Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Thursday, 10 June 2004
Ugrading account
Mood:  don't ask
I'm really upset. I have had my page on angelfire for a LONG time now. I was finally ready to upgrade to a package but when i get to the page that says membership it tells me "the member name is already in use choose an alias" but doesn't have any for me to chose or let me add one. It says every alias i put is taken.. so its obviously broken for some reason cause no offense but half the stuff i put NO ONE can have. So i write their "help" people and three days later no response.. Its like they are making it IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade. so i guess they don't want my money. I was REALLY not wanting to move my whole site just to upgrade to what i want to use but it looks like i might. ANyone know how to get past this STUPID membership page? (also i tried another account with angelfire and at the end it tells me my credit card number is wrong when it is obviously correct.... money anyone? cause apparently they don't want mine.)

Posted by tx5/peach at 12:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 10 June 2004 - 7:19 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

I spoke to some folks who looked into this on the backend for you. It's not clear why they should ever prompt you to rename your account-- if it happened, it was a bug. Later today, someone down in the CS department logged into your account and tried to upgrade and that went fine.

Can you try this again and see if your problems are fixed? Someone might contact you via email to make sure your problems get resolved.

JP

Saturday, 12 June 2004 - 10:34 AM EDT

Name: Sandy

Ohhh sure mention upgrade and someone will contact you via email.........but those of us unhappy with the sidebar covering our sites dont' seem to matter. I sure didn't know IE was a uncommon browser since everyone I know uses it.

Wednesday, 16 June 2004 - 6:02 PM EDT

Name: Vikki
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/il/ClevelandFamilyChron

Hiya, Lisa ~

Angelfire was frustrating me enough that I went to the boards to find an answer. Your situation is almost exactly like mine: I have had an Angelfire site up for years, and now I want to upgrade to get rid of the ads because I will be marketing a book online.

However, in the registration process, I was stopped at the exact place you were and for the same reasons. I, too, wrote Angelfire for help ~ but I did receive an answer within 24 hours. However, the answer part was *BLANK*! There was a greeting and a sig, but nothing in between.

I can *kinda* understand slow (even sloppy) responses to those of us taking advantage of the free Web hosting, but you would think Angelfire would be more attentive to people wanting to give them money each month.

Did you hear anything more about how to get past the *alias* thing?

I am also wondering about this sidebar thing I have been reading about???

Monday, 5 July 2004 - 6:18 PM EDT

Name: hellbound
Home Page: http://ultra/moblife

Same problem with me , almost a month later. Is there an answer somewhere? I posted a new thread on the 5th of july. Same exact problem.

View Latest Entries