Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 13 June 2004
Upgraded to Argon, now Images don't display
Topic: Image Questions
Hello I have been using Angelfire's free service for several years now. I've had no problems. However, all the ads have really gotten annoying, so I upgraded to Argon. I received my own domain, which sounded nice, some POP e mail accounts which sounded nice, and NO ADS! Well, the ads went away immediately and it took a bit before my domain name actually brought up my site. BUT, now none of my images show. I just have red X's. If I go to the longer URL (old address), everything is just fine, pictures and all. I tried renaming the images subdirectory and that didn't work either. Also, the e mail forwarding and POP e mail does not work. I wrote to Angelfire about this but have not yet heard anything. So, if anyone can help me with any of my problems, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Posted by ab/acwinston at 10:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 11:01 PM EDT

Name: cw

What's the URL of your domain name

Sunday, 13 June 2004 - 11:22 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

You are linking to your images using relative links that include the member name:

src=/ab/acwinston/images/Chelsea.jpg

You can either change this to the full URL:

src=https://www.angelfire.com/ab/acwinston/images/Chelsea.jpg

or use just a more relative URL:

src=images/Chelsea.jpg

I thought that Angelfire already knew to allow for this special case for members that upgrade. I'll investigate further.

JP

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 8:34 AM EDT

Name: Amy

CW -
My old address was: www.angelfire.com/ab/acwinston
(which you probably already knew)
And my new domain is: www.acwinston.com

JC -
Thank you for the information. I will give that a try. It would sure be a big pain to change all that as I have a ton of pictures on my website. If your suggestions help, it would have sure been nice to know before I upgraded. Angelfire should list this type of information along with the other things associated with the upgrades. But I sure do appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 8:47 AM EDT

JP - THANK YOU!!! That worked and I have it fixed. Now, if I can just get the POP e mail working, it will be great.

Thanks again!!

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 9:01 PM EDT

Can you describe what is going on with your POP email? Are you having difficulty configuring it or is there another problem?

The biggest confusion with email is that "username@domain.com" is what is actually your username. So, in some email programs it looks rather silly-- username@domain.com@pop.domains.lycos.com or something similar. Still, your username actually does contain the full email address you are configuring.

JP

Monday, 14 June 2004 - 11:50 PM EDT

Thank you for trying to help.

The problem with my e mail is that I'm not able to configure it correctly. I followed the instructions on the Angelfire website, but no luck.

I'm using Outlook Express and here is what I'm doing:
TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, ADD, MAIL
Display Name: Amy
E mail address: amy@acwinston.com (my new domain)
Incoming Mail Server is a: POP3
Incoming Mail Server: pop.domains.lycos.com (as instructed by Angelfire)
Outgoing mail server: mail.socket.net (Angelfire said to contact my ISP for this?) I have also tried: mail.domains.lycos.com, smtp.domains.lycos.com, and a few others trying to figure it out.

Account Name: Amy (I have also tried: amy@acwinston.com, ab/acwinston, acwinston.com, and a few others).
My password: I'm sure it's correct.

I do not check Log On to SPA
And then I click Finish. That's it. When I tried to send/receive mail with amy@acwinston.com I get a pop up asking me to please enter my user name and password for the following server: pop.domains.lycos.com

If I hit ok, it keeps popping up. If I hit cancel, I get error messages from outlook express:
* There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.domains.lycos.com', Server: 'pop.domains.lycos.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
* There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.domains.lycos.com', Server: 'pop.domains.lycos.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Again, I'm sure my password is correct.

I tried the mail forwarding just to see what would happen, and it does work. Mail sent to amy@acwinston.com will forward to my current e mail address and show up in my Outlook Express. HOWEVER, it takes several hours to show up.

I even tried setting up an IMAP account, but when it went to configure the folders, it said that the server failed.

I'm sure it's just something I'm doing wrong... one little thing I'm not getting right.

Thank you for your help! I really do appreciate it.

Take Care,
Amy

Tuesday, 15 June 2004 - 12:14 AM EDT

Thank you for trying to help.

The problem with my e mail is that I'm not able to configure it correctly. I followed the instructions on the Angelfire website, but no luck.

I'm using Outlook Express and here is what I'm doing:
TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, ADD, MAIL
Display Name: Amy
E mail address: amy@acwinston.com (my new domain)
Incoming Mail Server is a: POP3
Incoming Mail Server: pop.domains.lycos.com (as instructed by Angelfire)
Outgoing mail server: mail.socket.net (Angelfire said to contact my ISP for this?) I have also tried: mail.domains.lycos.com, smtp.domains.lycos.com, and a few others trying to figure it out.

Account Name: Amy (I have also tried: amy@acwinston.com, ab/acwinston, acwinston.com, and a few others).
My password: I'm sure it's correct.

I do not check Log On to SPA
And then I click Finish. That's it. When I tried to send/receive mail with amy@acwinston.com I get a pop up asking me to please enter my user name and password for the following server: pop.domains.lycos.com

If I hit ok, it keeps popping up. If I hit cancel, I get error messages from outlook express:

Again, I'm sure my password is correct.

I tried the mail forwarding just to see what would happen, and it does work. Mail sent to amy@acwinston.com will forward to my current e mail address and show up in my Outlook Express. HOWEVER, it takes several hours to show up.

I even tried setting up an IMAP account, but when it went to configure the folders, it said that the server failed.

I'm sure it's just something I'm doing wrong... one little thing I'm not getting right.

Thank you for your help! I really do appreciate it.

Take Care,
Amy

Wednesday, 16 June 2004 - 12:28 AM EDT

> * There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.domains.lycos.com', Server: 'pop.domains.lycos.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response:

Seems to me that maybe you have your "account" (your email address) in the wrong box someplace and Outlook is trying to use the server name like your account name. Unfortunately, I don't *personally* use Outlook so I'm not going to be much help. There's probably a FAQ page about this...

Anyone else?

JP

View Latest Entries