Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 28 February 2006
Recurring counter reset
Mood:  irritated
Topic: FrontPage
About four times in the past two weeks, my front page hit counter has reset to 0. (I have counters on inside pages, and they're unaffected.)

Thoughts? Thanks.

Posted by scifi/prstuff at 2:49 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
BG COLOR question
Topic: HTML Questions
Hi again

I followed CW advice and cleaned up my Html, thanks again :-)

But now on my group page.. www.angelfire.com/planet/frugal/society/group.html

the background color will not show, I can't figure it out for the life of me :-(

Posted by planet/frugal at 11:33 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Chronology of blogs entries
Is there a way to override the blog's default setting of listing entries in reverse chronological order? I'd like for newer post to appear below older ones. Thanks.

Posted by ri/amiracle at 10:58 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 February 2006
A Little Off The Track
Mood:  a-ok
I know that this is not a Tripod Blog, but I was wondering why the 'Notify me by e-mail whenever anyone signs my guestbook' option hasn't been functioning,
on my HTML Gear, for the past few days??

It was working OK before. Anybody else experiencing same?

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 5:28 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 26 February 2006
CGI Code
CGI code not working on paid domain name accounts.

I have had the same problem and Mike said it was a code issue on their end. I have tried everything I can think of to make mine work.

I have a random cgi code that inserts random quotes on my index page works just fine on my free account.

But when you go to my domain name

www.rainbowatdawn.org

there is an error saying the random directory can't be found.

It is very frustrating!

I hope this is fixec soon as well.

Posted by planet/frugal at 7:09 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 25 February 2006

Topic: Image Questions
Hello please help me! My husband mistakenly put my website pictures into folder(directory)in the webshell! The directory name is "chinesepictures"-219K. Is there anyway I can get them back out so that they can be seen on my webpage. Thank you!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:23 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 February 2006
To Angelfire staff
Topic: News
I need the help of the Angelfire staff here. I chose Angelfire to host my site for it's ease of use. I now find myself in a webmasters nightmare on .com street. Because I used Angelfire hosting I have serious search engine ranking issues. I was told Angelfire will not do a simple 301 permanent redirect to fix my problem of what search engines see as duplicate content.

For example: www.domain.com and domain.com are seen as duplicate content. Since I started using the Angelfire blog, its now a triple threat for duplicate content. In otherwords, the search engines see: www.domain.com - domain.com - and www.angelfire.com/me2/domain - as three separate url's and duplicate content.

Angelfire has been promising to fix the CGI bin problem since summer of 2005 when I first discovered the issue while trying to create banner rotators for my website. The CGI bin is only useful if you are using a free account. This makes absolutely no sense and is very unfair to paying customers like myself.

It's time for an upgrade Angelfire. My site is ranking poorly for duplicate content, and thieves and crooks are steeling my commission from my naked affiliate url's.

All I need to fix my situation is a permanent 301 redirect on both conical url's pointing to my www.domain.com url. I also need that CGI BIN problem fixed as soon as possible. I think I have been very patient up to this point.

Angelfire, I enjoy the service, otherwise I wouldn't be here using it. So please, lets get these issues taken care of. You'll have a whole bunch of happy webmasters if you do.

Posted by Daymon at 9:56 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Topic: FrontPage
I need help. I am publishing using my frontpage and for some reason my graphics are on top of the ads. How can I fix his? Please email me at stejian24@aol.com to help! thanks

Posted by planet/stejian at 2:50 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 23 February 2006

I am trying to get a wav inserted into my husbands web page and everything I have done doesnt work.I cant get it to upload or anything... I am juat totaly flustered here... any suggestions ? This will probably post in his log in name but I am helping him with his page .
Thanks,
Sandy

Posted by crazy/riders103 at 11:14 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  celebratory
Hello to all,
I'm so thrilled with my website and happy that I found Angelfire. You all are great. My friend uses Safari and when she goes to my website, she can see some of the html script in the black area where the title is. I've tried putting a 'nowrap' in with the td. Perhaps I've put it in the wrong place or that's just not the thing to do. The html script that is showing up is the code for another section. Any thoughts? Check out the site at www.edmontondoulas.com

Posted by planet/chocolatedoula at 10:25 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Any update on Angelfire Elements CGI bug?
Mood:  don't ask
Any update or progress on the problem with Angelfire CGI Bin usage with Angelfire elements? I really need this problem fixed soon.

