Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Monday, 5 July 2004
background help.
Mood:  down
I need help. I can make the background appear on my computer when I build it, but when I put it on angelfire it dissappears. How do I fix it?

Posted by folk/wonder-of-god at 11:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
upgrading
Mood:  rushed
Im going nuts here. I want to go from a neon account to the next level so i can have a domain name. When i get the membership section of the upgrade it asks me to choose/enter an alias.

Not only am i not sure whathat is, when i try to enter a name(current or new name) it says....

We Need More Information Below

Please complete entries labeled in red:
- - - - - -
? Someone has already chosen that Member Name. Please choose another Member Name below.

I tried like 20 names. It even says that right when i get to that section, before i enter anything in. Also there is no drop down box to select a name from so i am lost.
All i get is this......

* Please choose an Alias to use at Angelfire then click the "Sign Me Up"
button below.

https://www.angelfire.com//
Choose An Alias
Create your own:

the biggest problem is, i do not see a sign me up button. just the continue button at the bottom of the screen.

Also the live tech support doesnt seem to be working.
HELP ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Posted by ultra/moblife at 5:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Music
I am about to toss either the computer or my hands not sure which will come first
I am trying to upload a song to play my webpage is opened
I have the song uploaded and it plays when i click on it but I cannot figure for the life of me how to get it to the page.
Am willing to give my password out to someone that can get it up for me.
Thank you and please can someone help me

Posted by music6/cowboy_in_me at 5:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Domain Name questions
Mood:  a-ok
I don't know if anyone will have the answer to this, but I am being hopeful.

When you have the free domain name that Angelfire offers, is it completely free or is there a yearly charge on top of the monthly charge that you are billed on your charge card?

If anyone knows then I thank you in advance.
Hev

Posted by Hev at 3:50 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 4 July 2004
500 error
Mood:  on fire
can't login to the webshell, it gives me the 500. I can go to my account but not the webshell

Posted by dalleh at 7:27 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I sign up for the Fr,,,Free site
Thanks in advance.I just signed up and have entered my personal info and when I try to access the free website builder (Fr) I only get access to the pay sites.I am new to all of this and any help is appreciated...

Posted by retro2/gogoretro at 6:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Help somebody!!!
Mood:  d'oh
I am experiencing a problem I never had before. When my pages load in edit (preview), I have no problem. However when I am viewing them as others would view them, the page goes blank as soon as everything is loaded. That means you can only see what's there for a split second and it's gone and you can't follow the link to the next page or use any link on the page.

I have asked others if this happens to them, and they say no.

I have a Macintosh, and they have PCs. I use the MAC OS 10.

Posted by ny3/Ecstasy at 5:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 2 July 2004
HELP!
Mood:  not sure
I just started my site and I need help!!!! How do I add things to my site!?

Posted by anime5/animeplease at 1:43 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
I am new & need help!
Mood:  down
I am making a memery webpage for my brother that passed away. Can someone please tell me how to put all the pages I created together? It would mean a lot! Thank you! Nikki* Please e-mail me at westernangelbaby16@hotmail.com with any answers you may have to help me out!

Posted by hero2/dustinsmemory at 2:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 29 June 2004
Ads,images,layouts
Mood:  irritated
Topic: Image Questions
well i just got a layout 4 ma syte and everything is fine xcept this. My layout is a pop-up and well, Angelfire's ads are stuck in the middle scrolling along and u can barely see, no matter read, my content. Ive tried to center ma 'pic' or 'layout' which didnt work. I also tried a code 2 remove the ads, it worked once then appearded 2 becum inactive. HELP ME PPL PLZ!!!! have a look https://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/walkingindaydreams/

Posted by extreme4/walkingindaydreams at 10:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 29 June 2004 10:21 PM EDT
HELP
Mood:  spacey
Now Playing: NEED TO START A WICCA SCHOOL ON LINE
I am Priestess Edana and I want to start a online Wicca school. I can give people the info they need to do there studies. Only one problem, I don't know where to begin. Maybe if I had some students to teach then I could feel better. Please join my web site.

Posted by moon2/p_edana at 12:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 28 June 2004
html gear
Topic: HTML Questions
im tryin to get a poll on my site so i made 1 and copyed the code but i dunno where to put it. :(
please help me!

Posted by extreme4/venom2 at 3:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 26 June 2004
help
Mood:  blue
Now Playing: So many ads and pop-ups
I know that the trade off for a free site is going to be pop-ups or ads, but my site has so many angelfire ads, pop-ups and side bars that it is difficult to find the content in my site.

Am I doing something wrong? Please look at it and let me know. https://www.angelfire.com/biz/musicsale/

Posted by biz/musicsale at 10:24 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 25 June 2004
Help! PLEASE!
Mood:  lazy
Now Playing: huh?
how do you make a text area/ text box on your page? the second banner on (this is a domain redirect thingy) www.noodledoggie.tk is supposed to be a text box. To see what I want got to petpages.neopets.com/~NoodleDoggie that's where I had origianally made this site. PLEASE HELP!

Posted by dragon2/webbieonline at 10:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Side Search Banner Frame
Now Playing: What is the deal?
Where did these side search banner frames come from and HOW do I get rid of them. I can't even serf my own pages without closing them out everytime.

Posted by ga4/georgia_club at 3:25 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 24 June 2004
Just another newbie question :).
Mood:  not sure
Is there any way to allow tables to use multiple HTML documents the way frames do? Thank you, Shamar.

Posted by pro2/theguppymanofnyc at 9:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Hosting Video files
Mood:  happy
Topic: FrontPage
HI All,

Is there any tutorial, for hosting viedo files and create our own site. I appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks,
Raja..

Posted by crazy3/marri at 4:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Problem with web folder
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: FrontPage
Greetings,
I have opened the web folders to enable front page, but it doesn't say to add new folder. My version of Frontpage is 2000, so do you where another place it could be? If not, is there a place it can be downloaded? Thanks for listening. TTYL, laters.

From,
Anna Smith

Posted by az3/ship_persephone at 2:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 21 June 2004
linking domain name to Angelfire website
HI I recently registered a domain name with an Aussie IT company. I have now put my website up on Angelfire and am unsure how to link the domain name and the Angelfire website so that when someone types in the domain name the Angelfire website comes up. Can anyone help?

Posted by fang/baysidedogs at 4:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
shift an pressin on links to open MP3s
Mood:  quizzical
hi every1 keeps telling me that if i have a text link to an MP3 i can save it by pressing shift on the link. However all this appears to do is open a new window instantly for it to play in. i'm confused as holding shift just won;t open up a save window.

Posted by band2/neptunerainmusic at 3:59 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older