Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Sunday, 17 October 2004
Putting sound on your website
I have a couple songs that I want to choose from to put on my site, but they are all either wma and one is MP2 (not MP3). I can't use them on my site?

Posted by pop2/princess-couture at 3:37 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (14) | Permalink | Share This Post
Trouble uploading FrontPage web
Mood:  not sure
Topic: FrontPage
I have made a Web useing Frontpage 2002. I have uploaded it to my anglefire account, It says it was done seccuessfully but when i view my page it is not my front page web. I have all ready enabled FPSE's so i dont know what else to do so that it will view corectlly

Posted by dragon2/kerwyn at 2:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 16 October 2004
aligning link images
Mood:  spacey
Topic: HTML Questions
I have an image as a link to another page that is centered,I want to make it go to the left of the screen. How do I do that? I thought maybe "align=left"blah blah" /align" but it didn't work.I want to put one image left,one centered,and one right. Help!

Posted by pop2/princess-couture at 7:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Saturday, 16 October 2004 7:15 PM EDT
Inline Frame Box(HTML)
Mood:  irritated
How do you set the width and height for an "inline" Frame box?

Posted by theforce/n_s at 8:04 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 15 October 2004
Oops! We can only accept forms that come from a Angelfire URL. Sorry
I am getting this message when using my form.

Oops!
We can only accept forms that come from a Angelfire URL. Sorry!

The script is correct.

My form does not work on my computer, but it works on other computers.

Also when I edit my form and click on my back button on my web browser. I get the following message.

Warning: Page has Expired
The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

I am wondering if they are related?

Is there something wrong with my setting.

How do I fix this problem?

Posted by va3/search at 5:41 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 14 October 2004
Front Pager Server Extensions Error
I have built a website using Front Page 2002 and my feedback form is not working. I have enabled server extensions on the angelfire website, however I still receive an error. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Posted by empire2/yankeesny at 10:26 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 12 October 2004
adding blog feed
how would I go about adding my blog to my angelfire website? I would like my updates to be posted to my website.

Posted by blog2/politicsland at 9:25 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

I'm having problems embedding windows media player. I go to my web shell and view the page and it plays the video like it's suppose to but when I go to the actual web page the video does not play. Help. My web page is https://www.angelfire.com/stars5/serenityhopeandlove. Thanks.

Posted by stars5/serenityhopeandlove at 8:25 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Don't know what I am doing!
Mood:  quizzical
I would like to post 15 images to my blog, but only have one showing. I'd like to have navigation buttons at the bottom that say previous/1 to 15/next anyone know if that is possible and the code for it?
also, I have a webshell for a website can the webshell be accessed by my blog? with hyperlinks?
Sorry if this is too basic.

Posted by comics/hathor at 12:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Search function not working
Anyone else having a problem with the search function on their site not working?
I can enter a search for a word that I know is there, but the returned results are just a vacant line.
Appreciate any suggestions. I haven't altered any code on my site, so maybe the fault is at the Angelfire end. (I've emailed them, but had no response as yet)
Geo.

https://www.angelfire.com/trek/nz_usa

Posted by trek/nz_usa at 2:17 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 11 October 2004
Music
How do i find the URL to the music file i uploaded to webshell. Im completely clueless. Or how do i move the music to my website. Im trying to find the url so i can add it to my deadjournal.

Posted by journal2/sarcvicious at 1:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
DOWNLOAD IMAGES TO HARD DRIVE?
Mood:  not sure
Topic: Image Questions
I want to save my images that I have uploaded to angelfire to my hard drive as I no longer need them on angelfire but do not want to delete them. I've tried VIEW then save but I won't save it in an image format. Please let me know of any suggestions via here or email texasbrands@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Posted by tx2/sparetimefarm at 11:58 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 10 October 2004
Hit Counter and Forum Broken
Mood:  down
I have uploaded a web created with Front Page because this place says they have the Server Extensions. I have a hit counter on my home page and a forum on antoher page. When I uploaded my web, I got the error message that the home page and the forum page would not work properly. I uploaded them anyway. My hit counter was missing and the forum didn't work. While viewing help, I noticed that you have to enable your site for the Front Page extensions. I did that. Then, the hit counter appeared and said I was visitor number 1...OK. The forum still didn't work. I have tried many things and have now noted that the hit counter is stuck on "1" and the forum still doesn't work. Any ideas on how to REALLY ENABLE a FronPage site?

Posted by ms2/magusonline at 6:48 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 7 October 2004
Site Maintenance
Angelfire is currently doing site maintenance on the backend components which support "webstats" and some of other reporting bits. You may notice odd behavior or statistics not being up to date today. No data will be lost, but this may continue for a couple of days until the upgrade is complete.

As an aside, Angelfire also released fixes yesterday for ad placament problems on some sites. If you have a site where the "bottom" ad does not show on the bottom, or if there are any new problems, please respond here.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 8:38 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 6 October 2004
monster.com banner ad
one of the monster.com banner ads at the bottom of the page uses flash player, and EVERY TIME it comes up, it freezes the page and an error message comes up saying "a script in this movie is causing the flash player to run slowly. if it continues to run, it will make your computer unresponsive. do you wish to abort the script?" this is happening EVERY TIME this one particular ad comes up, no matter what computer i'm using. is something wrong with the coding for the ad? can it be fixed? if so, please fix it. and please don't tell me to use another browser, that is not an option.

Posted by pop2/timemachine at 6:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 5 October 2004
Does it all go on one long webpage?
Now Playing: webpage
I am wondering if we have to put all our stuff on one long page or if we can divide it up so a person can click links to get from one page to another. What topic would you find that info under?'

Thanks,
Ricky

Posted by ny5/marcblackwell at 11:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 3 October 2004
fonts
Now Playing: www.angelfire.com/az3/goladyjags
I've had this site for a few years now and would like to become more creative with my fonts, esp. font sizes, which are pretty limited with basic html. I know I have to be careful, because a lot of users may not have access to the fonts that I have. One example - I'd like to make the site title more dramatic - do I need to create it separately and insert it as a jpeg, or is there an easier way? Thanks.

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 6:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Check Boxes
When making my page I want to make one page the Disclaimer and I want it so you have to check the box then click I Agree? How do I do that and make it work?

Posted by theforce/n_s at 4:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Check Boxes
When making my page I want to make one page the Disclaimer and I want it you you have to check the bow then click I Agree? How do I do that and make it work?

Posted by theforce/n_s at 3:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
I'm a dumba*&
Mood:  d'oh
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/ult/troop128/
flash of light in the dark :-)

Angelfire won't show .htm files. File must be .html!

I am up and running, although, it would be nice if that info was somewhere or if it was somewhere, maybe moved somewhere you can actually find!

Posted by ult/troop128 at 5:02 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older