Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Wednesday, 16 March 2005
Java Text Scroll Help
Topic: HTML Questions
It works fine when i click the preview page button but when i go to the website its self all i see is a gray box. Any help would be great thanks.

Posted by ri2/mms520 at 9:44 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 15 March 2005

How do I resize the webshell window size?

Posted by magic/faks at 10:49 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  irritated
Hello! I am trying to put sound to my site, can someone PLEASE tell me if I can add an MP3 file to my site??

Posted by md3/marlenedipaul at 8:19 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Redesign Update
Topic: News
The Angelfire team today released a number of updates to the new look-and-feel which was put out a couple of weeks ago.

Specifically:

1. We have updated the webshell layout in the new design in response to some user feedback.

2. The new directory feature has been updated with some new data and a new backend which should allow us to keep it updated more frequently, though we have not yet added a self-categorization feature.

3. Many small UI tweaks, including removing the Lycos headers from the top of most pages. (Nothing subtle implied by that, we just think the page looks better this way. We'll probably add some Lycos logos somewhere else eventually.)

If you see any issues with any of these updates, please respond in this thread to let us know.

There will probably be one more major Angelfire update this week, maybe two. We're hoping to release a performance update for Blogs (the same one as on Tripod, if anyone uses blogs in both places) on Angelfire within the next couple of weeks.

JP

Posted by ma3/jpranevich at 5:45 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Chat room
Mood:  chatty
Hey ya'll i was wondering if there is individual chat rooms in here if not that is fine anyway just wanted to chat that is all. Talk to ya'll later.
Mary

Posted by crazy3/pretty10 at 2:03 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 14 March 2005
Chat Room
Mood:  a-ok
Hello,
I would like to add a chat room and a members logon to my web page. How can i do that? Need some advise. Thanks.

Posted by theforce/hyperdog7 at 5:13 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Chat Room
Mood:  a-ok
Hello,
I would like to add a chat room and a members logon to my web page. How can i do that? Need some advise. Thanks.

Posted by theforce/hyperdog7 at 5:11 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 12 March 2005
NEED HELP with CGI AND EMAIL FORM.
Hello! I was hoping someone could help this nubie out.I am working on dreamweaver and using angelfire as my server. I am trying to set up an email form so that visiters to my site can submit them and i can get the emails on my home email address. I build the contact page and got the form set up (saved as a contact.html doc in d. weaver), i know i am supposed to use my cgi bin somehow and i am so stuck! i do not know how to set up the submit button to allow peoples emails to go through.

any help is appreciated thanks!

Akasha.

p.s. getting a lot of "server not responding" when i am trying upload, the ftp is set up because it does work but then it looses it's connection sometimes, can't figure it out???? any suggestions on that?

www.djakasha.com (contact page)

Posted by hi5/djakasha at 6:38 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Gallery selections gone
Mood:  quizzical
Are the gallery offerings permanently gone with the new setup?
This morning I lost my mountain pictures and one graphic.
I really will miss the mountain picture. It was of Shiprock-my site is shiprock institute:{
I would have appreciated some warning on the main site page,so I could have downloaded the pic.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 9:28 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 11 March 2005
Help!!!
Mood:  chillin'
i need help how can i edit my angelfire site using Dreamweaver mx 2004??

Posted by extreme5/transam at 10:31 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Viewing files & directories in WEBSHELL
Mood:  quizzical
How can I increase the size of the Webshell window that lists my directories and files.
Currently it is a small window that shows only 4 or 5 files or directories.
I understand there is a way to change window size so that all files and directories are shown. But I cannot find any way of doing this?
And I can't find any info on this in the "HELP" sites. Can anyone suggest how to do this?

Posted by mo3/macoldteam at 10:20 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 10 March 2005
Angelfire's Site Analyzer
Could someone tell me how I can get to angelfire's site analyzer. The site analyzer is something on angelfire I used before that helped me put meta tags and helped to get my site listed. Could someone tell me how to get to it. Please email me at msladysoul@aol.com

Thanks

Posted by jazz/ninamaemckinney at 1:34 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 9 March 2005
How do I create line breaks?
Mood:  loud
Now Playing: TV Sounds
Whenever I try to create line breaks (by hitting enter and starting on a new line), it shows when Im creating a file, however after I save it and post it, all the line breaks dont appear and everying written on the page appears in one continual paragraph. How do I fix this, so I could write a poem or something and have different lines of it actually on different lines.

Also, how do I create links on any page other than the first page of my website?

Please help. I'm not sure I can get back to this page, so please email matthew42383@yahoo.com as well if you can help. - M

Posted by wizard2/messedupshyt.com at 11:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
member directory
How do I get my site listed in the member directory? I have a (neon) tennis team site that should be listed under "sports" and "tennis," but last time I checked we aren't there.

Thanks,

www.angelfire.com/az3/goladyjags

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 10:30 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
RSS Feed
Good Day All

Does anyone know how to make RSS Feeds work on Angelfire?

Thanks
Al-J

Posted by journal2/eajones at 9:38 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
What happened?
I copied a small button image from my angelfire page using its url (right click image, choose "Properties"). I inserted its url into the html I was writing for a hyperlink back to my angelfire site.
It appeared to work last night, but today all that shows is a square blue-and-white button that says "Image hosted by Angelfire".
What happened?

Posted by md3/texting_it at 5:55 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
bandwidth details for neon level description
Topic: News
It seems as if the hourly bandwidth usage graph from the bandwidth detail section is gone. Any plans to bring that back? Or do I have to upgrade to get that information again?

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 2:15 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Videos
Mood:  caffeinated
hey i jus got started with this and i want to know hoy can i upload animations or videos to my page bye the way i heve the free domain please help me

Posted by crazy3/vipitalian at 1:48 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 8 March 2005
hello
Hi!!! ooo i had no idea this was here.. I just joined this blog, and im glad to meat all of you.

As for deleting your page, simpy make sure you select it so that its highlighted, then press delete, a comformation page will pop up, and then press yes, you are sure you want it deleted :)
well if that dont work, let me know exacly what you did or did not do :)

Well any ways... HI all :P

Posted by ultra2/createscmp at 11:55 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Web Folder
Mood:  not sure
I am using Publisher 2002, can I still use your templates, scripts within my website?
I am pretty new to building web pages.
It doesn't seem that angelfire supports Publisher because I am not able to edit my pages via Web Shell. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Posted by tx6/sonshinebarn at 2:50 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 8 March 2005 3:12 AM EST

Newer | Latest | Older