Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Thursday, 3 June 2004
Midi Playing on the Site
Topic: HTML Questions
Okay, I checked the HTML Basics page and looked up the question involving using MIDI files on a site. Okay, so I see that it shows only the Crescendo coding and the Netscape ones. Alright, so I went to the site to download Crescendo and have sadly found out that it no longer exists.

...Now what? I spent three hours today deciding a wonderful song for every page of my site, and I can't even put them on because Crescendo doesn't exist anymore!

I am in extreme need of help. All who have music playing in the background on your sites...please help me!

Sincerely,

Bianka (webmistress of the not-yet-completed Final Fantasy Bastion ).

Posted by rpg2/finalfantasybastion at 7:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 3 June 2004 - 8:31 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

Here is a script that works good. this code is set to autoplay(true)hides the player(true)it loops(true) you can change these variables to false it you want the oposite..

in this code you need to change the embed source area (use the url link to your midi file there....)
Hope this helps

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
if (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") {
document.write('<embed src=http://your_file _name.mid autostart=true hidden=true volume=100 width=100 height=60 loop=true>');
}
if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") {
document.write('<embed src="http://4pkruger.com/QueSeraSera.mid" loop=true width=100 height=60>');
}
// End -->
</script>

Thursday, 3 June 2004 - 8:42 PM EDT

Name: dalleh
Home Page: http://www.dalleh.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Forms;

look here for a script
http://www.dalleh.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Forms;action=display;num=1082344306

Thursday, 3 June 2004 - 8:43 PM EDT

Name: re: mamagoo

notice the embed source has two areas to change under the netscape area and the internet explorer area...I didn't want you to miss that so change it to your url in these area's..ok...

Thursday, 3 June 2004 - 10:09 PM EDT

dalleh,
actually yours is better because it is scripted for all browsers. However I have been trying to change the script for the player to view and it doesn't
what am I doing wrong...to I have to change the variables in more then one place?....

document.write("HIDDEN=false width=100 height=60

Friday, 4 June 2004 - 11:04 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

just delete HIDDEN=true

document.write("VOLUME=100 LOOP=TRUE width=100 height=60

Saturday, 5 June 2004 - 12:39 AM EDT

Name: Bianka

Thank you so much for your help! It's grately appreciated!

Saturday, 5 June 2004 - 11:54 AM EDT

Bianka I went to grab the code today from dalleh's message board and I found your message....

Q: "When putting in that code, do I take out the parentheses?"

A: no... absolutely not leave the code as is except for changing the sound.mid to yours

Yes... you have to upload the music file to your angelfire
main directory so it to points to it the way it is written here. because this is background sound you can put the code somewhere just before the </head> tag and below the meta content

("<EMBED SRC=Liberi_Fatali.mid
AUTOSTART=TRUE ");

("<BGSOUND SRC=Liberi_Fatali.mid
LOOP=INFINITE>");

Friday, 25 June 2004 - 3:37 AM EDT

Name: judy

where do u put this code...cuz i uploaded the music to my files but it won't play...and it is also an mp3 instead of a mid..it that okay?!?!....please help!

View Latest Entries