Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 25 February 2006

Topic: Image Questions
Hello please help me! My husband mistakenly put my website pictures into folder(directory)in the webshell! The directory name is "chinesepictures"-219K. Is there anyway I can get them back out so that they can be seen on my webpage. Thank you!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:23 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 26 February 2006 - 1:01 AM EST

Name: tom

Hi,

If your husband put the pictures into the "chinesepictures"
Directory, then the correct destination url for each picture, would look like this:
https://www.angelfire.com/fl5/lisalk00/chinesepictures/xxxx.jpg

Sunday, 26 February 2006 - 11:58 AM EST

Name: cw

lisa- open the directory in your web shell then control+click on each file so all files are highlighted. Then click on the "move" button. Then choose the directory you want to move the files to. If you want to move them to your main directory, select the directory that is designated by the forward slash /.

Sunday, 26 February 2006 - 12:29 PM EST

Name: cw

lisa- if they are new images that don't appear on pages yet, then do what Tom advised. Just write the subdirectory into your image file paths when writing the page code. Keeping files organized in subdirectories like the one your husband created can be a good thing :).

Tuesday, 28 February 2006 - 9:49 AM EST

Name: fl5/lisalk00

Thank you! Thank you!!!

View Latest Entries