Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Monday, 24 May 2004
Pls, HELP ME!!!
Mood:  don't ask
Topic: HTML Questions
Does anyone know how to create matrices or determinants (see pic.)

Posted by theforce/myspip at 12:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 20 May 2004
Stupid Image changes
Mood:  don't ask
Topic: Image Questions
Ok... Im having pretty much the same problem alot of people are having with the images, except... i dunno about other people, but it wont even let me copy the images back into my harddrive!! am i just doin sumthin wrong... or is there another way that i dun know about?

Posted by dragon2/samuraiblade at 11:56 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
SAVING FILES
I hear that they are not allowing us to now post out pictures anywhere else other than on our site. If that is the case ill am going to move my site. Does anyone know a quick way to copy all the files in the account to your harddrive in a timely manner, rather than do each file seperate. Thanks in advance.

.....And to angelfire

What a shitty move if this is the case.

if not i appologise

Posted by freak/inatree at 5:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Image Help
Mood:  caffeinated
Hi! I have a problem that I think you can help me with. In the process of preparing to delete my account, I was trying to get all my images back onto my harddrive by viewing each image file, then right clicking the image and saving it. While attempting this, when the image saved, the file name is "webshell" and when I double checked the image on the harddrive, it always ended up being a saved html document of the webshell page! I have repeatedly tried to do this, thinking it was an error, but it keeps on reoccurring. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? My site is nearly deleted except for the index page and the images I still need to get so my website isn't working except for the homepage. Thanks for reading this and please respond soon!

Sincerely,
Jesse

Posted by alt/mr_peepers at 9:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 18 May 2004
Resolved: Ad Placement Problems
Topic: News
The Angelfire ad problems have been found and fixed. Thanks for everyone that reported the problem (both here and through email) so that it could be traced and debugged.

If anyone still sees any irregularities or other problems with the way ads are serving on their pages, please respond in this thread.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 1:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 18 May 2004 1:55 PM EDT
banner ad day 2
Now Playing: why isn't it being fixed?
Why isn't the banner ad problem being fixed? I've written to 'customer support' twice, and I'm sure many other people have done the same. Doesn't anyone from Angelfire ever take a look at this blog? This is no way to force people to upgrade to a pay site. If they do upgrade, it certainly won't be with Angelfire. And as for looking at the pages with Netscape instead of IE...that isn't a solution. The browser isn't the problem, the html coding of the ad is. I know that there's someone here who communicates with Angelfire. PLEASE PLEASE someone alert them and have them fix this problem!

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 12:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Same problem for everyone...
Mood:  irritated
I have the same problem... but the banner ad covers the submit button for the message board i have on my page. Very inconvenient... I hope it gets fixed soon.

Posted by ny5/kiuchimearii at 11:57 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Adding music
Ok I have built my site and all looks fine . Now i wouls like to ad musice to my pages. I have the music on a A CD can anyone give me a step by step guide how to do it. I have tried it using the help menue. I have Mikrosoft Internet exploryer

Posted by ky3/sqdog at 11:54 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Banner in the middle of page
i'm havin the same problem. Why is it taking so long to sort out??

Posted by theforce/clannmhuire at 8:53 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
banner adds
Yes! tha banner add thing is going on way too long, i contacted them about this, but they need to know how many are effected.. so i had to search for this
http://help.lycos.com/LycosHelp/help/search/htdocs/search_form.htm

they didn't make it easy!!! no answers yet, but am seriously thnking of leaving angelfire. i'm wandering if there are any other ways to contact someone about this!!!

Posted by art2/skatergate at 3:26 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 17 May 2004
Banner in middle of page
OK this banner in the middle of my page is TOTALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES!!! I had some of my firends come to my site and they were saying how they couldn't read anything on it, so I went myself and BAM the huge banner is smack dab in the middle of a crapload of text. FIX IT NOW!!!

Posted by hero/dantheman1 at 10:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Banners in the middle of my page
I see that there are quiet a few others here who are having the same problem as I am. I mean what the hell is up with the ads showing up on the center of the page. It is going right through my links and my images on all pages. This just sucks because the ads on the pages are bad enough. I would much rather have pop ups, but oh well I do not have the right anymore. Well any way I hope this problem is fixed soon, because I do not feel like moving my page again, and I do not that the money to pay to get the ads off my page.

Posted by Brandy at 9:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post

i have gave it a little wile i thaugh maby you would fix the dam problem but no you still have not fixed the problem with the dam ads and i am very mad about this i dont mind ads but thay are right in the middle of all my pages and this is not what i was lookin forword to since i was told you were one of the best hosts on the web so i realy am mad at this hole thing i dont care what is rong just FIX IT

Posted by mech/cobra1 at 9:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Same here
Yeah, I have the same problem as you guys. A banner ad keeps showing up in the middle of my pages, and it's getting really irritating. The ads used to display on the top and bottom of each page, and it was fine like that. Who can we contact regarding this problem?

Posted by hero/onehitwonder at 8:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
il3, Me too
yes, a banner ad that doesn't even have a "close" button is splashing itself all over my pages, no way to close them so they are the ultimate in bad netizenship. Is there an angelfire tech support email to contact? I don't mind ads, they come with the territory, but this is thoroughly obnoxious..

Posted by art2/americandream at 8:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Monday, 17 May 2004 8:20 PM EDT

Now Playing: banner ad part 2
actually, the banner ad isn't going away AT ALL with each refresh. it's completely covering up text, images, and links, and there's no way to move it. PLEASE PLEASE tell the people who program these ads to FIX IT!!!! it's ruining a page that I work very hard on and that other people depend on.

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 6:12 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post

Now Playing: banner ad
help! a big old banner ad (the one that is probably supposed to be at the bottom of the page) is appearing right in the middle of my page, covering up my text and images! 2 or 3 'refreshes' will make it go away, but when I return to the page it is there again, covering up my page's content. I know that writing to 'customer service' won't do any good, so I appeal to the people here....please communicate with the powers that be, and have them fix this error so the ad appears where it should be, and isn't covering up website content. (by the way, I've seen it on other Angelfire sites, too, so the problem isn't with my page)

Posted by il3/lisawebworld at 6:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
How to make symbols???
Mood:  rushed
Do someone now where to get the HTML codes to some symbols, with symbols I mean symbol you can copy and paste from i.e. Word.
Because sometimes the symbols turn themselves into iI, iY. I know some codes like √ which is the symbol for the square root.

Posted by theforce/myspip at 2:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Somebody help!
Mood:  not sure
im new here and im soooo confused on how to do this stuff....please help me!

Posted by ks3/bigboobs at 1:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 16 May 2004
Confused!!
Mood:  not sure
I'm new to this, and I feel dumb, but I can't seem to get my images where I want them to be. Is there any way to put a picture next to a link? And can somebody please tell me how to put a picture where I want it? Thanks!!!

Posted by realm3/pixiedust11 at 9:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older