Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 5 March 2005
Pop-up ads?
Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: Circle Jerks - Live Fast Die Young
Topic: HTML Questions
Just got back into HTML with angelfire, and I remember on my old site having the option to have pop-up ads for my free AF account. Is this option still available, 'cos I can't find it!

Posted by punk5/drinksmashpuke at 3:20 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 5 March 2005 - 8:38 AM EST

Name: cw

option was removed. Now all free accounts get both popups and banners

Saturday, 5 March 2005 - 8:40 AM EST

Name: jrp34

Thanks to the magic of popup blockers, Angelfire had to remove the option to have popups only on member sites. We do, unfortunately, have to make money or we can't host people's webpages. It's a bit of a catch-22.

If you are upset with the banners, I recommend upgrading to the $5 per month plan. It's not horribly expensive, you get upgrades to disk space and bandwith, and all the advertising goes away. It might be worth it for you.

JP

View Latest Entries