Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 27 February 2006
A Little Off The Track
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: HTML Questions
I know that this is not a Tripod Blog, but I was wondering why the 'Notify me by e-mail whenever anyone signs my guestbook' option hasn't been functioning,
on my HTML Gear, for the past few days??

It was working OK before. Anybody else experiencing same?

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 5:28 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 27 February 2006 - 12:13 PM EST

Name: dalleh

check the setup of the guestbook, sometimes an upgrade or changes on the server, cause changes in the setup.

Monday, 27 February 2006 - 1:09 PM EST

Name: jrp34

I'll double-check. There is a upgrade to Gear (nothing major, but the first in a while) that will be fixing a number of long-standing bugs sometime this week or next.

JP

Friday, 10 March 2006 - 10:13 AM EST

Name: me2/kulacoco

JP & Dalleh :-

I switched the email address [listed as 'contact' in the HTML Gear Preferences], from Hotmail to Yahoo!, thinking that the problem may lie with their Spam-blocking software. I still was not getting any messages.

Then I switched again, to my personal ISP email address...and everything seems to be working fine now. So, I can only guess, that Hotmail & Yahoo! don't seem to like messages from HTML Gear....although, there was no problem in the past.

View Latest Entries