Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Monday, 21 February 2005
Can't find the photo builder
Topic: Image Questions
Help I can't get to the photo builder it keeps telling me there is an error. If anyone can help I would sure be greatful. Herb
hhross@comcast.net

Posted by wv2/erinherbie at 8:01 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 18 February 2005
Why aren't my images showing up now?
Mood:  irritated
I've had my mother's memorial site up for alost 3 years and now ever since this change took place none of my images will show up. I know I have the correct text typed and the directories are right also. So......where did they go? I also have gotten e-mails from everyone one of the webrings I belong to because nothing matches with them anymore? How can all this be fixed?

https://www.angelfire.com/md3/miss_you_mom

Posted by md3/miss_you_mom at 3:29 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 14 February 2005
Do Rollover images not work on Angelfire?
I have created a page with a rollover image: https://www.angelfire.com/al/taraland/febmar03/febmar03map.html

The rollovers work from a local file on my computer, and they even work from the webshell Edit->Preview. But, from the live page, nothing happens. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the Angelfire banners. Is there a way to get this working?

Posted by al/taraland at 2:34 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 10 February 2005
need help
Mood:  not sure
I've had a web page on Angelfire for some time and want to change the pictures that I have on it. When I try to, I get those annoying red X's in the little white box. Forgive my ignorance, but what is that and how can I get rid of them and how can I change my pictures? I've uploaded new pictures I just can't get them on the web page. Thanks for any help.
the site is
Posted by la2/mhooked at 12:47 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 9 February 2005
How can i post my photo to my Blog Builder
Mood:  blue
Now Playing: yaepa
i have it difficult to post my onw photo to my blog builder,i don;t mean photo builder there is diffirence between both if thx.i we realy appriciate good answer.thakns to room.evrybody have a nice day.

Posted by ak5/akinbola at 11:59 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 February 2005
Photo Album help!
Can any one tell me if you can link your photo album to your web page? I havwe tried and tried but to no luck . You can contact me at Nova63@linksplace.com Thanks for your time

Posted by il/balconywatchers at 10:28 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 31 January 2005
Please help I've been trying to get this done and can't
I have been trying to get this image on my site for the longest time and can't figure it out. I have tried all of the suggestions on the help page and they don't help. I have my image under my image directory as a gif. So I think that is right. On my page all there is, is a box with an x in it. Please help.

Posted by pro2/totalindulgence at 6:56 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (35) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Monday, 31 January 2005 10:31 PM EST
Saturday, 29 January 2005
Still having trouble
Mood:  down
Now Playing: http://angelfire.com/creep/blue_caboose
Ok I have tried everything....one minute my images are working fine...then they turn into the "X" thing again...what's going on?

Posted by cindy at 9:21 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 28 January 2005
Oops
Now Playing: Forgot...
I posted the comment below. Here is my URL

blue-caboose.net
https://www.angelfire.com/creep/blue_caboose

Posted by cindy at 5:52 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Images acting strange!
Now Playing: HELP!
Ok...I have images uploaded on my page. One minute they are showing fine and the next I get a big empty box with "X" in it. I keep having to re-load the images under different names. What's going on? Please help..someone!

Posted by cindy at 5:41 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 27 January 2005
How do you...?
Mood:  quizzical
I made a photo album using the photo album creator here om Angelfire. I want to add this photo album to my webpage as another page. How would I do this? Thanks

Posted by al4/hairypawterfan0 at 5:03 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 18 January 2005
Linking to Images Hosted on Angelfire
Mood:  lyrical
Now Playing: Playing what?
I want to create a page with images on another site but I want to host the images on angelfire. (I think this is called remote image hosting?) I have the free angelfire version and when I try to do that it won't show the images it just says "Image hosted at Angelfire" or something like that.

How do I get it to pull up the image? I read that I may have to upgrade to a paying plan. Does anyone know if that is true? If I upgrade to the Neon $4.95 a month plan would I be able to host images at angelfire but be able to pull them up on another site?

