Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 4 March 2005
HELP! HELP!
Mood:  caffeinated
Now Playing: Quantic
Topic: HTML Questions
Hello! I need help. I am using Dreamweaver to communicate with Angelfire and i am stuck. I was able to set up the ftp in d.weaver and send the file to the webshell in angelfire. the splash and index pages show up but i am confused as how to make my links work that i created in d. weaver, work in angelfire (the link from splash to index works, but none of the others) i do not know how to write html, is there a way to communicate with angelfire without knowing how? How can i flip through the four pages i made/linked in d.weaver in angelfire??? help!

Thanks! -AK

p.s. links were set up correctly in d. weaver, they work fine there.

Posted by hi5/djakasha at 6:41 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: Posting pictures
Topic: Image Questions
I've uploaded a picture for my blog and it comes out huge. I'd like it to fit the page. I've played with the file in Paint and Photoshop, I think I'm missing a crucial step. Thanks, kevin

Posted by ego2/kevin1 at 1:18 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
unwelcome tags on webpage
Mood:  surprised
When creating an new page for my site I was using the advanced editor to post my own html. When I save the page, an -a- tag is inserted into the html of the following sentence, which created a link on my page to a garage sale search site. The sentence originally read:

People are generous about donating to a garage sale, but holding a sale is very labor intensive,

as it appeared after saving (some html marks changed slightly for this post):
People are generous about donating to a !a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=garage%20sale" onmouseover="window.status='garage sale'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">garage sale< !/a!, but holding a sale is very labor intensive,

Actually three tags were inserted similar to this example. Where does that !a-href! tag come from? Is it inserted by Angelfire or an affiliate? I've removed it and saved that page several times and the only way I keep it from coming back is to mis-spell garaage sale. I have scanned for spy and adware on my own computer and find no suspects. Haven't ever had anything like this appear on its own.

I don't mind ads, but is inserting html tags into my page part of the program?

Posted by musicals/uniqhorn at 11:18 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 March 2005
using a domain name
I just suscribed to Angelfire at the Krypton level. I selected a domain name. Now how do I "use" it or set it up?

Yep I'm real lost!

Posted by ky3/craigorris74 at 9:56 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  mischievious
I am starting to build a website to find out about sex and relationships in the 'naughtys'. I would like any suggestons, ideas or commentson this or any other site that you think might interest my sort of people. Any ideas please mail them to msrockchic@hotmail.co.uk. Thanx guys and 'Be good!'

Posted by rock3/percephonie at 6:14 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 2 March 2005
Help
Now Playing: rock3/mastashake
hey i need help running my site like another manager can any one tell me how to sign one up or if you wanna help check it out

Posted by rock3/mastashake at 11:17 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 1 March 2005
Accessing someone elses files
I understand that you cannot gain access to files through a parent directorie of a website on angelfire if those file are in a subdirectorie. I was wondering how I would go about accessing all of the html files from a website that has no links to them because it hasnt been updated in years. The user of the site has a new email and I dont know it. I want to know if there is a way to view all of the valid html files on the site (https://www.angelfire.com/ego/shawnprodigy/) without actually logging into his name or having to guess the html file name(which i have been)... Is there a parent directory or something of the sort? I have tried some search engines but they only show 2-3 of the subsites...help please

Posted by ego2/shawnsisco at 6:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Calendar
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: Is There A Calendar Maker
Hi,

I did a seach for free calendars and the seach came back with plenty of links to angelfire. I would like to put a calendar on my page. Can someone help me find the free calendar area PLEASE!
thanks

Posted by crazy3/mysample at 1:33 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 28 February 2005
music files
Mood:  sad
I uploaded a wav file (which is like mp3) into the directory... but I don't know what to do next to be able to link it to my Xanga site. Please give me some help here... I don't know what to do next with my file.

Posted by hi5/aurora_glo at 5:59 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Text box size
Since the Angelfire re-vamp, I can't seem to get my text box size over 100 in height. It used to be much longer, but now I can't see enough of my page to see where I am on it. Just 5 or 6 lines and then I have to scroll. I tried Preferences but 100 is the longest option to use. It's very annoying not to be able to see more than 6 lines at a time.
Any ideas?

Posted by ky3/caroln242 at 5:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 27 February 2005
Help!!!
Now Playing: crazy3/dollz3
I am working on making a doll site and i need help making a page that i can just put dolls and a title on...

Posted by crazy3/dollz3 at 7:39 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 26 February 2005
tagboard/shoutbox
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/anime6/drawing
is there a way to get a free shoutbox/tagboard onto your site?

https://www.angelfire.com/anime6/drawing

Posted by anime admin at 9:52 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
HELP
NE one want 2 help me manage my site i need major help all i can get is the opening splash page and i cant link

Posted by rock3/mastashake at 1:59 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 25 February 2005
mp3 files
Mood:  irritated
um... i just wanted to ask cuz i'm having a hard time with angelfire. well, i uploaded some mp3 files... but i don't really know what to do with them. and they don't seem to be working when i link them. and i was just wonder what i was doing wrong or if someone can just help me. @_@ i'm a very confused person.

Posted by musicals/kikyou at 2:17 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 23 February 2005
adertisment on my pict
Mood:  spacey
OK well I made a blog today and its all very cool except I added my own picture to it and the angelfire advertisments cover the top of my picture which happends to be batmans head and I was wondering how do I move the picture down or what do I need to do or am I just stuck with what I got?

Posted by punk5/ahsatan6996 at 9:54 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Video Clips and Pictures
Please help. I just spent two weeks figuring out how to operate my video camera, finally figured out how to make a short video, but cannot, for the life of me, upload it to my webpage. It's about 7.5 MB. I've tried uploading it to the images directory, but it stalls out and won't complete the upload. Do I need to create a new directory? I've also had problems with images; I upload them, but can't get them to display on my page. Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.angelfire.com/ab8/aviate/

Posted by ab8/aviate at 11:07 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
I am back
Mood:  happy
Hi everybody,

I am back on line an' did some scrubing :)

dalleh

Posted by dalleh at 8:01 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saving Problems
I've been having problems saving things such as preferences and files. I've also had problems when I upload files. It will say it worked but when I look, the file isn't where I uploaded it.

Anyone know what this is?

Posted by theforce/24220 at 5:10 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 22 February 2005
need help with intrapage link
Now Playing: www.mamasbakerybarn.com
im trying to add an intrapage link to one of my pages and i keep getting an error. i have checked and rechecked and than checked the code again to no avail?? seems like its not allowed on angelfire? but its such a simple thing that i dont understand why it would not be? thanks for any help you can offer and yes i will check back here and also will say thank you to any help offered. one thing i would like to say though is, in the past when i have posted here, i get all kinds of advice regarding my website that is way off topic of my question, such as the size of my graphics etc. while this information has been helpful to me, i would appreciate this time to just get help with the question i am asking. the reason being is, i am new to html and hand coding all of my pages. im learning by trial and error and im completely aware that my site is not up to most experienced standards. i am taking a html class via the internet and hope to be able to understand how to do things differenctly soon. im not trying to be rude by asking this, i just have to weed through all the stuff, than i get off track on what im actually trying to figure out and before i know it, the night is over and i havent spent a minute with my family. im trying to take things one step at a time. thank you for understanding.
sher

Posted by ill/mamasbakerybarn at 7:44 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Hello I hope you can understand what I am asking I am not very good with these sort's of things.

What I want to know if I already have some HTML Codes in the code box in webshell can I add some more if so how would this be done I have tried adding more but they don't seem to turn out they way the should on the page thank you in advance

Posted by de3/gerty at 7:31 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older