Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 22 February 2005
need help with intrapage link
Now Playing: www.mamasbakerybarn.com
im trying to add an intrapage link to one of my pages and i keep getting an error. i have checked and rechecked and than checked the code again to no avail?? seems like its not allowed on angelfire? but its such a simple thing that i dont understand why it would not be? thanks for any help you can offer and yes i will check back here and also will say thank you to any help offered. one thing i would like to say though is, in the past when i have posted here, i get all kinds of advice regarding my website that is way off topic of my question, such as the size of my graphics etc. while this information has been helpful to me, i would appreciate this time to just get help with the question i am asking. the reason being is, i am new to html and hand coding all of my pages. im learning by trial and error and im completely aware that my site is not up to most experienced standards. i am taking a html class via the internet and hope to be able to understand how to do things differenctly soon. im not trying to be rude by asking this, i just have to weed through all the stuff, than i get off track on what im actually trying to figure out and before i know it, the night is over and i havent spent a minute with my family. im trying to take things one step at a time. thank you for understanding.
sher

Posted by ill/mamasbakerybarn at 7:44 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 22 February 2005 - 7:52 PM EST

Name: cw

what's the page name and what code are you using? Could be anything from a misnamed file, a typo, or a missing character in your code.

Tuesday, 22 February 2005 - 8:23 PM EST

Name: journal2/eajones
Home Page: http://calif-journal.com

Instead of using a relative link - a href="page1/whatever.html" - try using the full url to the page.
- a href="www.angelfire.com/username/page1/whatever.html"

Wednesday, 23 February 2005 - 1:48 AM EST

Name: ill/mamasbakerybarn

i tried that but i dont think it works because its an intrapage link rather than to another page. all that did was send me to a "cant find page" error. but thanks for the suggestion. you never know what might work so i always try everything. i appreciate the time you took to answer.
sher

Wednesday, 23 February 2005 - 1:53 AM EST

thanks for taking the time to try and help me, i really appreciate it. here is the page:
www.mamasbakerybarn.com/cake/wedding/info.html

and here is the code i am using for the intrapage link:
"What to expect when you call us about your cake"
What To Expect When You Call Us About Your Cake

Wednesday, 23 February 2005 - 1:55 AM EST

hmmm it didnt show up as the code???
"What to expect when you call us about your cake"
What To Expect When You Call Us About Your Cake

Wednesday, 23 February 2005 - 2:02 AM EST

I figured it out!! it actually worked just the way i had it when i did a test on the actual page rather than previewing it through the web shell. for some reason it doesnt work through the web shell but if you go directly to the page and click on the intrapage link it works. thanks everyone for your help!
sher

Wednesday, 23 February 2005 - 7:59 AM EST

Name: md/jdfaq

did you try it like this
a href="info.html#expectations">

anyways the preview is to see how the page looks more than how things work. the best way is save the changes and go to the other side to check forms or links.

Wednesday, 23 February 2005 - 11:51 AM EST

Name: cw

That didn't work because the code is slightly off. To be an absolute or full URL, http:// is required. Like this....

a href="https://www.angelfire.com/ill/mamasbakerybarn/whatever.html"

View Latest Entries