Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Thursday, 3 June 2004
Help with email link
Mood:  down
i am trying to put a questionnaire for my customers to fill out and then email to me but i can not figure out how to get the questionnare to be sent to me. please help me...
-llfloral@yahoo.com

Posted by tx6/llfloral at 11:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
horrible sidebar
Mood:  irritated
This sidebar thingy is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Not only is it annoying, it doesn't even work! The top link, which should be my current page, goes to an Angelfire "error" page saying my site doesn't exist...but of course it does! And the other links that pop up are totally inappropriate: "how to make a bong," "how to make a silencer" and so on. Nothing that has ANYTHING to do with my page! I pride myself on making a site that is all-ages friendly, and I don't appreciate having these unwanted and totally "unfriendly" links popping up without my consent. Get rid of this sidebar.

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 10:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Midi Playing on the Site
Topic: HTML Questions
Okay, I checked the HTML Basics page and looked up the question involving using MIDI files on a site. Okay, so I see that it shows only the Crescendo coding and the Netscape ones. Alright, so I went to the site to download Crescendo and have sadly found out that it no longer exists.

...Now what? I spent three hours today deciding a wonderful song for every page of my site, and I can't even put them on because Crescendo doesn't exist anymore!

I am in extreme need of help. All who have music playing in the background on your sites...please help me!

Sincerely,

Bianka (webmistress of the not-yet-completed Final Fantasy Bastion ).

Posted by rpg2/finalfantasybastion at 7:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
I want this side bar removed
PLEASE can anyone tell me how to remove this side bar for good, I view my pages in browser I can click off the side bar by clicking on the X , but myself and my friends use my pages to listen to my music in chat rooms in excite and all that shows up in the chat rooms is part of the side bar and not enough of it to show the X to git rid of this stupid side bar so we cant listen to my music or see the page, if angelfire wants us that just use the free space to leave angelfire , why dont they say we dont want you people then we can leave , if I cant remove this side bar to view my pages in chat rooms then I will probably have to move my pages to geocities or another site, PLEASE can anyone tell me if it is possible to remove this STUPID side bar completely, ty and have a nice day.

Posted by oh5/gto1966 at 5:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
sidebar nightmare
I cannot get to my angelfire website because I keep getting redirected to a sidebar -- this is evidently a juno problem because angelfire wrote back that they had no trouble logging in to my page. Any ideas?

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 4:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
angelfire hacked
Mood:  don't ask
Now Playing: hacked
Topic: News
Hello angelfire users..
I am posting due to malicious cracking that has been goin on with one of my sites..(not current account bloggin under) anyway.. has anyone else had problems with their site being hacked? I have bravenet and it logged the ip that cracked the webshell, the url is different though, looking like https://www.angelfire.lycos.com/cgi-auth/webshell?currentDir=&breadCRUMB=1
instead of ending in just webshell.. has anyone been compromised like this? if not.. KNOW that there is a gaping security hole in angelfire.. back up your sh1t before it gets whiped...help if you can.
thank you

Posted by goth2/araboth at 6:50 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 2 June 2004
hey can someone help me???
Mood:  not sure
how do you get the banner ads on the pages to change into pop-ups instead? the banner ad is screwing up my layout...if anyone knows, please comment!!

Posted by dragon2/hpguild0 at 7:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
New Angelfire "Similar Sites" Sidebar
Angelfire has launched a new feature on free member pages, a "similar sites" sidebar. This sidebar, which only pops up in Internet Explorer, gives visitors to Angelfire free sites links to other sites (both on Angelfire and Tripod) which contain similar information. The intent is to provide visitors with more options, if they are unable to find the information they are looking for on the first site they go to.

This is an improved version over what was launched on Tripod last month and there should be fewer problems as a result. There are still cases where some uncommon browsers, such as SBC Yahoo! or Juno's custom version, have difficulty browsing pages. We are still working on those issues and hope to have them resolved soon. (If you are a JavaScript wizard and are interested in helping out, you can respond to this post.)

In conjunction with this release, we have also recently decreased the number of popups and popunders which are displayed when visiting free sites. We have also worked to eliminate ads that prompt you to download software and other ads which were unfriendly. You will still see popup ads when browsing free pages, but we hope that the annoyance factor has been dialed down somewhat.

