Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 30 November 2004

Topic: Image Questions
Can't get to the upload site. Worked fine then quit the following night. Keep getting the "Error uploading..its been recorded in our logs and will be attended to. We apologize for this inconvenience."

It does the same on a different computer. So I assume its not a problem I can fix.
Its been nearly 2 weeks. How long does it take to "attend to"?
Mick

Posted by in/ParkerCity at 10:50 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 1 December 2004 - 2:06 AM EST

Name: mamagoo

How are you uploading Mick? are you using ftp application or are you uploading from the web shell?

are they very large files?

have you tried to use another type of Browser?

Have you added any firewalls or changed any security settings on your computer....

Of course if it's doing it on another computer, is the other computer in your home and using the same internet connection?

How are you on directory quota and bandwidth?

Wednesday, 1 December 2004 - 2:23 AM EST

Name: mamagoo again

I have a feeling your pretty close to running out of directory file allotment. and it won't let you upload any more large files. I just viewed your site and you have many, many pages and many many many large graphics wtih larger file size, most are over 40,000 bytes.....
your allotted 20 MB how much do you have left?
it shows you in the web shell what your quota is and how much you have left...

...and remember downloading those large pictures for viewing in a browser takes up bandwidth and bandwidth is regulated by the hour.....
if your site gets heavy traffic it could be bandwidth your running low on within a particualr hour.....

Monday, 6 December 2004 - 12:24 AM EST

Name: in/ParkerCity

mamagoo, Thanks for the thoughts. I am close to limit, have 18.64 mb used of the 20mb available. Was trying to upload a couple 33k images. The other computer was at my work site and on high speed cable. I know I have some larger images I need to downsize but time doesnt let me. Im not all that familiar with the bandwidth part of it but I get the drift. Its usually around 11pm when I get the chance to get online and I imagine that is a busy time. As you can see by my site, its nothing fancy, just elementary, but its all that I wish with my limited time.
Thanks again, Mick

View Latest Entries