Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 30 July 2004
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: laksdfklasdf
ok.... i just got a website on angelfire like 3 days ago and i am trying to figure it out and having some trouble. i made one main HTML web page and it works fine (the one that you start out with that is called "index.html").
then i made another one (on the same username) and i have no idea how to make it so that you can have both of them on the same site.
this sounds confusing but if you know what i am talking about please post it our email me and let me know because i really want to know how to do this!!!!!
my email is needalittlehelp@hotmail.com
thanks

Posted by un/gobobcats at 11:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
images not showing....?
Mood:  d'oh
Topic: Image Questions
i've had my images for a while now (1 year) and all of a sudden they aren't showing up even though they are in the correct folder and the link is right.
all that shows up is a angelfire logo??

what's up with this?

Posted by oz/mr.pbody at 6:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
POP 3 EMAIL!!
i can't get the pop 3 email to connect to the angelfire server. my email is definitely my username becuause it says. i know this is correct, as is the password. it sends mail but jst wont receive it. i know the details are entered correctly. have i done something rong? someone please help i need this to work desperately.

settings:

Name:

username: richard@neptunerain.com
email: richard@neptunerain.com
password: "my password"
in server: domains.lycos.com
out server: smtp.lycos.com

anythin rong?

Posted by band2/neptunerainmusic at 2:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 29 July 2004
Private
Does anyone know if it is possible to make your website private, like so someone has to enter a password to see it?

Posted by pq2/heathercd at 11:36 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
website disappeared
Mood:  incredulous
our group's website at angelfire - which was up for years - was suddenly taken down without any warning.

this website served a local community with outreach and we would like to get it back up as soon as possible.

where do i begin the process to find out why?

alex hirka
both sides now

please respond to: obladida@adelphia.net

Posted by vt/alexigloo at 8:51 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Thursday, 29 July 2004 8:50 AM EDT
Wednesday, 28 July 2004
Image links no longer display
Topic: HTML Questions
My web page has functioned on this site for years. Something has changed that made my image links no longer display. When my page displays, the titles of the links appear but not the actual link or link title. If I mouse over the spot where the link is, the cursor changes to a hand indicating the link is there. If I click it, the title and the link magically appear. Here is a sample of one of the links. My web page is below this example. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

ZR-1 Style Targa Mufflers 1

https://www.angelfire.com/hi/nicecorvette

Posted by hi/nicecorvette at 11:24 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
a question
I would like to know the easiest way to get all my files off angelfire, on to my computer to facilitate a large-scale overhaul. The help doesn't have any information, and the webshell doesn't have a button for reverse upload.

Posted by hi2/inspectedby40 at 3:11 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 27 July 2004
Images Previously Remote-Linked Now Not Loading
I had previously used Angelfire as an image host for my LIvejournal website. Eventually, all the images I had remote-linked turned into Angelfire logos. I checked the Angelfire website and learned the remote linking was not allowed.
Now, when I go to use one of the images that I had remote-linked (which are now Angelfire Image Roadblock icons in the archives of my Livejournal) , I cannot use them locally in my Angelfire website. When I attempt to code for the image in the customary way, and then view it, it appears again as the Angelfire "roadblock" image or as the usual red, boxed X.
How can I remedy this problem? To see the page with the problematic images, go to https://www.angelfire.com/ill/fey_seraph/lights.html/. Thanks so much,
Brandon

Posted by ill/fey_seraph at 7:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Executable File Blocks
Topic: News
The Angelfire Team has today released a software update to the site which disables the downloading of executable files directly through Angelfire free accounts. (That is, for example, .exe files and other files which can be run directly by your computer.) This is primarily to help protect Angelfire visitors from viruses, and also to prevent the spread of some AIM worms which link to Angelfire free accounts.

Members which need to provide .exe files for their visitors (such as downloadable software) are advised to either upgrade to an Angelfire premium plan or compress their applications using WinZip or a similar tool first. (Please don't just rename your file to get around the blocks, that sort of thing gets nailed by the automated abuse checks and your account may be removed.)

In addition to this change, some other fixes have also been incorporated into the site. The "MIME Types" list for what file extensions map to what types of files has been updated to include a number of new standard extensions and types. (It is possible that some existing files have changed types; if any existing sites have plugins which break, please respond to this post to let us know.)

And finally, the fix for Netscape 7.0 users which caused some Angelfire free sites to not appear has been resolved. (This was determined to be a bug in some versions of Netscape 7 which specific style sheet properties were used.)

