Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Sunday, 19 February 2006
Question
Mood:  not sure
If you build a blog with angelfire blog builder, can you then open it up in notepad and go from there? Reason is that I like some of the templates, but would rather do the rest on my own.

Posted by blog/donspage.com at 12:24 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 17 February 2006

Mood:  quizzical
Topic: HTML Questions
Hello Helpful People!
I've been creating a website with Angelfire's free space but I recently upgraded to Argon. I haven't transfered to the internet yet and I'm wondering... In beginner web builder where it says "Links", I've put in my long angelfire website name and attached the different 'index.htmls' at the end every time for each page link, and then in the next box over I put in what I want the title to say. It comes up on all the different pages correctly, although none of the links work. I'm guessing they don't work because none of it is uploaded to the internet yet. Is it necessary to put in the entire http// UPL or if I just put index.2. html, will that connect to the next page from index.html? And then...when I move my files to the internet, will I have to change all that over to my new domain name?

Posted by planet/chocolatedoula at 1:00 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 14 February 2006
CGI don't work with paid services????
Mood:  surprised
YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! If you pay for hosting your CGI scripts will no longer work????

example this url will work:
www.angelfire.com/al4/somename/cgi-bin/example.cgi

example of paid hosting free domain won't work
www.domain.com/cgi-bin/example.cgi

Posted by Daymon at 4:38 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Would somebody please check my hotmail code for me
I am trying to clean up my html & I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.
Would someone please check these pages & tell me if I'm doing them right before I continue on with them.
I'm concerned that they might not look right in different browers.

https://www.angelfire.com/moon2/beadedrose/Testindex.html

and

https://www.angelfire.com/moon2/beadedrose/TestCabachongallery.html

Thank-you
Diane

Posted by moon2/beadedrose at 1:05 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (17) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 12 February 2006
Saving Files From My Webshell
Topic: Image Questions
I have a Neon account and have recently changed computers and want to save some of the files in my webshell to my hard drive. However, now something prevents me from doing this. All I get, regardless of which file I am trying to save, is "webshell". What do I need to do to be able to save files back to my hard drive?

Posted by ok3/CHRaines at 10:36 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Free Stat Counter
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Honkytonk Badonkadonk
Topic: News
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know about a free counter that I found and added to my page. I had been looking for one that didn't place ads on my website, because I have enough of those already, and I finally found one. Anyway, you can put their counter on your page without ads (unless you opt to have one that sends you to their website) and, I found this to be the cool part, they also keep track of all kinds of information for you. They track hits, IP addresses, user paths, entry and exit pages, etc. The information is in easy to understand formats also. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out!!! But anyway, go check it out at www.statcounter.com I hope that someone can use this, I found it pretty cool myself LOL.

Posted by blog/donspage.com at 10:09 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Sunday, 12 February 2006 10:07 PM EST
Saturday, 11 February 2006

Hi delleh,
i have another Question about page view!
53 pageS view yesterday. Total pageS viewED this month 1753.

But 2 OR 3 days ago, 149 pages viewed, and total viewed this month was 2417 (approximately)! WHY?

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Whew! Thank God For This Blog Page!
Mood:  happy
Ok, I think I have most of my problems worked out now! I am very happy with the way my site is looking and responding (thanks to cw and mamagoo). But, just as a test, I would like anyone to check it out and tell me if it, or parts of it, are not working right in their specific browser. I know that the background music doesn't work in Firefox, but that's not a big deal to me. Once again, thanks for all the help.

P.S. If there are any new angelfire.com users that want to ask questions but are afraid, don't be. These people are great!

Posted by blog/donspage.com at 3:16 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
CGI/HTML Glitch
Can anyone let me know if they have experienced the same glitch with the HTML/CGI thing or not?

It seems that when I create a page or a link to a specific page or make any kinds of changes to my pages, it takes at least several hours to a day or two before the pages actually work and the links, too.

Thanks.

Posted by va/dmsforever at 1:30 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
HTML/CGI/DHTML Book Update
Mood:  hug me
Now Playing: Hindsight is 20/20
Forum Members:

Ok. I think I finally fixed a few bugs and figured out a few things.

When you first create a page in the Angelfire editor, it first appears as some CGI weird thing and you get a 404 page error message. It seems that it takes a day or two for it to bounce off the servers or something before it "normalizes." It's happened before so I'm trying not to spazz when I make my pages, and they look fine in "Preview" but won't appear when you actually click on them.

