Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 7 February 2006
Can I put a background song in my website?
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: Blake Shelton-Austin
Topic: HTML Questions
I am trying to add a background song into my page. It all worked when I had it linked to my computer (i.e. C/......./Austin2.wav) but when I uploaded the file into my web shell, I can't get it to work. Does it have to be of a certain file type? I know that most can use MP3, .Au, and .wav. Any suggestions?

Posted by blog/donspage.com at 9:16 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 7 February 2006 - 11:47 PM EST

Name: mamagoo

it's loading here but I am on broadband. your file is over 7mb, so it will take about 1 hour or more to download on a dial-up connecton try to find a midi file or get this .wav file optimized for web use....
your autoplaying it and it will take forever to download ofr modem users. i think I can optimize it for you but it will still be a large file.....so check back

with files that large you can offer it as a selectable download but always give how long it will take for modem users.....
use the embed code also along with the bgsound code for people using netscape browsers....

Tuesday, 7 February 2006 - 11:51 PM EST

this code could be used...although it shows a player it is set to false so the player won't be seen

again let me see if I can get that .wav file optimized for you into a .wma file
check back

<embed src="Austin2.wav" width=145 height=55 autostart=true loop=true hidden=true>
<noembed>
<bgsound src="Austin2.wav" loop=true>
</noembed>

Wednesday, 8 February 2006 - 12:33 AM EST

Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/mi2/magoosplace/index.htm

here it is in an embedded player and a link to download it on my test site...
https://www.angelfire.com/mi2/magoosplace/index.htm

I got it 349kb wma file and it sounds pretty good.....
I have an mp3 but it is 649kb but they sound about the same so I opted for the smaller file.....

I used dbPower amp to convert it
look here it's free to download:
http://dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

hth
good luck

Wednesday, 8 February 2006 - 12:45 AM EST

you have duplicate AF banners.
when you save your life page and you plan to use it again be sure to remove the banner code...
AF will place new code when it is published again....

you must take out all instances of the code when you edit
it starts with this
* START ANGELFIRE AD CODE - PLEASE REMOVE WHEN EDITING PAGE *

and there is quite a bit of code there just highlight all of it and be sure you only grab AF banner code when your doing this:

btw, you don't have an index.html homepage in your directory...
I happened to catch your post the other night before you deleted it......so your page was still in my browser history, otherwise i would not have found your site tonight...lol
you should really get an index.html homepage so that your angelfire addy will default to your homepage....

Wednesday, 8 February 2006 - 5:49 AM EST

Name: Don

Hey, thanks! I couldn't get it to work with the player, but I did figure it out finally. I also used your scaled down version of the song (another thanks). I have the db Power Amp and love it, just didn't know how to get it that small LOL. And I knew about the AF banners. I just start changing things from the source code of the page and forget to take it all out everytime. I ended up with three of them before I finally remembered to delete it. LOL

Wednesday, 8 February 2006 - 7:56 AM EST

Name: blog/donspage.com

You said "btw, you don't have an index.html homepage in your directory...
I happened to catch your post the other night before you deleted it......so your page was still in my browser history, otherwise i would not have found your site tonight...lol
you should really get an index.html homepage so that your angelfire addy will default to your homepage...."

I wonders "How do you do this?". LOL

View Latest Entries