If you have any problems with your site or the sidebar as a result of the release, please post your responses here.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 1:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (15) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 1 June 2004
deleting my page to start over
Mood:  chillin'
Now Playing: tv in the background
ok, so my whole site is basically devoted to me and the guy that I just broke up with. I want to delete everything and start over. How do I do this?

Posted by crazy2/k_kesling at 1:27 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
PLS HELP ME!!!
Mood:  on fire
If you have a form like this, how can you check what they had answered (I know that it will be sent to abc.asp).

I have a bike:

I have a car:

Posted by theforce/myspip at 12:16 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 30 May 2004
email changed - how do I update on my small hompage?
I have a small web page through angelfire and I just changed email addresses. I updated this information in my angelfire account, but I just checked my homepage and the email link still has my old email address. I can't see a way to change it on the web shell.....will eventually be updated automatically on my page or is there something else I shoud do. Thanks for any help.

Posted by blues2/recordcollections at 7:32 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 29 May 2004
Someone Know how to make certain images ''Copyright'' on my angelfire page ?
Mood:  mischievious
Topic: Image Questions
I dont know alot about page buiding but....a few days ago I was thinking of making some of my pic on my site ike ''Copyright'' like.....nobody can download them from the site (cannot click and save...)

If someone can tell me how to do that....I would be really happy :P
Thx

immortalmarius@hotmail.com

Posted by vamp/marius at 12:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 28 May 2004
Angelfire Email Shutdown
"Angelfire Email" is being shut down next week. This was a very, very old cobrand of Lycos Mail (previously Mailcity) which has not allowed new signups in two years. Members that use the service have already been notified via email several weeks ago, but we felt that it was appropiate to post about it here just in case.

Users of Angelfire Email are encouraged to either signup for a Free Account at Lycos Mail (mail.lycos.com) or they can use Angelfire's own premium email services which are available in many of our for-pay packages. (Note that Angelfire doesn't currently offer an easy web interface for its mail offerings, you are expected to use MS Outlook, Netscape, Eudora, or a similar offline mail tool.)

As a bit a humorous (to me) side note, with this shutdown also goes the most misguided attempt at cobranding site URLs I'd ever seen. The old URL for the site used to be: email.angelfire.mailcity.lycos.com. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it? :)

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 4:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Trying to learn about e-mailable forms
I tried using the Angelfire cgi script and I got part of it to work - I can e-mail a form, but only the first two fields work - name and e-mail. I used radio buttons and other form inserts that I put in using Dreamweaver MX. However, nothing below the first two fields is showing up when I get the e-mail. I was going to post the code I'm using but it tries to make a form on my post. See this page for my code: https://www.angelfire.com/tx/beautifulsavior/code.htm -- maybe someone can spot something that I can fix.
Thanks.
Marty

Posted by tx/beautifulsavior at 3:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 27 May 2004
To ill/cliff101
don't push it,

Posted by dalleh at 8:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Using images as Backgrounds
Mood:  a-ok
I just recieved a question from Katie asking how to use a file as your web page Background.

There is only one way to accomplish this task. If you are using Angelfire's basic editor, it doesn't give you the option of choosing an image, so what you have to do is use the advanced editor. When you are in the Advanced editor, scroll down. You should see a line that shows <body bgcolor="" text="">. Change the part bgcolor to background, and in the quotes after the = sign, put the url of the image(e.g. http://angelfire.com/user/name/file.jpg).

Posted by ill/cliff101 at 4:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Background
Now Playing: yea
Topic: Image Questions
I was just wondering how to put a background on my page that I have in my files. I've tried it before but it just wouldn't work. Please help.

Posted by al4/kay-teespage at 12:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 25 May 2004
move current guestbook to another account

is it possible to do this with the same date as the entries were in the guestbook?

Posted by wrestling3/jman_22 at 2:48 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Domain Problems(how do I get it to work?)
Mood:  d'oh
I can't seem to get the Domain address to work. my address is www.thescorpionlair.com and that just goes to an angelfire error page. There has been some progress, the first few days, it came up as a generic 404 error page. But I can't seem to get the domain name to work. any help appreciated. you can also email me @ scorpion85@hotmail.com.

thanks in advance!
clint b.

Posted by Clint at 12:59 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 24 May 2004
Pls, HELP ME!!!
Mood:  don't ask
Does anyone know how to create matrices or determinants (see pic.)

Posted by theforce/myspip at 12:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older