Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 11 February 2006
CGI/HTML Glitch
Can anyone let me know if they have experienced the same glitch with the HTML/CGI thing or not?

It seems that when I create a page or a link to a specific page or make any kinds of changes to my pages, it takes at least several hours to a day or two before the pages actually work and the links, too.

Thanks.

Posted by va/dmsforever at 1:30 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 11 February 2006 - 7:06 PM EST

Name: cw

This has nothing to do with cgi. You aren't using anything with cgi on your pages. It also has nothing to do with html.As soon as a page is uploaded or republished (as in saving a page after changes to it from your web shell) then it is immediately available.

The most likely cause of your problem is browser caching. Clear your browser cache and reload the page. The page changes should be viewable immediately and all links operational if the link paths are written correctly.

Sunday, 12 February 2006 - 12:24 PM EST

Name: va/dmsforever

I'll try this and double-check the coding for the javascript drop-down menu.

Also, I still can't see any of the images on any of the portfolio pages - even after clearing the cache.

Dave

Sunday, 12 February 2006 - 1:43 PM EST

Name: cw

if you cleared your cache and are also on modem then you will need to let the browser redownload all your images from scratch... and that's the whole point I'm trying to get at- your images are too large for fast download on modem. Some pages (like the 1MB one I pointed out to you in another thread) will take 5-15 minutes to load and display on modem. So call up the page and walk away. Bake a cake or something then come back :)

View Latest Entries