Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 13 January 2012
500 errors cgi error
Mood:  caffeinated
Topic: CGI scripts

CGI 500 error can occur when the disc space hasall  been used.

'We couldn't find the page you requested'

The limit for free accounts is 20mb, and when reached a 500 error occurs.

Click the 'Home' tab to see disk usage.

If some space is made by deleting before uploading, the error goes away.

Posted by trek/chucheeshouse at 9:35 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (24) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 17 May 2011
Server Side Includes on Angelfire
Mood:  irritated

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use some SSI code on a website which I run, to include the current year in the footer of the page. 

I want to use the following:

<!--#config timefmt="%Y" --><!--#echo var="DATE_GMT" -->

However when I add this to a HTML document and view it from the Angelfire server, I get an error message ([an error occured while processing this directive]) followed by the unformated current GMT date. Does Angelfire not allow you to use the config ssi tag?

I already use the include virtual SSI tag to include a html file which store the navigation of the website and that works perfectly but this doesn't and its really frustrating me!

Thanks for you help! 

Posted by oliverboorman1 at 3:38 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 27 January 2011
Questionare Forms
Mood:  crushed out
Now Playing: Bandit

I'm trying to get a form on my test page to work, so it sends the information to my email or cgi-bin. http://www.oghs84.com/test.html

I did have it to redirect to another page after clicking the submit button, but no longer does that either. I called customer service, who said they would fix it for me within 24 hours, but they never did and I haven't heard back from them.

Posted by oghs84 at 12:35 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Webon sites for blog? FB like button for blog?

I am wondering if it is possible to use the webon sitebuilder for the blog function (those templates look so much nicer) and also what is the best way to add a facebook like button to each blog post?

Thanks for your help!

Sallie 

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 9:47 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 30 March 2010
Form Mail and Email Not Functional

I have been experiencing difficulty with my Contact Form and email not sending results out for the past few months. The HTML code has been working from 2007-2009. I have the following files in my cgi-bin sub-directory as well as the following HTML form code.

AngelfireCGI.pm

modules_readme.html

AngelfireInsert.pm

AngelfireMail.pm

AngelfirePage.pm

CGI.pm

AngelfireDate.pm

Formmail.pl

I was told by Angelfire tech support to use Matts PEARL script (Formmail.pl). Do I need to modify this script to make this functional?

Your help is appreciated?

HTML Form Code:

<form action="/cgi-bin/script_library/form_handler_mail" method="post" id="form" style="margin:0; padding:0 ">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="email_to" VALUE="scottrose.brown@comcast.net,oceanviewspsllc@aim.com">

<TT><input type=hidden name="return_link_title" value="Thank you! Please click here to return to Ocean View Swimming Pool Service LLC"></TT>

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="return_link_url" VALUE="http://www.oceanviewspsllc.com">

<div class="wrapper">

<label>

<input type="TEXT" value="Name:" size=24 maxlength=45 />

</label>

<label>

<input type="TEXT" value="E-mail:" size=24 maxlength=45 />

</label>

<textarea name="textarea" cols="20" rows="15">Message:</textarea>

<div class="clear"></div>

<input type="submit" name="Submit" id="Submit" value="Send it!">

<label>

<input type="reset" name="Reset" id="Reset" value="Reset">

</label>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<div class="corner-bot-left png">

<div class="corner-bot-right png">

<div class="border-bot"></div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</form>

Thank you

Scott

Posted by biz7/oceanview at 12:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 3 November 2009
How to make a "Comment page"

The question is in the title.

I was by geocities wher the comment.html page was a standard option I used for my texts.
I don't find this here.

Can someone give me an example of the code I must use so I can create the page and the links for "Commen this text" and "Older comments"?

Is it possible to have the title of the text automaticaly in the form?

brischri
PS ma langue maternelle est le français, pas l'anglais, pardonnez mes fautes.

Posted by brischri at 5:08 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (29) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 30 May 2009
JavaScript

I was using geocities before they decided to close it off, but when I tried to transfer my code to angelfire,  the JavaScript portion wasn't working. I was trying to use it to calculate totals for my Student Council's point sheets. This is the section of the site tha thas the JavaScript in it:

http://frstuco.angelfire.com/fallpointsheet.html

It's supposed to be that when the "Add Total" button is pressed, the numbers in the boxes above are added and the sum appears in the box below labeled "total. Right now, the box just stays blank.  If someone could please explain to me how or whether it's possible to fix this problem, that would be great.

Posted by frstuco at 10:52 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (27) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 11 January 2009

been trying to get a mail handler scipt to work to submit info to my email  from customers but cant get mine to work not sure about the anglefire  lycos mail handle anybody have help

Posted by drenna9p at 3:26 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (13) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 12 September 2008
Anyone know how to make a 1-of-a-kind item shopping cart?
Mood:  caffeinated

I've been selling on Ebay for a while and the fees are killing me! I've been trying to make my own website to sell some of my things from off-Ebay to cut down on some of the fees, sort of like an Ebay store(not to mention Ebay has become something of a fascist regime towards sellers!). Can anyone tell me how to make a shopping cart-type setup that caters to one-of-a-kind merchandise? What I mean is, say if I have an old toy listed for sale and someone wants to buy it, they can click on the paypal/shopping cart button and the item will be placed in their cart, but it will also no longer be available for anyone else to purchase, unless the potential buyer changes their mind and leaves the site, removes it from their cart, etc, and then it will become no longer available for sale after payment has been made, similar to how half.com works. I found the script on the angelfire build page for adding paypal buttons, but I don't want to sell the same thing 12 times before I can remove it for sale from the site. I'm semi-experienced with html but I'm a quick learner, I just haven't found a script yet that can do this. I'm also willing to pay someone if they can help me create something simple that can do all of this for me for a reasonable price. I have a basic site built at the moment, the URL linked to my angelfire site is grandeillusions.com if anyone wants to see what I've done so far.

