Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 20 July 2004
Trouble with my images
Topic: Image Questions
I have my images uploaded on the website but I cant find out how to put them on my image page. Can anyone help?

Posted by sc3/lizstudleyphotograph at 9:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
cant move all of website
Topic: HTML Questions
i have made a website for my gaming clan using frontpage including a phpbb forum but how can i upload the forum to angelfire and if i do upload it will i have to edit the original links to it in the index.htm?

Posted by rebellion2/rkdmain at 7:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 20 July 2004 7:10 PM EDT

Mood:  irritated
I was under the impression that this annoying new "sidebar" thing was supposed to cut down on the number of ads on free sites, especially pop-up ads. an angelfire insider who posted to this blog made that very clear when everyone was complaining about it. so how come every page still has 5 imbedded ads and a pop-up, *in addition* to the sidebar? it's bad enough that site visitors have to close that sidebar on every page, but now they have pop-ups all over the place. come on! one or the other please!

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 5:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Help my poor link!
Can you help me get my link right? I keep retyping it, but it won't work!!!

Posted by weird2/weird-world at 11:14 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 19 July 2004
HTML?powerpoint
Mood:  spacey
HELP!!!!!!! Is there any way to insert a powerpoint prest. into my website?

Posted by fl2/scha at 11:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Script for Shopping Cart
Hi,
Does anyone know a simple shopping cart script I could dump into my cgi-bin without lots of trouble? I've searched around the web, but now I'm really confused. I'd like to run a cart on my site and take checks or money orders only. (No connections to payment services.) I couldn't find one in the Angelfire script library.
Thank to all,
Karen

Posted by ca2/karenperry at 1:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 16 July 2004
Counter
I had a counter on my site, made some changes and now the counter shows counter error
I reposted the html code and it is still coming up error, suggestions please thanks

Posted by music6/cowboy_in_me at 5:41 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Music wav file!!!!!!
Mood:  don't ask
I got my WAV file uploaded to my directory.Now,How can i get it on my webpage???Step by step please.Its starting to get difficult and im losing it!!!!!AAAARRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Thanks:T

Posted by music6/ted_elvistribute at 5:09 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 15 July 2004
Uploading Front Page Site onto the Internet
OK...I'm new to the website building thing. Here's what I've done - I've created a website for my school organization with Front Page and saved. I have enabled FrontPage with Angelfire and uploaded all the files from my page onto the Angelfire web shell. When I click on my website link at the top of the webshell page I get a generic "home page" that has links to questions about Angelfire. Am I skipping a step? None of my pages are on the home page although it says it includes all my files. Please help - I need to get this website on the Internet!!

Posted by stars5/acei at 4:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
FRONTPAGE EXPRESS HELP
Topic: FrontPage
DOES THE ANGELFIRE WEB SHELL SUPPORT FRONTPAGE EXPRESS THE WAY IT DOES REGULAR FRONTPAGE 2000? IF SO DO YOU USE FTP OR HTTP??

Posted by biz/antiqueman at 3:17 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
running programs
Mood:  cool
Is there a way to run a program like real player on the website and let someone else that has visited it to play music from it? Or at least a way to run music on the web page?

Posted by rpg2/bigsniff at 2:27 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 14 July 2004
Where has my site content gone?!!
Hi,
I've just noted that whenever I try to browse to my website, (https://www.angelfire.com/trek/nz_usa/index.html)all I get is a blank screen that is the background colour and nothing else. I don't know how long this has been happening for, it was ok a couple of days ago.
Everything seems to be ok in the webshell.
Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know what's causing this?
I've sent a 'Help'form to Angelfire, but no reply as yet.
Cheers, Geo.

Posted by trek/nz_usa at 6:28 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 13 July 2004

Topic: Image Questions
I just now sarted and my pictures don't show up.
It's just a box with a red "X" in it.

My website

Posted by games5/takaru at 4:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Adding Images
How do you add images?

Posted by band2/brenda92056 at 3:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Adding Links
I am using one of the templates from angelfire
I am stuck in Advance which I am slowly figuring out
Question is, everytime I try to change the link address I still end up back at the angelfire site that is showing on the link, the one that comes with the template.
I put in the http//, and follow the rest of the steps, but it still reverts back to the angelfire page, which isnt a bad thing for angelfire, but really frustrating for me
Any help thanks

Posted by music6/cowboy_in_me at 8:49 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 12 July 2004
Karen's Sunshine Spot
I want to upgrade from a free service to one of Angelfire's paid plans. My problem is that I've been with Angelfire for around 8 years now and I'm linked from one end of the internet to the other via the prefix of www.angelfire.com before the rest of my address. I DON'T want to have all of the links that point to me be pointing to "nothing" because I take away the "angelfire" prefix in my URL. Is it possible to upgrade to get more bandwidth and no pop-up ads and keep my "now" URL. Please advise? Thank you so very much.
PS: I've written to angelfire many times over the years with various questions and they just send a form letter back and never answer my question so am coming to you all. Also, I sure wish they would provide a phone # when you're buying a subscription with them. I've had a website with a registered domain name with another company for many years and they do plus, I've seen tons of others that provide phone #'s... sure wish Anglefire did... just venting.... Thanks again, Karenann

Posted by wi/KarensPages at 7:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 11 July 2004

I didn't give enough information when I asked this before. I am trying to put a new background on my site. the Url is /mo/EmisWorld/blueandlavender.
the background is "blueandlavender.jpg". I have checked this every way I know. I even copied the code from the "source" on one of my pages that does work, and checked it against the code I have on "blueandlavender" and I still can't see the error. (Yes, I do know I have an error,and as is well known, you can't see your own mistakes.) help!help!

Posted by mo/EmisWorld at 9:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  don't ask
I have just uploaded some new backgrounds, but when I put them on the webpage, it appears empty. I know the html is correct for I simply deleted the name of one background, and typed in the name of the new background. The old background was alright, but the new one doesn't show. Any idea why?

Posted by mo/EmisWorld at 3:16 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
NEED BIG HELP!
When I go to publish content on my Angelfire page using Frontpage, my username and/or password aren't accepted! I can log onto the Angelfire.com homepage (ie, it accepts my longin name there), but then it wants me to make a new webpage, and doesn't acknowledge the one I've been using for years!

This is a HUGE problem -- I've already sent out my wedding invitations, listing my old Angelfire site as the place to look for my wedding plans, locations, hotels, et al! Has this big Angelfire upgrade affected access to older webpages? PLEASE HELP!

Andrew!

Posted by alt2/abbockho at 2:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 10 July 2004
wtf!!?!?!
Now Playing: no doubt - bathwater
alright . pretty much . how the hell do you link pages together. hmmm?? anyone help me!?!?!?!? please .i'll give you a dollar

Posted by scary/deadfreeq at 9:45 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older