Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 8 March 2005
Web Folder
Mood:  not sure
Topic: HTML Questions
I am using Publisher 2002, can I still use your templates, scripts within my website?
I am pretty new to building web pages.
It doesn't seem that angelfire supports Publisher because I am not able to edit my pages via Web Shell. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Posted by tx6/sonshinebarn at 2:50 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 8 March 2005 3:12 AM EST

Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 7:38 AM EST

Name: cw

Is Publisher a web page builder or desktop publisher? There's a difference. Desktop publishers usually aren't suited for web page building.

Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 1:15 PM EST

Name: biz2/metaphysician

The Publisher program that I am familiar with is a desktop publishing program.

Tuesday, 8 March 2005 - 11:01 PM EST

Name:
Home Page: http://www.sonshineranch.com

It is a desktop publisher, however, it's working great for me. Take a look at the site, still under construction.
Was just wondering if I could use some of the templates, I'll just have to try them.

Thanks

Wednesday, 9 March 2005 - 12:04 AM EST

Name: dalleh

the files are too larg for the webshell editor, but you can create pages and link them to publisher pages.

Wednesday, 9 March 2005 - 7:39 AM EST

Name: cw
Home Page: http://www.netmechanic.com/toolbox/html-code.htm

I took a look and don't think they're fine. The bloated code Publisher adds contributes enormously to your load time. What looks like a very simple page has a page weight of more than half a MB and an estimated load time of almost 3 minutes. There are also several hundred browser compatibility issues because of the coding it uses. Run your page code through a html validator of your choosing.I used the test tools at the link above. Needless to say, using a proper web builder would be a big improvement over what you have now. Your page code should not weigh more than a few KB.

Wednesday, 9 March 2005 - 10:24 PM EST

Name: tx6/sonshinebarn

Can you give me an example?
I appreciate the comments and advice, I know I have alot to learn.
Thank you so much!
Monica

Wednesday, 9 March 2005 - 10:26 PM EST

Name: tx6/sonshinebarn

Thank you very much for your advice. I will definitely run it through a validator. Which web builders would you recommend?

Monica

View Latest Entries