Thanks in advance!

T.R.

Posted by games3/TRZ at 11:57 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 13 June 2008
Form Handler Mail NOT Working
Mood:  incredulous

I tested my Form Handler CGI script that
sends an email to several addresses. It doesn't work.

Has something changed recently to make my
code not work?

Posted by ga/govandy at 2:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 29 November 2007
Swf problem (urgent)
Mood:  sad

Hi

can someone please help me..My intro.swf seems not appear on my webpage. Its juz blank

here is the website:https://www.angelfire.com/retentiontelesale/index01.html

the intro.swf is in the same folder with index.01

my coding:

<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#CCCCCC" link="#00CCFF" vlink="#00CCFF" alink="#00CCFF">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
  <tr>
    <td>
      <div align="center"><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="550" height="450">
          <param name=movie value="intro.swf">
          <param name=quality value=high>
          <embed src="intro.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="550" height="450">
          </embed>
        </object> <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><a href="index.html">skip</a></font></div>
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

how can i make work?

Posted by retentiontelesale at 11:51 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 28 October 2007

Hi all !! I am trying to setup a small computer forum using bbs, and it requests to provide me the path to the Perl interpreter that is used to execute cgi scripts with. It gives examples such as :

The first line in the script reads :#!/usr/bin/perl 

But needs to be changed to :#!e:/perl/bin/perl

Any Ideas ? I haven't contacted angelfire help yet, as I thought maybe I could get an answer faster here. Any help would be appreciated !! TIA

Posted by kombytes at 4:51 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 3 July 2007
Form Handler Mail Working?
Mood:  not sure

I am testing my Form Handler CGI script that
sends an email to several addresses. It has
previously worked for the past 5 years but hasn't
worked now for the past several days during my test . The last email I received was in March!

Has something changed recently to make my
code not work?

Is the Form Handler Mail server not working? (This
has happened in the past).

Any Suggestions are appreciated

Posted by falcon/crhoa at 1:27 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (13) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 25 March 2007
How do I leave the date out of a specific post?
Hi,

I would like to make a page for my blog to link to that I can either leave out the date or always have the current date. When I make a post there is no option to leave out the date for a specific post entry.

In addition I would also want this page to have the sidebar and top similar to an entry post that will automatically update with the new links I put on the sidebar as its updated.

How do I make a template so I can do this?

If I can't do this, how do I keep the date out of a specific post entry?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

- Pete

Posted by athomedad at 2:37 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 21 January 2007
Angelfire Team
Mood:  crushed out
OK, I know you folks on the Angelfire staff don't provide any CGI support, but maybe if one of you has a little extra time on your hands you could do a couple thousand Angelfire users a huge favor by answering this one simple question. Why don't the Angelfire CGI scripts work like they are supposed too as shown in the documentation you provide? All I want to do is create a form and have visitor comments saved to a text file and then spit out onto an HTML page. According to whats on Your documentation this could be achieved by using the form handler, and the modules, AngelfirePage.pm, and AngelfireInsert.pm. The biggest problem here is YOU CANNOT SAVE ANYTHING TO A TEXT FILE as stated by your documentation. So what do we do, and could someone please post this fix to this problem? This has been an issue for a very long time and needs addressed.

Posted by Daymon at 4:10 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (14) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 November 2006
Dynamic RSS headlins from your blogs
Mood:  energetic
Anyone know of a cgi script that will post headlines from your blog onto your homepage? Just the first paragraph of a new blog post is really what I'm looking for. You can see an example of what I'm talking about if you ever use My MSN or My Yahoo to subscribe to RSS feeds. When you subscribe to a feed, it will show you the newest headlines from those feeds with a link to read the full story or post. I would like to have headlines of all my own Angelfire blog feeds show up on my homepage and update dynamicly the same way they do on My MSN or MY Yahoo. Thanks in advance

Posted by Daymon at 12:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 9 September 2006
form handler
Mood:  d'oh
Hey I need some serious help with the way that my site handles the forms everytime I hit the submit button it takes me to my error page if anyone wants to help i have the page saved in a text file contact me and let me know thanks kevin
email:kevinmouseymiles@aol.com
site is anglefire.com/planet/sewerpickers
to see the form that i'm working with you will have to type in the page name at the end of the url
pagename:pickform.html
i hope that someone out there understands this better then me

Posted by planet/sewerpickers at 10:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 31 July 2006
Dummy Post
Ok, this is a dummy post to see if it shows up in the CGI section this time. CGI scripts is selected from the drop dow. Since I'm not a mod, it should show up for me the same way it does other users since CW broke it...LOL, just kidding.

Posted by Daymon at 3:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 28 July 2006
CGI Resources
OK, I am trying this post one more time. For anyone who would like to do something a little more interesting with their Angelfire pages, I found this "online book" for beginners interested in learning PERL. Thought it was worth a mention and even if you don't know CGI you can get a few tips here:
http://learn.perl.org/library/beginning_perl/

reposted for daymon

Posted by dalleh at 10:43 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
To Post to a topic you must manually select a topic when posting the entry
Daymon- go back and try again with a fresh entry. This is CW posting from an account that does not recognize me as a moderator so that I could see what everyone else should see. The topic field in the entry creation screen is a drop down list. Select :CGI scripts" from the topic list before you post it.

Topics can't be added to existing entries retroactively. That has to be done at the time of it's initial posting.

hope that clears things up.

Posted by planet/crashtestdummy at 2:45 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older