The image editing thing you guys told me to do in Paint worked like a champ. The reason the images weren't loading after I had shrunken them was that I had saved them as JPG and not jpg. Those caps made a difference because they could not load.

So I need to thank everyone for their help. ALSO, can you guys continue to check my "Services" pages and let me know what you think and if they're loading okay now?

Thanks everyone.

Dave

Posted by va/dmsforever at 12:46 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 10 February 2006
Angelfire Blog Directory
Mood:  d'oh
Why doesn't Angelfire have a blog directory? The Angelfire blog is a pretty valuable tool but its pretty usless without a network of bloggers. I have a telecom and Internet related website and recently created a blog for the site but when I went to look for other related Angelfire blogs I found no blogs at all. If anyone is interested in blogging for this topic, you can see my blog at Cheapest Service Site Blog . Ofcourse I'll visit yours as well and hopefully get some good content going.

Posted by Daymon at 8:52 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 9 February 2006
Blog Migration
Mood:  energetic
Is it possible to migrate an exisitng (free membership) angelfire blog to wordpress?

Posted by Asterios at 7:24 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 8 February 2006
CGI/HTML Follow-Up
Mood:  caffeinated
Now Playing: Please Review
Can anyone please take a look at my site and let me know if these pages are working? I have a slow, older computer with dial-up and I can't be sure if my pages are working correctly or not since they're taking forever for the images to download and only some of the pages appear properly.

Please go to somerfleck.com and go to "services," than just look at each page in the "portfolio" drop-down menu and let me know if the DHTML is working. It should appear as the pages of a book slowly turning. The problem is that so far, only the "features" page is working and the others don't appear to be ---but they should be working since the code is identical to the other page and the image tags are correct.

I appreciate the help.

Posted by va/dmsforever at 12:05 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (13) | Permalink | Share This Post
I can't get my alt text to work
Mood:  don't ask
My alt text won't work to where it will show my daughters "thought" now that I finally got all the images in the right place. They were working fine earlier, but now, nothing! Here's the address....
https://www.angelfire.com/blog/donspage.com/picpage1.htm

Posted by blog/donspage.com at 7:52 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (18) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 8 February 2006 7:54 AM EST
Tuesday, 7 February 2006
Can I put a background song in my website?
Now Playing: Blake Shelton-Austin
I am trying to add a background song into my page. It all worked when I had it linked to my computer (i.e. C/......./Austin2.wav) but when I uploaded the file into my web shell, I can't get it to work. Does it have to be of a certain file type? I know that most can use MP3, .Au, and .wav. Any suggestions?

Posted by blog/donspage.com at 9:16 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 5 February 2006
How do I switch my Website name from Angelfire.com/ to my Domain name
I started with the Free Angelfire account and had a website of angelfire.com/planet/darthleon_customs and immediately upgraded to Krypton. I got the Domain name darthleoncustoms.com but now I don't know how to put that name as my web address instead of angelfire.com/planet/darthleon_customs.
Can anyone help me out because I can't find any info on the help pages and there doesn't seem to be any way to contact angelfire.com.
Thanks
Leon

Posted by planet/darthleon_customs at 12:38 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 4 February 2006
HELPHELPHELP
Mood:  on fire
IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS LOADING THEIR "MY ACCOUNT" PAGES??? ALSO, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET AHOLD OF ANYONE THROUGH ANGELFIRE BESIDES THE HELP PAGES? BECAUSE THOSE AREN'T GOING THROUGH EITHER, I JUST KEEP GETTING CANT FIND SERVER PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by planet/000scapegoat000 at 10:48 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
javascript won't work for me in www.angelfire.com/my/puppies
Mood:  don't ask
I have javascript running my thumbnails for pictures on my website and I have no pictures and the javascript acts as though it won't work is there something I need to do for angelfire

Posted by my/puppies at 7:21 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
re setting WMP as default in mozilla, firefox, netscape
sorted out of a longer thread below

Posted by CW at 10:07 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 1 February 2006
Adding My Personal WMV video
Mood:  d'oh
I need to know if I can add my own personal WMV video to my angelfire site. What is the HTML coding to do this if I can? I have looked everywhere for info, but can't seem to find anything. Thanks!

Posted by crazy4/my_little_foot_317 at 8:49 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older