Thanks
Grace

Posted by fang/gracegsx at 5:37 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 3 January 2005
Insert Pics on Home Page
Mood:  quizzical
I am new to this, so my question has probably a very simple answer. I have created a site on Angelfire and am using HTML Document Edit (from Word) to work on it. Site = /cantina/nnandgoo

I have created a folder (/images) to store all the Pics that I want to use and am referencing them through a hiperlink in the page's cell (where I wish to present the Pic). However, the image does not appear. I am using the same procedure on sites /cantina/nnandgoo and on /cantina/nnandgoo/reviews and face the same problem.

Can anybody give me a tip on what I should do?

Posted by cantina/nnandgoo at 9:01 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 30 December 2004

Mood:  a-ok
Hi there. I am new here. I have a question. I am trying to get rollover image on my webpage. Which it works in dreamweaver but here i am trying to edit the code but its not working. i use to know how to do it but i forgot..please someone help me.

Posted by ultra2/priyanka at 1:42 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 December 2004
No Images
Mood:  chillin'
I seem to be having problems viewing images on my personal web page others can see images when they go to my web page but I can't. What can I do to correct this because it is very frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated...Whenever I go to my web page I can see the banners across the top and bottom but none of the images or sounds that were created are coming through...

Posted by jazz/stinger845 at 10:43 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 10 December 2004
Upgrade help with images
i just upgraded last night to the argon account. when loading my old page (without the domain) my image shows up fine, and also in the web shell preview, but when loading through the domain name it doesnt show up?? can anyone help me? the domain address is mamasbakerybarn.com. also, another question, since i upgraded, do i now own that domain name?

Posted by ill/mamasbakerybarn at 12:46 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 1 December 2004
Is it at all possible to download files? PLease say it is
Mood:  caffeinated
Hey guys I have a question, I know how to upload files and construct a website using the webshell but I'm in a pickle. See what happened was, it was a sunny spring afternoon in June, it was the last day of the semester in my photoshop class. I brought in a CD-R so that I could burn my images that I created to the disc so that I can take them home, for they are worthy. Anyway, I uploaded them to my webshell, they were all saved as .tif files from photoshop, it was a last minute resort because I found out that the crappy G1 Macs in our class room couldn't burn CDs, not one of them! I assumed that one could download the files from the webshell if they uploaded them, but that was not quite the case. So now all of my works are stuck online on the angelfire webshell. Sure it's convenient, I can access them from almost anywhere, but I'm dying of the feeling of incompleteness. Had I saved the files as gifs or jpegs, I could have right clicked and copied them, but I did not want to lose the quality... Alas! Does anyone know if it is at all possible to download a file that one had previously uploaded to their webshell?

Posted by falcon/smoorthy at 9:26 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 1 December 2004 9:29 PM EST
Tuesday, 30 November 2004

Can't get to the upload site. Worked fine then quit the following night. Keep getting the "Error uploading..its been recorded in our logs and will be attended to. We apologize for this inconvenience."

It does the same on a different computer. So I assume its not a problem I can fix.
Its been nearly 2 weeks. How long does it take to "attend to"?
Mick

Posted by in/ParkerCity at 10:50 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 27 November 2004
how to access your webpage once you have finished it
Mood:  caffeinated
i just made a webpage and i can't access it. i can log in and access it, but i can't find the page to view the photos i want to post. i created the homepage to show others photographs of crochet projects, and how can i show them my webpage featuring my projects? i can't find any other way to access it eccept to sign in. people just viewing the page for the photo shouldn't have to sign in, and where is the photo i just downloaded? please if anyone can help, please write. thank you.

Posted by art2/crochettedlacemaker at 2:08 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 18 November 2004
movie
I'm new to this and would like to put a small movie (.wmv) on my site, so far am having no luck.

Posted by ego2/kevin1 at 5:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older