Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 4 March 2005

Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: Posting pictures
Topic: Image Questions
I've uploaded a picture for my blog and it comes out huge. I'd like it to fit the page. I've played with the file in Paint and Photoshop, I think I'm missing a crucial step. Thanks, kevin

Posted by ego2/kevin1 at 1:18 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 4 March 2005 - 1:36 PM EST

Name: mamagoo

when you use msPaint use the stretch-skew option under the image menu.
use the height and width % options

the smaller the % the smaller the picture.....
I usually enter 50% on first try but you might even have togo to about 25-30% on real large pictures
save this new size as a new jpeg file name using .jpg as the extension....
I use this method all the time

and a hint to see how it will look on a web page is,
open your browser and drag the "saved the picture" file into into any browser page

if you can't get it to work show me where the page with the picture is and I will do it for you if you like....

Friday, 4 March 2005 - 1:45 PM EST

Name: re mamagoo

you may have to use the web shell to upload the new picture to your blog directory......if you can't do it from the blog control editing
ok?
good luck

Friday, 4 March 2005 - 1:46 PM EST

Name: mamagoo

wow!,
i found your blog and picture....LOL

you may have to upload a smaller version just to get to the edit options of that post....
what you want to do is make the picture smaller then upload it to your blog directory 'with the same file name' to replace the one that is there now.....

also you have another large picture taking up a lot of file space in your directory also..
it's your xmas card picture, it is over 500,000bytes you could get that down to about 20k using the method in MSPaint
hth

Friday, 4 March 2005 - 10:17 PM EST

Name: ego2/kevin1
Home Page: http://angelfire.com/ego2/kevin1

mamagoo, thanks a lot, it worked great. I used 25% in Paint and dumped the xmas card.

View Latest Entries