Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 20 June 2004
Desperate for an answer... deleted file on angelfire.
Mood:  sad
Topic: Image Questions
Hi Everyone, I really need help with this question! I had a photo on my website at Angelfire and I deleted it and replaced it with a different picture. The deleted photo was of my sons cat. I desperately need the photo back! Is there a way to retrieve a deleted file from Angelfire. I also deleted it from my PC and then from my recycle bin. I have no restore file programs to get it back. My son is in Hanau, Germany in the military. The photos were the only existing ones. I thought I could make more when I deleted them from my PC a few days ago... but my sons cat was killed this morn. Please help, I'm a desperate MOM.

Thanks Yaya

Posted by moon2/yaya at 6:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 21 June 2004 - 12:03 AM EDT

Name: dalleh

you have one shot and maybe, unhook you pc from the internet, means you have to be off line. open your browser go to tools for IE and preferances in netscpe, and set the cache on never,
and click on ok,

now while off line go to your page and where you posted the cat image, if the image still in the browsers cache save the image as a new name.

Monday, 21 June 2004 - 9:40 AM EDT

Name: Yaya

Thank you so much for the tip... I tried it and couldn't find the photo. It wasn't there but, I remembered I had cleared my cache using my internet sweeper program recently.

I guess it's gone for good.
Thanks Again.

Monday, 21 June 2004 - 6:47 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

look in the internet sweeper if you can restore files.or if it keeps archives.

Monday, 21 June 2004 - 8:09 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

R-Undelete Demo allows you to evaluate how all R-Undelete products undelete lost files. The Demo version is fully functional except that it cannot undelete or recover files larger than 64KB.

http://www.r-undelete.com/File_Undelete_Download.shtml

hth,
their are other applications that can do this you might want to do a google search......

Tuesday, 22 June 2004 - 8:23 PM EDT

Name: tenista

try doing a google search to your page, click on "cache" and see if the photo comes up. If it does, copy and save it onto a word document. that worked for me once, but if you swept, then who knows?

Tuesday, 29 June 2004 - 11:40 AM EDT

Name: llogicl

try wayback machine at archive.org they archive the whole internet by date.

Tuesday, 29 June 2004 - 11:43 AM EDT

Name: llogicl

put a notice on the website someone else might have it cached

View Latest Entries