Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 12 June 2004
sidebar total eclipse
Mood:  incredulous
Topic: FrontPage
What the heavens is going on with the sidebar introduction???? I can not see the web page and I am getting a list of websites that I can not even open and view, let alone my own site.
I thought I had the only problem on this XP computer I am working but at my work it seems to be working fine..whatever it is there is a bug that is not affecting certain computers. I addressed my problem but they are saying it works fine..the problem still persists.

Gabriel

Posted by ga2/ethiopia at 3:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 12 June 2004 - 9:10 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

There is a bug, a nasty bug, in the sidebar that affects a number of uncommon browsers. (Oddly enough, the browsers affected are those written using Microsoft's Internet Explorer development kit BUT Internet Explorer itself is not affected.) Angelfire has fixed the problem in a number of cases and continues to add browsers to the exclusion list when we can, but some particularly broken browsers even lie and say they are "normal" IE6 even when they are not.

The Angelfire team is working over solutions to this problem because we want to ensure that even niche browsers can hit our pages, but the solution may take a bit of time to get decided on, built, and tested.

I hope this helps.

JP

Saturday, 12 June 2004 - 1:03 PM EDT

Name: help?

it would help even more if Angelfire removed the sidebar completely. no one likes it, it's annoying, and it steals traffic away from sites that people have spent years building up. not to mention the fact that is doesn't work: apart from the fact that it blocks entire pages, the links that come up are totally unrelated to the website content. how is this helpful? my own website traffic is down 30 percent since this thing started. I work hard on my site, and I don't appreciate having my visitors lured away or blocked from my site. I have yet to hear an explanation of how this sidebar is a "good thing." it's not good for members, so it must be good for Angelfire. but how? how can they be getting money from a site that has 30 percent less viewers than it did BEFORE they put the sidebar on?

View Latest Entries