https://www.angelfire.com/al4/cheapest-service/cgi-bin/example.cgi

Posted by Daymon at 1:54 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Any update on Angelfire Elements CGI bug?
Mood:  don't ask
Any update or progress on the problem with Angelfire CGI Bin usage with Angelfire elements? I really need this problem fixed soon. Live Example

Posted by Daymon at 1:52 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 22 February 2006
How to move a mac created site to angelfire?
first, let me say that I have a website on angelfire at the moment. www.manahale.net
What I'd like t do is replace that website with a new one that i created using Apple's Iweb program. I tried dragging the mac site file to the ftp.angelfire browser window but it told me that it could not be modified. I tried creating a seperate subdirectory in my old website, thinking I could just upload the files to it, but there were so many I chickened out.
Is there a way to create a new blank website where I can simply upload the mac files to it within webshell? Will they work when it is activated? Does my neon subscription allow 2 websites?
Basically all I want to do is activate my new mac created page, have people routed to it when they log on to www.manahale.net (domain reg. for manahale ends in one month) and that's it. My last alternative is to cancel angelfire and subscribe to mac.com, which I would prefer not to do. Can you help?

Posted by ct3/structuralintegration at 1:34 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 19 February 2006
Question
Mood:  not sure
If you build a blog with angelfire blog builder, can you then open it up in notepad and go from there? Reason is that I like some of the templates, but would rather do the rest on my own.

Posted by blog/donspage.com at 12:24 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 17 February 2006

Mood:  quizzical
Hello Helpful People!
I've been creating a website with Angelfire's free space but I recently upgraded to Argon. I haven't transfered to the internet yet and I'm wondering... In beginner web builder where it says "Links", I've put in my long angelfire website name and attached the different 'index.htmls' at the end every time for each page link, and then in the next box over I put in what I want the title to say. It comes up on all the different pages correctly, although none of the links work. I'm guessing they don't work because none of it is uploaded to the internet yet. Is it necessary to put in the entire http// UPL or if I just put index.2. html, will that connect to the next page from index.html? And then...when I move my files to the internet, will I have to change all that over to my new domain name?

Posted by planet/chocolatedoula at 1:00 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 14 February 2006
CGI don't work with paid services????
Mood:  surprised
YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! If you pay for hosting your CGI scripts will no longer work????

example this url will work:
www.angelfire.com/al4/somename/cgi-bin/example.cgi

example of paid hosting free domain won't work
www.domain.com/cgi-bin/example.cgi

Posted by Daymon at 4:38 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Would somebody please check my hotmail code for me
Mood:  not sure
I am trying to clean up my html & I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.
Would someone please check these pages & tell me if I'm doing them right before I continue on with them.
I'm concerned that they might not look right in different browers.

https://www.angelfire.com/moon2/beadedrose/Testindex.html

and

https://www.angelfire.com/moon2/beadedrose/TestCabachongallery.html

Thank-you
Diane

Posted by moon2/beadedrose at 1:05 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (17) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 12 February 2006
Saving Files From My Webshell
Topic: Image Questions
I have a Neon account and have recently changed computers and want to save some of the files in my webshell to my hard drive. However, now something prevents me from doing this. All I get, regardless of which file I am trying to save, is "webshell". What do I need to do to be able to save files back to my hard drive?

Posted by ok3/CHRaines at 10:36 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Free Stat Counter
Now Playing: Honkytonk Badonkadonk
Topic: News
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know about a free counter that I found and added to my page. I had been looking for one that didn't place ads on my website, because I have enough of those already, and I finally found one. Anyway, you can put their counter on your page without ads (unless you opt to have one that sends you to their website) and, I found this to be the cool part, they also keep track of all kinds of information for you. They track hits, IP addresses, user paths, entry and exit pages, etc. The information is in easy to understand formats also. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out!!! But anyway, go check it out at www.statcounter.com I hope that someone can use this, I found it pretty cool myself LOL.

Posted by blog/donspage.com at 10:09 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Sunday, 12 February 2006 10:07 PM EST
Saturday, 11 February 2006

Hi delleh,
i have another Question about page view!
53 pageS view yesterday. Total pageS viewED this month 1753.

But 2 OR 3 days ago, 149 pages viewed, and total viewed this month was 2417 (approximately)! WHY?

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older