Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 26 October 2004
No images appear!!!
Mood:  sad
Now Playing: what? u mean a game? hmm...Final Fantasy X-2
Topic: Image Questions
I downloaded a free layout from oritsuru.com. i use notepad to edit the text on it. I recently joined angelfire and uploaded this layout to it to create my site. The thing is, all the images are fine offline, but online none of them appear, its just a space where the images shud be and a red cross in the corner! what do i do, i need desperate help so i can release my site before December..PLZ HELP!!!!

site: www.angelfire.com/rpg2/lostcry

Posted by rpg2/lostcry at 6:27 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 11 October 2004
DOWNLOAD IMAGES TO HARD DRIVE?
Mood:  not sure
I want to save my images that I have uploaded to angelfire to my hard drive as I no longer need them on angelfire but do not want to delete them. I've tried VIEW then save but I won't save it in an image format. Please let me know of any suggestions via here or email texasbrands@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Posted by tx2/sparetimefarm at 11:58 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 2 October 2004
how to
Mood:  don't ask
how do i get my pics to show up on home page can someone please help me

Posted by rebellion2/kenneth_micah at 1:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 26 September 2004
Help with Ads
Mood:  quizzical
I would like to switch my ads from embedded to popups so I checked the ad faq and it said that you can change it under preferences in the webshell....can anyone tell me where to find the preferences button in the webshell? I have looked all over but can't figure out how to get to it or where it is? Help!!!!!

TIA,

PopcornLady

Posted by va3/popcornvideo at 1:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Roll over Images
Mood:  irritated
I am using roll over images on my page, I had no problem getting 2 roll over images, I followed script library instructions exactly.

My problem arose when I tried putting a third roll over image on the page, now none of the pictures do anything. At the head javascript area I did the editing to change the image numbers to 3 and the body image number to 3 for the new rollover, but it doesn't work. I have went through the codes several times and I have spelt nothing wrong...please help me...

Posted by droid/uno at 6:18 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 23 September 2004
Creating links within a page
How do I create a link on a website, beside a picture that will zoom in and enlarge the picture in a new window?

Posted by mo3/diamondbriteautos at 5:40 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 21 September 2004
Uploading video problem
I'm trying to upload a couple of videos to my site and everytime I try it comes up with a page that says it can't connect to the server and then it goes back to the webshell and says there was an error in uploading your file and we have made a note in our log, blah blah blah...The strange part is I can upload anything else (html, jpg, even wav files), but not the video. I have plenty of space and the video is 7.58mb. What am I doing wrong?

Posted by Holly Lynn at 1:08 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 19 September 2004
Beginner Help 2
Now Playing: www.angelfire.com/vamp/anamijordan
I was fustrated to begin with, but now I am a little better. What does it take to get an imaged load on the site where it will work. what is the point of the little white box with the red "X" in the middle if the picture is just lost in the trasaction. Can some help poor little 'ole me? I think my page is really basic and I don't think I asking 4 a lot...

Posted by vamp/anamijordan at 1:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 15 September 2004
Also having images problems
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/in4/theuleryfamily
Like the post below I have my files uploaded and all the HTML is correct. When I go to view the pages some of my images do not show up. However, if I right click and hit show picture it pops right up. This happens on random pictures/buttons even on my own computer. How can I fix this problem? I do not think the picture files are big..the pages are each 4-5k.

Posted by in4/theuleryfamily at 7:38 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Images not there
Ok so i know most people have had this problem and ive read all the faq's and solutions but nothing is working. I've uploaded all my pictures (jpegs) and the html is correct and i uploaded them in my webshell into the images directory and when i view the webpage everything is fine, the pics are there and the music but when everyone outside my computer tries to view it, it doesnt work, whats wrong?

Posted by ego2/tyler1 at 12:01 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 9 September 2004
VIDEOS on Angelfire?
Now Playing: How do I play video??
I have a Digital camera in which I can film quick 15 second videos. They are filmed as a
".MOV" file. How can I get this to play on Angelfire site?? Do I need to convert? How do I convert?
(I try to post it in a page just like I post images..but it wont work).

Thanks for any help i can get.

aroundthewayprod@hotmail.com

Posted by ny2/aroundtheway at 11:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 25 August 2004
PLEASE NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  hug me
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! WHY WHEN YOU ENTER TO MY PAGE INSTEAD OF THE PICTURES I UPLOAD APPEARS "IMAGE HOSTED BY ANGELFIR" WHERE ARE MY PICTURES???????????? WHY CAN'T I SEE THEM????? I'M USING THIS WEB SITE TO WORK AND REALLY BOTHERS ME THIS PROBLEM.

Posted by comics/gulianova at 11:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 21 August 2004
new user here needs help
Mood:  down
how can I use my images that are stored on my angelfire acct on outside webpages?

Posted by games5/bethnkris at 1:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 17 August 2004
Beginner and Feeling Really Dumb....
Mood:  down
K - I just started this and I must say that I am having some major problems - All I want to do at this point is have a audio file play when my site is viewed and put some pictures or images on the site...i can not seem to do either one and the directions honestly lose me more - can anyone simplify this for me???? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks Marshare76@yahoo.com

Posted by punk5/ourteam at 12:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 7 August 2004
Image Limit?
Mood:  quizzical
Is there a limit to the amount of images you are allowed to display on your site? I mean, mine won't show on the several pages of my site. The first page functions entirely, but the second two don't. My storage isn't even half full, so that's not it, and my html/path/upload/everything else is correct. The only thing I can think of is a limit on the number of images displayed.

Posted by anime6/undergroundcomix at 6:30 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 4 August 2004
Argh!
Mood:  loud
I have a site with tons of images. Most of the images won't show up, they mostly all appear as the little red x in a box. The images are all jpgs, the tags are all correct, the file names are correct, everything is uploaded, I mean everything I could possibly doo, I've done. I did notice that in the loading status bar in the bottom left hand corner of the window that the names of the images that don't work appear w/ black bars/brackets around them.

Posted by anime6/undergroundcomix at 9:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 30 July 2004
images not showing....?
Mood:  d'oh
i've had my images for a while now (1 year) and all of a sudden they aren't showing up even though they are in the correct folder and the link is right.
all that shows up is a angelfire logo??

what's up with this?

Posted by oz/mr.pbody at 6:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 27 July 2004
Images Previously Remote-Linked Now Not Loading
I had previously used Angelfire as an image host for my LIvejournal website. Eventually, all the images I had remote-linked turned into Angelfire logos. I checked the Angelfire website and learned the remote linking was not allowed.
Now, when I go to use one of the images that I had remote-linked (which are now Angelfire Image Roadblock icons in the archives of my Livejournal) , I cannot use them locally in my Angelfire website. When I attempt to code for the image in the customary way, and then view it, it appears again as the Angelfire "roadblock" image or as the usual red, boxed X.
How can I remedy this problem? To see the page with the problematic images, go to https://www.angelfire.com/ill/fey_seraph/lights.html/. Thanks so much,
Brandon

Posted by ill/fey_seraph at 7:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 26 July 2004
queen's pictures
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: moving
hi i have upload my stuff on to my webshell but what do i do to take it from the webshell to my home page am so losted ---plz help

Posted by anime6/www.queens.com at 2:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 20 July 2004
Trouble with my images
I have my images uploaded on the website but I cant find out how to put them on my image page. Can anyone help?

Posted by sc3/lizstudleyphotograph at 9:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older