Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 13 June 2004
no side bar with netscape "GREAT"
can anyone help me as I use explorer for my browser in the chat rooms and I am gettin sick and tired of emails with people complaining that they cant use my pages in chat because all that shows up is the stupid side bar, and I get my mail using netscape so I just tried typing in one of my pages in netscape and guess what? no damn side bar even shows up in netscape and my pages "all of them play just great" so can anyone tell me what netscape has diff from explorer that the damn stupid side bar doesnt even show up then maybe I could delete it from my explorer browser so I can enjoy my pages again,,, ty and have a nice day

Posted by oh5/gto1966 at 1:30 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 9:16 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

Can you please provode URLs where we can download the chat programs you are having troubles with? We are trying to reproduce this problem so that we can fix it, but aren't sure what programs are at fault.

JP

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 11:32 AM EDT

Name: here are the chat urls so u can dow

excite.com
then look below for "chat then it takes u to download
halsoft.com
voodoo.com

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 12:20 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

what netscape has diff from explore?
netscape is a stand alone program while IE depends on windows in most of its functions.

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 4:02 PM EDT

Name:

ty dalleh, then maybe in windows i can somehow find what would remove the side bar , worth a shot ,,, ty again for the info

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 5:22 PM EDT

Name:

now that jp has those sites watch Angelfire put sidebar on them.

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 9:31 PM EDT

FYI, the reason the sidebar doesn't show up under Netscape is because the sidebar isn't really a "web standard" component, it's just something that Microsoft added to Internet Explorer for their own purposes and then opened up the interface.

Netscape *does* have a sidebar feature, but it is accessed differently and doesn't let remote sites open it up without prompting.

JP

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 9:44 PM EDT

Crap. Excite chat claims to be vanilla Internet Explorer, so we won't be able to do a direct exclusion. I haven't yet checked the other two, but I can look into it tomorrow. If they're based on the same software, they might all have the same problems.

JP

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 11:20 PM EDT

Name: gto1966

well thanks alot jp but it seems like you cant do nothing so if angelfire insists on not letting us the builders say whether we want that stupid side bar or not I guess the only way out is to remake my rooms in another domain, like I said thank you jp for trying it was a nice 4 yrs here.

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 4:42 AM EDT

Name: hi5/boomer

There are other chats that this happens in as well..to name a few..
blackschat.ath.cx
bunnyrabbit.hopto.org
yackityyak.ath.cx
and many many people visit these chats daily.Those of us who make pages are/or were giving angelfire good adverstisement.Now that the sidebar was put in it does nothing but annoy these people.Many i have spoken with are talking about moving their pages to another server. Myself included have started to move mine to a server where i can see my page!!! If i decide to upgrade i will do this in another server if this problem isn't taken care of soon!Why dont you save us all a headache and remove the sidebar and put it in as a pop-up?? Or is that just to easy? I would suggest someone there get this taken care quickly or angelfire wont have anyone using them..paid or otherwise..

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 5:11 PM EDT

Name: Sandy

The chat program I can't see my sites in is>>> vpchat.com
which is Halsoft. But I don't understand why its not all my angelfire sites, which I'm not complaining but it makes no since if its the browser when some show and some don't.

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 10:18 PM EDT

Name: hi5/boomer

same thing with mine Sandy and several others i know..which only says 1 thing..angelfire screwed up and is not willing to admit it or just doesnt give a shit..i have halsoft and all other chats and more..its angelfire..just their feeble attempt to make us upgrade..thats BS.. if i pay..sure wont be them after this fukin mess they created..smiles

View Latest Entries