Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Thursday, 3 March 2005
using a domain name
I just suscribed to Angelfire at the Krypton level. I selected a domain name. Now how do I "use" it or set it up?

Yep I'm real lost!

Posted by ky3/craigorris74 at 9:56 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 3 March 2005 - 11:28 PM EST

Name: mamagoo

it takesabout -72 hours for your domain to propigate..... but usually sooner, but your site should be ad free immedietly.....

your domain name will be assigned to your tripod member name.
example:
www.yourname.com
will open this page......
https://www.angelfire.com/ky3/craigorris74/
it's called assignment and you can check it out in your lycos member info.

you don't have to build special pages for your domain, the page you have now is your domain page just continue to edit your index.html page from the web shell

or build your own pages with an html editor and upload the pages and files to your web shell directory.
name the first page index.html and it will replace the default one there now.....

if you are not familiar with HTML or with html editing applications........
you should go to the web shell and edit the default index.html page that is there now....

you will be able to reach your homepage by using either your angelfire addy and your domain name addy....
domain name is an alias of your angelfire addy.....

good luck

Thursday, 3 March 2005 - 11:38 PM EST

Name: being a magoooo

oopsie
"your domain name will be assigned to your angelfire member name"
not tripod....LOL

I was just posting at tripod and forgot where I was :)

View Latest Entries