If you see any problems with the site (especially with MIME type issues), please feel free to respond in this thread and I'll make sure your concerns get passed along to the right folks.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 2:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (19) | Permalink | Share This Post
Webpages are a blank on Netscape 7.0
Mood:  surprised
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/tn3/gskcinc/index.html
Good Morning! I have a friend that reports that when she goes to my site the pages disappear as sonn as they have loaded. She is using Netscape 7.0.
Does anyone know what is wrong?

Posted by tn3/gskcinc at 8:49 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 26 July 2004

Mood:  not sure
its too stupid but i'll ask ... now that i have an html file how can i post it in my webpage?...reply to chris _cesar@lycos.com..thanks!!!

Posted by rebellion2/lagers at 9:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  not sure
its too stupid but i'll ask ... now that i have an html file how can i post it in my webpage?...reply to chris _cesar@lycos.com..thanks!!!

Posted by rebellion2/lagers at 9:16 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
queen's pictures
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: moving
hi i have upload my stuff on to my webshell but what do i do to take it from the webshell to my home page am so losted ---plz help

Posted by anime6/www.queens.com at 2:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 22 July 2004
Help
Mood:  quizzical
I've just updated from free to KRYPTON service. I'm confused on how to build my site. The webshell that I was using is still showing my old angelfire account.By upgrading will get a new webshell to build a new site? I've emailed customer support, but they even confuse me more.I just need a set of steps or sequences to execute to get my new site up and running.

Posted by jazz/e_iray at 4:41 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 21 July 2004
HELP!!! :( this thingy is so mean!
Mood:  hug me
Now Playing: Perfect Circle
Hey guys. Ummm...can anyone help me on this? I just can't seem to get pictures NEXT TO text on my page. Even if I demand them to align on different sides of the page, the text insists on going above or below the picture :( I'm just trying to get Gil-galad's picture next to The Fall of Gil-galag! Please help! :( *pout pout*

Posted by rings/elvish_chanter at 7:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Member URLs
Mood:  quizzical
The Angelfire team is working on some future feature improvements to the site in the way we handle member URLs. Though we don't have a focus group or anything formal of that variety, there is some consideration being given to changing (at least for new members) the URLs that are used to visit a member's site. Since this is obviously a big area of concern for members, I thought I'd ask for some feedback and see how people think of the system.

Currently, Angelfire uses what could be called "numbered states" for member names and URLs. That is, your member name is likely to be "ma6/foobar" instead of something more natural to remember and your site address would be https://www.angelfire.com/ma6/foobar. Of coursem not all "states" are geography-based: we have 'pokemon', 'wizard', 'weird', and several dozen other topic sections for member names also.

Do you like that system?

One easy change that has been proposed is to eliminate the "numbers". So, new members could sign up again for "ma/foobar". If we did that, we could either continue to have the location and geography "states", or we could switch to just using one or the other.

Alternatively, we could do something more adventurous and have no states at all, similar to Tripod. New users would signup for "foobar" and would get the site address http://foobar.angelfire.com. In that case, we'd want to allow for some way for the current users to get the nicer names, but that may be quite difficult or impossible.

And, in addition to these, we're also considering a number of other possible changes. (Separating out the URL from the membername, for example. So your site name and your member name would not necessarily be similar.) In the end, the team may elect to do some of these things or something else entirely, but I'm curious about member opinion.

Do you like the current system? Do you like Tripod's better? How do you feel about the different possible alternatives? Any other way that you really wish things worked?

Thanks,

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 2:04 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 20 July 2004
Trouble with my images
I have my images uploaded on the website but I cant find out how to put them on my image page. Can anyone help?

Posted by sc3/lizstudleyphotograph at 9:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
cant move all of website
i have made a website for my gaming clan using frontpage including a phpbb forum but how can i upload the forum to angelfire and if i do upload it will i have to edit the original links to it in the index.htm?

Posted by rebellion2/rkdmain at 7:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 20 July 2004 7:10 PM EDT

I was under the impression that this annoying new "sidebar" thing was supposed to cut down on the number of ads on free sites, especially pop-up ads. an angelfire insider who posted to this blog made that very clear when everyone was complaining about it. so how come every page still has 5 imbedded ads and a pop-up, *in addition* to the sidebar? it's bad enough that site visitors have to close that sidebar on every page, but now they have pop-ups all over the place. come on! one or the other please!

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 5:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Help my poor link!
Can you help me get my link right? I keep retyping it, but it won't work!!!

Posted by weird2/weird-world at 11:14 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older