Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 1 December 2004
Is it at all possible to download files? PLease say it is
Mood:  caffeinated
Topic: Image Questions
Hey guys I have a question, I know how to upload files and construct a website using the webshell but I'm in a pickle. See what happened was, it was a sunny spring afternoon in June, it was the last day of the semester in my photoshop class. I brought in a CD-R so that I could burn my images that I created to the disc so that I can take them home, for they are worthy. Anyway, I uploaded them to my webshell, they were all saved as .tif files from photoshop, it was a last minute resort because I found out that the crappy G1 Macs in our class room couldn't burn CDs, not one of them! I assumed that one could download the files from the webshell if they uploaded them, but that was not quite the case. So now all of my works are stuck online on the angelfire webshell. Sure it's convenient, I can access them from almost anywhere, but I'm dying of the feeling of incompleteness. Had I saved the files as gifs or jpegs, I could have right clicked and copied them, but I did not want to lose the quality... Alas! Does anyone know if it is at all possible to download a file that one had previously uploaded to their webshell?

Posted by falcon/smoorthy at 9:26 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 1 December 2004 9:29 PM EST

Thursday, 2 December 2004 - 12:59 AM EST

Name: dalleh
Home Page: http://www.globalscape.com/

the wasy way to download the files is to use ftp
go here http://www.globalscape.com/ download cuteftp you can use it for a month for free

to login the host is : ftp.angelfire.com

your ID and password to angelfire

once there drag and drop from right to left.

if you image editor use it to open the images and save them as jpg and see if that works.

Monday, 6 December 2004 - 4:38 PM EST

Name: falcon/smoorthy

Thanks a lot man! It worked.

View Latest Entries