Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 15 February 2005
Dreamweaver and ftp problems with Angelfire
Mood:  don't ask
Now Playing: don't ask
I saw the post where the fellow said he was having problems using his ftp to upload files to his site.
I am too. My dreamweaver program tells me that it can't sync up with Angelfire's server clock so that it can upload properly. Angelfire help says its a Dreamweaver problem, but I had mine checked out and they say it's Angelfire. Anybody else?

Posted by droid/bcrum1 at 8:15 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 14 February 2005
We're both speaking English but it's not the same language???
Why the dickens is Angelfire making this process so darned difficult? It should be as simple to create a web page as it is to post this message. Same principle: type in text, use the toolbar to highlight things, add a few options with click-on scrollie things (the way one has to 'click-on' the word 'state' in a lot of sites, then scroll down to the desired abbreviation for the chosen state). I have no problem posting information to a forum. I can even cpy-and-paste an image and post it onto my signature line on most forums. I can't make heads nor tails out of Angelfire's "easy" instructions on how to get started building a web page--as old Calvin (from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip) once said, it's as if we're both speaking English but we're not speaking the same language.

Posted by ill2/acces2m at 10:20 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
FTP Problems
I currently tried using FTP with angelfire with a program, but apparently angelfire isn't responding. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posted by rock3/pduffman004 at 6:37 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
AF Member URLs
Topic: News
With the new version of Angelfire released today, really old compatibility URLs will now cease to function for member pages. Very few people should be using them, but there may be some.

If you have any URLs of the form:

https://www.angelfire.lycos.com/*state*/*membername*

Those links will now be broken. "www.angelfire.lycos.com" would previously redirect if it detected that you were trying to access a member page. (Up to about three years ago, we supported those URLs for members. Since then, it just redirected to the correct location.)

Please make sure that you always use "www.angelfire.com" as your member page address.

https://www.angelfire.com/*state*/*membername*

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 4:27 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Preguntas Soporte Tecnico
Now Playing: Preguntas sobre Soporte
Que tal.
Si tienes alguna duda tecnica.
Con gusto hazla y te contestare por este mismo medio.

Posted by eli at 3:01 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Comentarios Generales
Mood:  mischievious
Now Playing: Comenatarios Generales
Hola .

Aqui sus preguntas y comentarios generales.
Muchas Gracias

Posted by eli at 2:59 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire's New Look
Topic: News
The Angelfire team launched our new look today and we're all very proud of it. Take some time to browse around, we think that you might like it. The big changes are the removal of the dated "Angelfire Zones", to be replaced by a new Angelfire site directory. (That's still being polished, but there are tons of good sites in there already.) The old homepage is completely gone, replaced by one that gives you quick access to common "My Account" info like subscription plan, disk quota, etc.

The team is still polishing the release. The big known issue right now is that login will appear to be slow if you have many, many files. That is being fixed, probably by tomorrow. In the interim, you can go to https://www.angelfire.com/auth/login for a different login box that takes you directly to WebShell. That should help for the time being.

This new look and feel is still being polished and there are additional changes planned soon. If you see any problems, please respond in this thread and I will make sure they get raised. Please feel free to also post your suggestions (or compliments! I hope!) here also.

Posted by ma3/jpranevich at 1:55 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (12) | Permalink | Share This Post
Do Rollover images not work on Angelfire?
Mood:  irritated
Topic: Image Questions
I have created a page with a rollover image: https://www.angelfire.com/al/taraland/febmar03/febmar03map.html

The rollovers work from a local file on my computer, and they even work from the webshell Edit->Preview. But, from the live page, nothing happens. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the Angelfire banners. Is there a way to get this working?

Posted by al/taraland at 2:34 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 13 February 2005
i need so much help it isnt funny
Topic: HTML Questions
okay, i just started a site, and i have no idea what i am doing, the home page is up and the blog is up but how do i create links from the main page to other pages??? someone please help

Posted by zine2/loveangelmusicbaby at 5:25 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Home page counter
Mood:  on fire
How can i add a counter to my home page which is published by angelfire?

Posted by hi5/adellatsar at 10:48 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 11 February 2005
Need Some Help Makin A Link...Movie wise?
i uploaded this clip 5mb and i was wondering how i can put it on my page where ppl can see or somthing thanks

Posted by anime6/borisca at 4:25 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 10 February 2005
How can I edit a page that I didn't create?
How can I edit or delete a home page for my MOMS CLUB that I didn't create? It lists an email address to contact and the address is invalid. Sue

Posted by mo3/momsclubagoura at 11:36 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
need help
Mood:  not sure
I've had a web page on Angelfire for some time and want to change the pictures that I have on it. When I try to, I get those annoying red X's in the little white box. Forgive my ignorance, but what is that and how can I get rid of them and how can I change my pictures? I've uploaded new pictures I just can't get them on the web page. Thanks for any help.
the site is
Posted by la2/mhooked at 12:47 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 9 February 2005
How can i post my photo to my Blog Builder
Mood:  blue
Now Playing: yaepa
i have it difficult to post my onw photo to my blog builder,i don;t mean photo builder there is diffirence between both if thx.i we realy appriciate good answer.thakns to room.evrybody have a nice day.

Posted by ak5/akinbola at 11:59 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 8 February 2005

How do I find out my IP address?

Posted by rock3/pduffman004 at 5:36 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 7 February 2005
Photo Album URL trouble
Hey everyone...when you go to make a photo album it takes you to a page that asks for a name for your album a welcome text and a page URL and i dont know what a URL consists of and when i click the learn more all it says is This is the address of your photo album. You can send this address (URL) to friends and family so they can visit your photo album online. That doesnt help me at all i need examples CAN ANYONE HELP ME???
email me at DKMfaerie@aol.com please

Posted by vamp2/frankiepop190 at 5:46 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 5 February 2005
Site Access Problems
For the last month, we have had very slow access to working on our site at angelfire. For the past week, it's been almost impossible to even access our webshell...let alone upload any images. We have a "neon" membership and have purchased extra disk space so that isn't an issue. We have tried e-mailing twice through the "help" page and have received no reply. Supposedly, with our membership, we have access to the live help Monday-Friday and there is supposed to be a link or information on how to access that on our account page...there isn't anything. So we basically are stuck with not being able to even work on our site. If we can't figure out the problem, we will be forced to move. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Our address is:
www.angelfire.com/az2/BetCat

Posted by az2/BetCat at 7:54 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
How can i upload songs here and copy its link??
Mood:  on fire
who can help me tp solve the problem??
i just want to upload songs....n copy its link for my own site's background song...

Posted by in4/chongki at 10:20 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
i'm a beginnet
i judt signed in yesterday and i don't know how to "personalize" my website.i mean like changing the "look" of my site of how to make an html file from my computer the "output" of my site.i really need help . . .

Posted by crazy3/ask_me at 8:31 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 February 2005
Photo Album help!
Can any one tell me if you can link your photo album to your web page? I havwe tried and tried but to no luck . You can contact me at Nova63@linksplace.com Thanks for your time

Posted by il/balconywatchers at 10:28 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older