Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 30 November 2004

Topic: Image Questions
Can't get to the upload site. Worked fine then quit the following night. Keep getting the "Error uploading..its been recorded in our logs and will be attended to. We apologize for this inconvenience."

It does the same on a different computer. So I assume its not a problem I can fix.
Its been nearly 2 weeks. How long does it take to "attend to"?
Mick

Posted by in/ParkerCity at 10:50 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
To Mike in Customer service. Regarding unanswered emails to premium customer support
Mood:  irritated
I can tell by your other posts that you read this. I posted on here for help and you have not answered me. I have emailed "premium" customer service numerous times with no reply. Can you tell me why noone answers me? I am considering switching to another provider if you cannot provide the customer support that you advertise! Read my earlier post for the email information. Please reply! PS I fixed the problem myself by disabling and reenabling the frontpage extensions!

Posted by tx/pilot69 at 4:55 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
domain customer help -contacting angelfire
Now Playing: news
This is what totally bugs me. I have tried contacting them a few times even before I switched emails and no response. What is it there for if they dont answer? Especially if you have a special place for it in the domain spot? I mean I didnt even receive an automatic email response...

Posted by Holli at 8:56 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 29 November 2004
HELP!
Mood:  down
Now Playing: angelfire.com/sc3/j_heritage/group
I have been trying to change my template from sports lycos to snowday and it will not change. Correction, the sports lycos still appears and fragments of snowy day shows. This has never happen to me before and I never had any problems with changing my template (background) please help... email me sonall3@aol.com thank you!

Posted by sc3/j_heritage at 4:17 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Topic: HTML Questions
Ok, I am new to this..I screwed up. Under, I guess its called Transporter or something in your web shell it says you can copy stuff..etc...anyways, lets say i try to type my website address on the internet...like, my whole website, just to see if it works..well, it takes me to msn.com cause thats what i put as the URL under the transporter thingy. now, thats what my website address is! i already told all my friends and family about my site and now i'm screwed. can someone help me fix this so they can go to my website..or do they go to my website a different way? its just that i dont want the public going to my site..just people who know me. help

Posted by stars5/angel_sa1 at 3:22 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
FORGOT
I forgot my login name and password on another account. What do I do?

Posted by games5/bom0 at 10:08 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Frontpage not working, no help from premium support
Topic: FrontPage
I keep getting the following error when trying to do anything to my site with Frontpage: 403 Forbidden Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc on this server. I have emailed "Premium" customer support three times in the last 10 days or so and they have sent no response, other that the auto-reply. I need to update pictures and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Please help! www.saritaandkel.com www.angelfire.com/tx/pilot69

Posted by tx/pilot69 at 10:04 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Question about services offered by Angelfire
Hi,
I'm interested in adding a forum/bulletin type board to my website, but I get the feeling Angelfire doesn't allow it. These are the requirements for the board I want to start:
------------------------------------------------
Installation of phpBB 2.0.11 requires the following:
? A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System
? A SQL database system, one of:
o MySQL (3.22 or higher)
o PostgreSQL 7.0.3 or higher (preferably 7.1.x or 7.2.x)
o MS SQL Server (7 or 2000) directly or via ODBC
o MS Access (2000 or XP) via ODBC
? PHP (3.0.9 and above or preferably a recent 4.x) with support for the database you intend to use above
If your server or hosting account does not meet the requirements above I am afraid phpBB 2.0 is not for you.
-----------------------------------------------
Please let me know if my paid account has access to the above requirements.

Thanks!

Posted by theforce/rch_golf at 3:23 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 28 November 2004
HTML??
Mood:  not sure
I am unable to edit my web site from web shell. There is no link boxes opposit Files: (view, edit, etc) or Directories:(open, rename,etc) I have edited my site many times and never had this problem before. Can anyone tell me how I go about getting this fixed? I really do need help. Thanks. Kcey

Posted by al/kcey at 9:17 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 27 November 2004
how to access your webpage once you have finished it
Mood:  caffeinated
i just made a webpage and i can't access it. i can log in and access it, but i can't find the page to view the photos i want to post. i created the homepage to show others photographs of crochet projects, and how can i show them my webpage featuring my projects? i can't find any other way to access it eccept to sign in. people just viewing the page for the photo shouldn't have to sign in, and where is the photo i just downloaded? please if anyone can help, please write. thank you.

Posted by art2/crochettedlacemaker at 2:08 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 25 November 2004
list of thanks
1. Be thankful you haven't been spammed!

