Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 9 March 2005
Videos
Mood:  caffeinated
hey i jus got started with this and i want to know hoy can i upload animations or videos to my page bye the way i heve the free domain please help me

Posted by crazy3/vipitalian at 1:48 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 9 March 2005 - 10:19 AM EST

Name: mamagoo

upload your files via the Web shell....

Or Using the 'blog method', there is an option there when creating a new post to upload video. You will see a movie camera icon....

the blog will write it as a text or Icon link to the video file....and the movie will download to play in a media player...

files should be name corectly and with an extension like .wma or .mov or .mpeg

in your case the file would be here if you do it via blog method....
https://www.angelfire.com/crazy3/vipitalian/fitalian/your_video_file.wmv

video files are quite large, they will take many, many minutes to upload if you are on modem dial-up connection.

and large file sizes like that take up directory space and if they are real large will eat up your bandwidth and time on modem connections when downloaded for viewing.....
however one video about 1-2mb should be okay for you, but don't use to many video files ok?

--------
animations are usually small files with the .gif extension and can be uploaded just like normal graphics to the web shell or blog.....

if you are thinking Flash type annimation then that is a little more complicated

View Latest Entries