Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Wednesday, 16 June 2004

Mood:  irritated
I have to create a webpage for a class and my professor sort of explained how to do it, but it wouldn't work for me. I emailed him for help like 4 or 5 times each week the past three weeks and he never responded. Maybe someone out there can help me. I did what he said to create it, but when I click on it, it is not the page I created in Composer. It looks like one created by angelfire. How do I create one?

Posted by crazy3/murawskyk at 1:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
is there a way you can take the sidebar off my site?
Mood:  not sure
Topic: HTML Questions

i was just wondering my site isn't a business site just a fan site

Posted by tn2/welcome at 12:22 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 15 June 2004
Sidebar...
I finally had time to REDO my Website that i'm doing for my Job... and i found out theres an ANNOYING sidebar i cant seem to eliminate! What is going on! i don't want it there! I am doing this website for FREE and i am NOT paying money to get rid of it... i'm thinking of just finding an other webhost place because all my visiters are going to say are ADS!

Posted by ny5/mounted at 8:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Topic: News
Today, the Angelfire team has released an update to the "similar sites" sidebar which should resolve a large number of the technical issues that users and visitors are reporting.

1. Browsers such as Slimbrowser, Juno, SBC Yahoo! and other third party browsers should once again be able to visit Angelfire member pages without a problem. There will be a brief "flicker" of the sidebar opening, but then the proper page should be displayed.
2. Browser-embedded chat software like "Excite Super Chat" should once again allow members to visit and chat about Angelfire sites.
3. A big where the sidebar would not show properly on blog member pages has been fixed.
4. Other various smaller bug have also been fixed.

If you see any problem with this release or if there are any other browsers which are unable to visit Angelfire, please respond in this thread with more information.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 4:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Need some help
Mood:  quizzical
Well, not sure if this is an HTML question or not, but recently, my site has begun to have problems. For one, the page will load the go white...I don't understand why as I just recently updated the site. I checked and everything seems to be in order so I can't figure it out. Any help would be most appreciated.

Posted by anime5/bgc2040rpg at 11:53 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Need some help
I have a bit of a problem. Up to a few days ago, my site was fine. Then when I go to check it today, the page loads then goes white. What is going on?? Has anyone had trouble like this before. I checked and everything is still there, but for some reason, it won't load right. Any Help would be most welcome.

Posted by anime5/bgc2040rpg at 11:50 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Oh boy, another question
Mood:  accident prone
Umm...I am trying to use the "link.htc" in my site. When I go to the page the "link.htc" is not showing up. Does Angelfire not support this, or am I just doing something wrong. I am currently using Angelfire's Neon plan. If I can get the site to work then I will upgrade to the next level, but if it won't then I might decide to change sites.

Please help.

Thanks,
Hev

Posted by Hev at 4:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
PHP ?
Does anybody know if any of the Angelfire plans support PHP? I want to learn how to use PHP, but if Angelfire doesn't support it then I am not going to leard it right now.

Thanks

Posted by Hev at 3:40 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 14 June 2004
mike
Mood:  don't ask
Topic: News
i recently bought a web address but then found out i had to use them as my web server, this is not practical and i cant cancel the order
they suggest transfering the dns server settings to them so i can use the new name
does anybody know if this is possible, it looks to me that it might not be

Posted by folk/treefrogs at 10:47 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 13 June 2004
Upgraded to Argon, now Images don't display
Topic: Image Questions
Hello I have been using Angelfire's free service for several years now. I've had no problems. However, all the ads have really gotten annoying, so I upgraded to Argon. I received my own domain, which sounded nice, some POP e mail accounts which sounded nice, and NO ADS! Well, the ads went away immediately and it took a bit before my domain name actually brought up my site. BUT, now none of my images show. I just have red X's. If I go to the longer URL (old address), everything is just fine, pictures and all. I tried renaming the images subdirectory and that didn't work either. Also, the e mail forwarding and POP e mail does not work. I wrote to Angelfire about this but have not yet heard anything. So, if anyone can help me with any of my problems, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Posted by ab/acwinston at 10:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
blocked out
I recently upgraded to Neon to eliminate the sidebar. Now, several former students trying to access the page from the University of Arizona library tell me that they cannot get it. Any ideas as to why?

