Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Thursday, 10 June 2004
Side bar
Mood:  irritated
I would also like to know why the sidebar covers my site? Do you realize you are costing us money for people not being able to view our sites?

Posted by ak5/embroidery at 8:49 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 10 June 2004 - 9:10 PM EDT

Name:

how much money do you make out of the free loading site.

Friday, 11 June 2004 - 3:24 AM EDT

Name:

ah ha! now I see why sidebar exists. folks using free sites to generate income for themselves. now who is greedy - angelfire?

Friday, 11 June 2004 - 8:45 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

There are known bugs with the sidebar on specific uncommon browsers which cause it to be displayed as the page instead of ON the page. This is a known problem and the Angelfire team is looking at ways to fix the issue. This will only affect visitors who use uncommon browsers.

If you have a site that you are making money off of (as in a business site), I would strongly suggest that you consider upgrading to one of the pay packages. In addition to the sidebar potentially linking to your competition, there is the much larger and real problem of competitor banner ads being displayed on your pages. This is true of any free webhosting provider.

JP

View Latest Entries