Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 25 May 2004
move current guestbook to another account
Mood:  not sure
Topic: HTML Questions

is it possible to do this with the same date as the entries were in the guestbook?

Posted by wrestling3/jman_22 at 2:48 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 25 May 2004 - 10:27 AM EDT

Name: dalleh

Which guest book are you using, if it is the gear guest book Just add the links ( view and sign ) to the new account, you don't have to change anything,

Tuesday, 25 May 2004 - 11:59 AM EDT

Name: jman 22
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/tn2/welcome

i moved it from tn2/welcome to wrestling3/jman_22 but i don't really have nothing on this account i did this because the guestbook part wasn't working i would like to put it back on tn2/welcome i tired it once dates were all wrong in the entries

Tuesday, 25 May 2004 - 4:32 PM EDT

I just signed the guest book it gave the right date, the book is not on angelfire or your site so doesn't matter where you put the links to it will stay the same.

If you want to change the link back to the site from the guest book go to htmlgear and look in the guest book proprties to change the link. or click on manage the guestbook.

My kind of music on your site, creed, metallica, etc..

Tuesday, 25 May 2004 - 7:29 PM EDT

Name: jman22

no you don't get it i had my guestbook on tn2/welcome and and it didn't work i copy everything in it to wrestling3/jman_22 (don't know i did this)then i deleted the guestbook now if i were to make a new guestbook in tn2/welcome but want to transfer everything on the other guestbook to the new guestbook without the entries being today's how do i this?

Tuesday, 25 May 2004 - 9:32 PM EDT

try this
save the old guest book to your hard drive,
create a new guest book in the new account using the same exact file names (.txt) of the old guest book. when everything work fine.

upload the old saved file to overwrite the new one.

Wednesday, 26 May 2004 - 1:57 AM EDT

Name: jman22

ok i made a new guestbook in tn2/welcome no entries are in it question when you said save old guestbook on hard drive do you mean the code of the guestbook? i'm very confused by what you said

Wednesday, 26 May 2004 - 10:24 AM EDT

Name: doodle

Every GB has a unique ID number. That ID number will be in the GB code you're given so that particular book can be reached from its link. Sounds like you signed up for a whole new GB so of course it won't have any entries since it's an entirely different GB than the other one. I don't think you can combine 2 different GBs into one which is what I *think* you're asking.

If you want to keep the old 'GB' entries you can do as dalleh suggests and copy all the text entries in it to add as a text file to your page... but it may not look the same as the original. Nor will visitors be able to sign it. If you want to use the old GB 'as is' you'll need the code for it's link that you were originally given... assuming you haven't deleted the original GB' from the server that hosts it.

hope this helps and doesn't add to your confusion :).

Wednesday, 26 May 2004 - 3:05 PM EDT

Name: jman 22

nah it will be all right i just leave it like it is

View Latest Entries