Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Monday, 17 May 2004
Banner in middle of page
Mood:  irritated
OK this banner in the middle of my page is TOTALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES!!! I had some of my firends come to my site and they were saying how they couldn't read anything on it, so I went myself and BAM the huge banner is smack dab in the middle of a crapload of text. FIX IT NOW!!!

Posted by hero/dantheman1 at 10:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Banners in the middle of my page
I see that there are quiet a few others here who are having the same problem as I am. I mean what the hell is up with the ads showing up on the center of the page. It is going right through my links and my images on all pages. This just sucks because the ads on the pages are bad enough. I would much rather have pop ups, but oh well I do not have the right anymore. Well any way I hope this problem is fixed soon, because I do not feel like moving my page again, and I do not that the money to pay to get the ads off my page.

Posted by Brandy at 9:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post

i have gave it a little wile i thaugh maby you would fix the dam problem but no you still have not fixed the problem with the dam ads and i am very mad about this i dont mind ads but thay are right in the middle of all my pages and this is not what i was lookin forword to since i was told you were one of the best hosts on the web so i realy am mad at this hole thing i dont care what is rong just FIX IT

Posted by mech/cobra1 at 9:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Same here
Yeah, I have the same problem as you guys. A banner ad keeps showing up in the middle of my pages, and it's getting really irritating. The ads used to display on the top and bottom of each page, and it was fine like that. Who can we contact regarding this problem?

Posted by hero/onehitwonder at 8:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
il3, Me too
yes, a banner ad that doesn't even have a "close" button is splashing itself all over my pages, no way to close them so they are the ultimate in bad netizenship. Is there an angelfire tech support email to contact? I don't mind ads, they come with the territory, but this is thoroughly obnoxious..

Posted by art2/americandream at 8:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Monday, 17 May 2004 8:20 PM EDT

Now Playing: banner ad part 2
actually, the banner ad isn't going away AT ALL with each refresh. it's completely covering up text, images, and links, and there's no way to move it. PLEASE PLEASE tell the people who program these ads to FIX IT!!!! it's ruining a page that I work very hard on and that other people depend on.

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 6:12 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post

Now Playing: banner ad
help! a big old banner ad (the one that is probably supposed to be at the bottom of the page) is appearing right in the middle of my page, covering up my text and images! 2 or 3 'refreshes' will make it go away, but when I return to the page it is there again, covering up my page's content. I know that writing to 'customer service' won't do any good, so I appeal to the people here....please communicate with the powers that be, and have them fix this error so the ad appears where it should be, and isn't covering up website content. (by the way, I've seen it on other Angelfire sites, too, so the problem isn't with my page)

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 6:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
How to make symbols???
Mood:  rushed
Topic: HTML Questions
Do someone now where to get the HTML codes to some symbols, with symbols I mean symbol you can copy and paste from i.e. Word.
Because sometimes the symbols turn themselves into iI, iY. I know some codes like √ which is the symbol for the square root.

Posted by theforce/myspip at 2:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Somebody help!
Mood:  not sure
im new here and im soooo confused on how to do this stuff....please help me!

Posted by ks3/bigboobs at 1:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 16 May 2004
Confused!!
Topic: Image Questions
I'm new to this, and I feel dumb, but I can't seem to get my images where I want them to be. Is there any way to put a picture next to a link? And can somebody please tell me how to put a picture where I want it? Thanks!!!

Posted by realm3/pixiedust11 at 9:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  silly
Topic: FrontPage
How do you get a left bar where I can put my links at
everything I try doesn't show up

Posted by extreme4/triforcezel at 12:26 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 13 May 2004
Why have all my hosted images suddenly been replaced by generic Angelfire images?
Topic: Image Questions
I'm well within my storage limit. My home page still is displayed properly. It just happened out of the blue while I was in the the hospital for surgery. Everything was fine when I went in.

Posted by nv2/pflynn at 8:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Forwarding my domain name to my angelfire site
Anyone know how to have my domain name point to my angelfire site. I think i need to change the nameservers. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted by un/kramer at 8:02 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Backing Up Sites
Mood:  quizzical
Does anyone know how I can go about backing up my website (ie. the contents of the web shell- that is; the .html files, the .css files, etc.)?

I have an idea, but it wont work for any blog or .css files...

Posted by Freemason at 2:18 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 12 May 2004
Music
hey everyone.. i'm a newbie at this site stuff and i was wondering after you upload a music file from your hard drive.. )mine came out to be mp3, though..is that okay?) how do you put the music on your site? do you go to the index and edit and put it somewhere? and after how do you know what the URL for that music is?

Posted by blog2/puppieluvr21 at 11:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Answer to popup vs. banner ad question
I did manage to get an answer on Angelfire regarding the popup vs. banner ads and how we go about changing from one to the other now. Here is their reply for the other person who wondered the same thing:

"Free members no longer have a choice of how ads will appear on their Websites. All free users will now see embedded ads and pop up ads. If you decide to build your web site with frames, you run the risk of having the ads appear in multiple frames. We suggest that you do not build with frames.

If you would like to upgrade your Web site to an ad free plan starting at $4.95 a month, please login to Angelfire, go to the Web Shell then click on My Account, then click on Upgrade Your Membership."

In other words, it's just one more way to coerce people to pay for webspace.

Chris

Posted by mo2/cleo617 at 6:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 11 May 2004
computerly retarded
Erm, could anyone help me with fonts? I visit other people's sites all the time and i see all these titles in really cool fonts, some flashing, some glittery, others are just shadowed, but they all look really cool, and i was wondering where one would find such fonts. Is there a site, or do i have to make them because i'm graphically challenged as well. Unfortunately.

Posted by freak2/smudged at 11:32 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Web Site Moved Mysteriously
My web site was up at www. angelfire.com/theforce/moratorium0/. Then it was replaced by a blank colored page. I reentereed the index page and it was okay a day then disappeared aagain as a purple page. My web site was in fact moved, with some cosmetic changes, to www.angelfire.com/theforce/moratorium/. I'm losing traffic, support, money etc. and human rights issues are being set back. How can I get oit to stop disappearing? The same thing happened on Tripod.

Posted by theforce/moratorium0 at 1:54 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 10 May 2004
URL Not Found
This is my first website, so I don't know much about building one. I followed all the directions, but every time I try to access one of my pages, either by typing the address in directly, or going to the link on my page, it comes up URL Not Found. Hellllpp!

Posted by ab7/the_chipmunk at 11:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 9 May 2004
Banner ads to popups
Mood:  quizzical
Someone below asked how to change from banner ads to popups now. I would like to know the same thing. I wrote to angelfire about it just now, but I have zero confidence that they will reply (with the actual answer to my question) since I had to choose one of four sub-topics, none of which had anything whatsoever to do with the question I asked.

So: How do you change back to popups only? I would like to go to a frames-based site and don't want a banner on each frame.

Chris

Posted by mo2/cleo617 at 11:31 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older