Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 29 June 2004
Ads,images,layouts
Mood:  irritated
Topic: Image Questions
well i just got a layout 4 ma syte and everything is fine xcept this. My layout is a pop-up and well, Angelfire's ads are stuck in the middle scrolling along and u can barely see, no matter read, my content. Ive tried to center ma 'pic' or 'layout' which didnt work. I also tried a code 2 remove the ads, it worked once then appearded 2 becum inactive. HELP ME PPL PLZ!!!! have a look https://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/walkingindaydreams/

Posted by extreme4/walkingindaydreams at 10:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 29 June 2004 10:21 PM EDT
HELP
Mood:  spacey
Now Playing: NEED TO START A WICCA SCHOOL ON LINE
I am Priestess Edana and I want to start a online Wicca school. I can give people the info they need to do there studies. Only one problem, I don't know where to begin. Maybe if I had some students to teach then I could feel better. Please join my web site.

Posted by moon2/p_edana at 12:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 28 June 2004
html gear
Topic: HTML Questions
im tryin to get a poll on my site so i made 1 and copyed the code but i dunno where to put it. :(
please help me!

Posted by extreme4/venom2 at 3:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 26 June 2004
help
Mood:  blue
Now Playing: So many ads and pop-ups
I know that the trade off for a free site is going to be pop-ups or ads, but my site has so many angelfire ads, pop-ups and side bars that it is difficult to find the content in my site.

Am I doing something wrong? Please look at it and let me know. https://www.angelfire.com/biz/musicsale/

Posted by biz/musicsale at 10:24 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 25 June 2004
Help! PLEASE!
Mood:  lazy
Now Playing: huh?
how do you make a text area/ text box on your page? the second banner on (this is a domain redirect thingy) www.noodledoggie.tk is supposed to be a text box. To see what I want got to petpages.neopets.com/~NoodleDoggie that's where I had origianally made this site. PLEASE HELP!

Posted by dragon2/webbieonline at 10:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Side Search Banner Frame
Now Playing: What is the deal?
Where did these side search banner frames come from and HOW do I get rid of them. I can't even serf my own pages without closing them out everytime.

Posted by ga4/georgia_club at 3:25 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 24 June 2004
Just another newbie question :).
Mood:  not sure
Is there any way to allow tables to use multiple HTML documents the way frames do? Thank you, Shamar.

Posted by pro2/theguppymanofnyc at 9:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Hosting Video files
Mood:  happy
Topic: FrontPage
HI All,

Is there any tutorial, for hosting viedo files and create our own site. I appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks,
Raja..

Posted by crazy3/marri at 4:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Problem with web folder
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: FrontPage
Greetings,
I have opened the web folders to enable front page, but it doesn't say to add new folder. My version of Frontpage is 2000, so do you where another place it could be? If not, is there a place it can be downloaded? Thanks for listening. TTYL, laters.

From,
Anna Smith

Posted by az3/ship_persephone at 2:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 21 June 2004
linking domain name to Angelfire website
HI I recently registered a domain name with an Aussie IT company. I have now put my website up on Angelfire and am unsure how to link the domain name and the Angelfire website so that when someone types in the domain name the Angelfire website comes up. Can anyone help?

Posted by fang/baysidedogs at 4:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
shift an pressin on links to open MP3s
Mood:  quizzical
hi every1 keeps telling me that if i have a text link to an MP3 i can save it by pressing shift on the link. However all this appears to do is open a new window instantly for it to play in. i'm confused as holding shift just won;t open up a save window.

Posted by band2/neptunerainmusic at 3:59 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 20 June 2004
Desperate for an answer... deleted file on angelfire.
Mood:  sad
Hi Everyone, I really need help with this question! I had a photo on my website at Angelfire and I deleted it and replaced it with a different picture. The deleted photo was of my sons cat. I desperately need the photo back! Is there a way to retrieve a deleted file from Angelfire. I also deleted it from my PC and then from my recycle bin. I have no restore file programs to get it back. My son is in Hanau, Germany in the military. The photos were the only existing ones. I thought I could make more when I deleted them from my PC a few days ago... but my sons cat was killed this morn. Please help, I'm a desperate MOM.

Thanks Yaya

Posted by moon2/yaya at 6:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Mp3s
hi someone posted earlier about how if you tell the webpage visitor to press shift on the link to an mp3, when you press it, that would normally play in a browser you can save the mp3. i couldn;t get this to work. could someone please explain how an mp3 which i can normally only get to play in the browser can be downloaded or saved to someone's computer.

thanks

Posted by band2/neptunerainmusic at 11:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Domains
Now Playing: Contraband
hi does any one no how long it takes for a newly purchased domain name on one of angelfire's packages to to work properly. i purchased one about 12 hours ago but when i go on other domain registering sites and type the one i've bought in, it appears available!!!!!!!!!

help

Posted by band2/neptunerainmusic at 3:17 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I change ad to pop up?
I'm using frames so I need to have pop-ups instead of inline ads. How do I change it? Why is angelfire so $%##$ secretive on how to change it?

Posted by theforce/real_estate at 12:04 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I change ad to pop up?
I'm using frames so I need to have pop-ups instead of inlane ads. How do I change it? Why is angelfire so secretive on how to change it?

Posted by theforce/real_estate at 12:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 19 June 2004
TO extreme4/s_shaw
TO extreme4/s_shaw .... Your entire entry was scrollibng and unreadable so I deleted it. Reposted below.....

..... ok. i need some help! i made a blog and now its set to my homepage!! how do i change it to where my real homepage will show up and my blog is just a link? this is so frustrating!! if u want to vist my site go to: www.angelfire.com/extreme4/s_shaw leave a message in the guestbook or u can post an answer on here. please please please!

Posted by CW at 9:37 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Mp3 files on site
hi i've managed to put an mp3 link in my site and when you click it it loads up a quicktime player and plays in the browser. how do i get it so that someone can actually download this mp3 file to their computer?

cheers

Posted by band2/neptunerainmusic at 3:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Image Hosting
My url: http://www.marauders-map.org > http://pianogenius.proboards21.com

I've been using angelfire to host all of my board images for over a year now. All of a sudden, about a month or two ago, all the images that were hosted using angelfire disappeared and were replaced by the box "This Image Hosted by Angelfire". Did angelfire stop supporting outside hosting, and if not, what happened??? I need an answer ASAP please. Thanks!

Posted by magic/hpworld at 3:45 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
MP3 music files
Doesn't Angelfire support MP3 files? None of my sound/music files are working. I especially upgraded my account to have the room for my music files - have I wasted my money?

Posted by realm2/gslworship at 1:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older