Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 20 June 2004
Domains
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: Contraband
hi does any one no how long it takes for a newly purchased domain name on one of angelfire's packages to to work properly. i purchased one about 12 hours ago but when i go on other domain registering sites and type the one i've bought in, it appears available!!!!!!!!!

help

Posted by band2/neptunerainmusic at 3:17 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 20 June 2004 - 10:51 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

It takes up to 72 hours, but don't worry-- no one else will be able to (successfully) buy your domain name during that time. This time delay is due to limitations in the way the internet domain name system works and the way newly created domains propagate through the global system, and not an issue specific to Angelfire or Register.com.

JP

Sunday, 20 June 2004 - 11:11 AM EDT

Name:

alrite thanks mate

Saturday, 26 June 2004 - 10:47 PM EDT

Name: Julie
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/art2/dorothygrinnell

Thank you so much for asking that question...I was having the same dilema and boy was I frantic because I made the site for my father-in-law's wife LOL. Need to stay on her good side yanno. So I was very relieved to know there wasnt a problem, and also that I wasnt the only one out there who was confused.

View Latest Entries