2. Be thankful your computer isn't down!

3. Be thankful your favorite forum isn't down!

4. Be thankful you don't have The Good Times virus!

5. Be thankful your server isn't down!

6. Be thankful for a vast selection of Web sites to browse!

7. Be thankful no one knows who you really are!

8. Be thankful someone sent you a cyber sundae, and you didn't gain a pound!

9. Be thankful your 28 year old cyberfriend really isn't 72!

10. Be thankful for a fast Internet connnection!

11. Be thankful no one sent you a cyber voo-doo doll!

Posted by dalleh at 3:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 24 November 2004
Web page help
Need help. I uploaded a file and now I need to know how to get it to be a link on my web page. I need to know after the file has been up loaded, then what do I do with the file. I see the file and know that it has been uploaded, but I can't get it to go on my web page. Help!!

Posted by journal2/anthonyjim39553 at 2:29 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 23 November 2004
Putting buttons and Text next to each other
Mood:  suave
Hi, I want to put four buttons down the left side of the page with a paragraph of text on the right side.I can't seem to figure it out,everytime I try putting the button where they allow text/HTML they want me to put a plain image too.Otherwise neither shows up. Is it because I chose the page as a Photo albumn? Do i need to start up the page with a standard layout ?(I'm too dumb for advanced editor).LOL

I tried doing a table in the BODY section,putting all four buttons align left. But it didn't work,it gave me a normal left-center-right table.ARG!

Posted by pop2/princess-couture at 4:48 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blog background-again...
Now Playing: days of our lives
I have been having issues changing the background of my blog. I go to upload an image after I check custom image and make sure that it is a GIF and JPEG. Then when I get it uploaded, it doesnt even upload it into the blog file like my other images are. If I purchased a domain I want to be able to change this background. Why is it this happening. Im so frustrated because I have been able to do this before on an older Angelfire blog. And now there's no way to contact Angelfire about it either, and as I stated before...it's getting quite frustrating. Normally there will be a little address in the line after it's upload. It doesn't even show up in the preview. What am I doing wrong? Please someone help me.

Posted by Holli at 1:08 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Pathway to email?
Mood:  don't ask
I am trying to add a autoresponder to my angelfire page, its a cgi thing and it looks simple enough, however the required part of the script is:

# Type the full path to your EMail program.
# If you're not sure of this, ask your server administrator

$mailprog="/usr/sbin/sendmail";

anybody got a clue as to what l should put in here??

George

Posted by George The Phobia Collector at 12:58 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 22 November 2004
The Banner and my layout...
Mood:  blue
*sigh* I'm about to scratch my whole layout right now because I can't get it to format well with the top banner add on my site. I'm not sure exactly but I think I remember an option that allowed the adds to be pop-ups instead of banners... or I might have just been imagining things... but If it does, or ever did, exsist would anyone know how I can turn it one. I'm really not wanting to scap all my hard work just becuase the layout doesn't fit like it should. But at this point it looks like I might not have any choice but to do so.

Thanks in advance and thanks anyway if there's nothing to be done about it.

Much love,
Allycion

Posted by art2/lecovia at 10:10 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
This is insane!
My seems to now be consumed by these large ads which read "You are visitor 50 000 000. Congratz have a prize." Firstly they are definatly lieing. Theres no way in hell theres been that many hits to my site, aswell, while viewing my pages and checking them for errors I have been number 50 000 000 more than a dozen times.

These things push things over and make a mess of my pages. Is there anyway that I can ask angelfire not to post these speficic ads?

Posted by games5/popstudio at 5:35 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 21 November 2004
Domain Confusion....lol
Mood:  mischievious
Hi! I'm somewhat new to making web pages, but have a site up and going already..a work in progress if you will ~s~..I just upgraded my angelfire account to Xenon, and received my own domain..my question is..how do i get the site i already have attached to my domain? Basically, I need to know if my angelfire site can be my domain site and if so..how do I do it? Any help on this would be much appreciated... Thanks, tangible

Posted by moon2/tangible at 7:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Diary Background
Now Playing: News
I was wondering how come I can't a background image on my diary? It uploads but it doesnt show up? What is the deal? I have a domain here with angelfire and it wont even let me change it. How do I fix this? Thanks

Posted by Holli at 9:11 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 18 November 2004
movie
I'm new to this and would like to put a small movie (.wmv) on my site, so far am having no luck.

Posted by ego2/kevin1 at 5:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older