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 10:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
no side bar with netscape "GREAT"
can anyone help me as I use explorer for my browser in the chat rooms and I am gettin sick and tired of emails with people complaining that they cant use my pages in chat because all that shows up is the stupid side bar, and I get my mail using netscape so I just tried typing in one of my pages in netscape and guess what? no damn side bar even shows up in netscape and my pages "all of them play just great" so can anyone tell me what netscape has diff from explorer that the damn stupid side bar doesnt even show up then maybe I could delete it from my explorer browser so I can enjoy my pages again,,, ty and have a nice day

Posted by oh5/gto1966 at 1:30 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
"Bait and Wait or Wait and Bait?
Topic: FrontPage
I am really furious about this sidebar that has suddenly appeared when one should wisely adhere to the age-old dogma "If it ain't broke dont fix". I believe that we in the shadow of this eclipse are taken for fools. I am sure the sidebar phenom arose by some Geek who , desperate to enhance him/herself at angelfire's corporate ladder, introduced it as " a source for more visitors or ads" but it will surely backfire based on what I am reading. I used to have faith with the angelfire crew until this "Symptom of rudimentary Monopoly" appeared as something called sidebar. I am compelled to call it ProstituteBar but whether it is a "Bait and Wait" or "Wait and Bait" type I am not sure and I wouldn't vouch for either of the two evils either! I can not even add information to my list anymore by editing my webpage ..can't even see my webpage either! Is this some kind of 21st century joke??? Someone please do something!!!

BG

Posted by ga2/ethiopia at 12:45 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 12 June 2004

Can anyone help me with putting the " = a" symbol (in the picture) a little bit higher, it should be just between where it is now and the top.
The HTML-Code is:
Thank you for your time.
(I've taken away some "<" and ">" otherwise you can't see the code without "view source")
table border="0">
table border="0">
tbody>
tr>
td> td>1td>td valign="middle" rowspan="3" colspan="3">=td valign="middle" rowspan="3" colspan="1">a/tr>
tr>
td rowspan="1" colspan="3" height="2%" valign="middle"
hr width="100%" size="1" noshade="noshade" color="black">/tr>
tr>
td> td>table border="0"
tbody>
tr>
td>1/tr>
tr>
td rowspan="1" colspan="3" height="2%" valign="middle"
hr width="100%" size="1" noshade="noshade" color="black">/tr>
tr>
td>a
/tr>
/tbody>
/table>
/td>
/tr>
/tbody>

Posted by theforce/myspip at 6:14 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Banner Ads
Why is it that when I add a new page the banner add that normally appears at the bottom, is now at the top obscuring part of my page???

Posted by cantina/trotters at 3:53 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
sidebar total eclipse
Mood:  incredulous
Topic: FrontPage
What the heavens is going on with the sidebar introduction???? I can not see the web page and I am getting a list of websites that I can not even open and view, let alone my own site.
I thought I had the only problem on this XP computer I am working but at my work it seems to be working fine..whatever it is there is a bug that is not affecting certain computers. I addressed my problem but they are saying it works fine..the problem still persists.

Gabriel

Posted by ga2/ethiopia at 3:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 11 June 2004
side bar
Mood:  party time!
I think Angelfire is missing the boat here. look at all that wasted space with the use of sidebar! Since that page covers a whole site, they should put more addresses on it so the happy external visitors can really have fun wasting their time looking at each one. they sure aren't going to see anything on my site!

Posted by wa2/columbiaflywayshow at 3:45 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 10 June 2004
Side bar
I would also like to know why the sidebar covers my site? Do you realize you are costing us money for people not being able to view our sites?

Posted by ak5/embroidery at 8:49 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
get rid of the sidebar
Hello! Why isn't Angelfire responding to the numerous complaints about the sidebar? IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! Today I am using a different public computer at the library, and guess what! The sidebar covers up my entire page, and there is no way to close it out. I am being blocked from my own page. Do they realize just how many people use public computers, and have no choice of browsers? The whole idea of the World Wide Web was to make every page viewable to everyone. Angelfire has made all of their sites off-limits to a great many library and school computer users. By now, Angelfire should have realized that you can't squeeze money out of people if they can't visit your sites. In the end, Angelfire will be the big losers because no one will be able to visit any Angelfire sites, but no biggie...there won't be any Angelfire members left by then, anyways. They will lose advertisers, which will cause them to jack up their rates for upgraded accounts, which will cause them to lose paying customers, too. Their own greediness will destroy them. Obviously they just don't care....

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 6:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Ugrading account
Mood:  don't ask
I'm really upset. I have had my page on angelfire for a LONG time now. I was finally ready to upgrade to a package but when i get to the page that says membership it tells me "the member name is already in use choose an alias" but doesn't have any for me to chose or let me add one. It says every alias i put is taken.. so its obviously broken for some reason cause no offense but half the stuff i put NO ONE can have. So i write their "help" people and three days later no response.. Its like they are making it IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade. so i guess they don't want my money. I was REALLY not wanting to move my whole site just to upgrade to what i want to use but it looks like i might. ANyone know how to get past this STUPID membership page? (also i tried another account with angelfire and at the end it tells me my credit card number is wrong when it is obviously correct.... money anyone? cause apparently they don't want mine.)

Posted by tx5/peach at 12:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older