having to guess the html file name(which i have been)... Is there a parent directory or something of the sort? I have tried some search engines but they only show 2-3 of the subsites...help please

Posted by ego2/shawnsisco at 6:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Calendar
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: Is There A Calendar Maker
Topic: Image Questions
Hi,

I did a seach for free calendars and the seach came back with plenty of links to angelfire. I would like to put a calendar on my page. Can someone help me find the free calendar area PLEASE!
thanks

Posted by crazy3/mysample at 1:33 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older