Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 13 June 2004
blocked out
I recently upgraded to Neon to eliminate the sidebar. Now, several former students trying to access the page from the University of Arizona library tell me that they cannot get it. Any ideas as to why?

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 10:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 10:41 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

may be they need to refresh the browser ( ie or netscape ) few time to get the update in their system, your page loaded fine with me in both IE and netscape

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 10:42 PM EDT

Name:

Just move to geocities..angelfire seems to be screwing all pages with this damn sidbar!!

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 10:57 PM EDT

Name: cw

Don't be a weasel. At least have the courage to sign your name.

READ the original post. It's an upgraded account. This has nothing to do with sidebar

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 11:25 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

The page is loading fine for me, also. There's no reason that the account should have worked before, but doesn't appear for someone after an upgrade. All an upgrade does is REMOVE the extra crap and logic to make the page serve more cleanly.

If this is still a problem tomorrow, post a note here and we can try and trace it. Are they able to view other Angelfire accounts?

JP

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 11:27 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

Don't knock weasels-- some of my best friends are weasels.

Well... ferrets, actually. But close enough.

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 12:14 AM EDT

My humble apologies to your friends :)

poster's site loads fine here, too.

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 12:31 AM EDT

PS- A way is still needed to ferret out these anonymous posters :)

Wednesday, 16 June 2004 - 7:07 PM EDT

Name: stacy haines
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/az3/goladyjags

thanks, jp. all but one can get the page now (and it comes up fine for me). I'm not sure what computer she's using -- i'll try to find out (she's a french canadian athlete, kinda vague on such matters). i know my own school district has all angelfire pages blocked (personal pages), but they unblocked mine at my request, since it's a team page. That might be the case with the machine she's using at the university.

Another question - off the subject. Am I able to use a software such as thumbsplus on my site to make my photos load faster?

Friday, 18 June 2004 - 8:41 AM EDT

Name:

problem solved. the server in the athlete's study hall blocks personal pages, probably for good reason. she used the library computer and the page came up fine.

View Latest Entries