Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 5 March 2005
Plans for site chat rooms??
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: News
I was wondering with the changes, if there were plans to offer chat room features for the higher end paid memberships?
I have used chat rooms on other servers, have been hoping that you begin to offer them and would upgrade gladly to have such a feature on my website.
Thank you.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 9:09 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 5 March 2005 - 1:39 PM EST

Name: jrp34

It's something that is being considered. Do you have any perferred chat software that you like? What features would you want to see? Do any other websites have chats that you think "do it right"?

JP

Saturday, 5 March 2005 - 5:27 PM EST

Name: dalleh

chat room vs message board or blog.

I think message boards are much useful than chat rooms. you don't have to be there all the time or wait for somebody to show up. spending money on improving the blogs is much better than starting chat room.

Saturday, 5 March 2005 - 5:40 PM EST

Name: biz2/metaphysician

:) How nice.

Recently I have been using universalclass.com 's chat rooms and Canyon College's chat rooms. Years ago I used delphiforums' chat rooms but it kept crashing, so I gave up.

universalclass.com uses ? Sun Java Virtual Machine for the chat experience. It works well. It has transcripts of sessions for me to see-helpful for a teacher to look back and see who did what comments for grading purposes. I would not think something like that would be necessary.
Canyon College's system works well and is very simple. I have no idea what it uses for its chat system.

I would be looking for some real time communication embedded in my site so I can do synchronous consults and conferences without going to an external system.

Thank you.

Friday, 1 April 2005 - 8:36 AM EST

Name: biz2/metaphysician

I have to say that I am loving the freeware chatroom experience of everywherechat.com
The features are just what I need.
So if angelfire could offer something like that with one of the upgrades I would happily sign up.

View Latest Entries