Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Saturday, 17 September 2005
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  hungry
Topic: Image Questions
i want to build a site like www.r-kelly.com.can somebody please mail me to tommymurphy05@yahoo.co.uk telling how i can build it or he or she can even send me the file.

Posted by oh5/tommymurphy at 11:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 13 August 2005

Mood:  blue
I am trying to link my Photobucket images to the page as one album but I get Photobucket's error message or the login screen. Can I fix this?
Plz email me at Brigid134@yahoo.com

Posted by realm2/manika at 8:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 6 August 2005
Images help for a newbie
I'm having trouble with my images showing up. I uploaded them to my images directory. I put them on the basic webshell page like they're supposed to be and they show up perfect. Then I log out and they show up as red x's. When I log back in they show up like they're supposed to. Here is an example of the image coding Does that look right ? My page is https://www.angelfire.com/ar3/amysblinkies/ Does anyone know why it does this ? TIA

Posted by ar3/amysblinkies at 4:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 26 July 2005
Background Problem
Mood:  accident prone
I have a weird problem. I'm using the Angelfire basic editor.
I changed the URL for a page, from Rebirth.html, to COMICS/DC/Rebirth.html. After doing so my background image no longer shows. That's weird because I haven't changed the name of the pic location.
HELP
Any ideas ????

Posted by trek/roma at 5:41 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 17 July 2005
Oh My God!
Mood:  hungry
Ok, here's the deal, when i try to view my page from another computer it asks me for my username and password. How do I undo this stupidness. Also everytime i try to view a page it creates a file called .cnt. Like, say i try to view my index.html page, angelfire will automatically create a file called index.cnt. What is the deal?!?

Posted by art3/darrenelkow at 12:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 14 July 2005
How come I can't put my images in other websites????
Mood:  hug me
on my other site, it comes out "IMAGE HOSTED BY ANGELFIRE" i don't want this to happen. Why does it do that and how can i make it stop?

Posted by moon2/mizt44 at 6:11 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Thursday, 14 July 2005 6:12 PM EDT
MY IMAGES AREN'T SHOWING UP FULL QUALITY!!! WHY??????
Mood:  irritated
Okay, so i uploaded my image into one of my directories, and before uploading it I went into Adobe Photoshop CS and went to "Image Size" to make the picture smaller so it doesn't take long to upload. Now then, after that I went to "Save for Web" where I made the picture 100% quality. And the file size was less than 200KB. When I uploaded it into the directory and when I looked at it IT WAS ALL SH**** AND CRAPPY. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AND I REALLY NEED TO FIX IT. I have a website about my manga (artwork) and all the pictures look like sh** the image URL is https://www.angelfire.com/anime6/supismanga/pictures/haruka_tribal.jpg and the website is https://www.angelfire.com/anime6/supismanga/index.html please help because it is really starting to BUG THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!! Thank you very much

Posted by anime6/supismanga at 12:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 30 June 2005
HELP!!!
Now Playing: HUH?
Hey, this might sound dumb to most of you, but I know nothing about computers, and i just got my page the way I want it, but how will people know where to find it? I made a page, but how do I get it to the directories page, or does it do that automatically when I save it? confused

Posted by art3/ambigramartists at 7:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 19 June 2005
trouble with images on my site
I have added pics to my site. I built dir and named it /images and put my pics in it. When I go to the web shell and click on the front page https://www.angelfire.com/ok5/sqdog/index.html
All of the pics on all 6 pages work fine. But when I close the web shell page go to and go to the main url https://www.angelfire.com/ok5/sqdog the pic on the front page is there buton all of the other5 pages there are only X’s in a box where the pic should be. But if I have the web shell page open in any way the main url still works with all the pics being there. I have tried refreshing my browser and below is how I have the pics on page two. Can anyone help. Thanks greytail

Posted by ok5/sqdog at 11:55 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 17 May 2005
i was i am i will always stay the angelbaby
Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: who's my best singer
well guess and have what u want

Posted by crazy4/angelbaby_me at 10:15 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 7 May 2005
images on site
Mood:  down
Hi! I am new to this. I have started a website. I have a webshell going. My problem is I want to put a program on my site, which I have done, I cut and pasted it. but now when I go to view it. For the images I get boxes with red X in them. I can't get the pictures I have in my images directory into the spaces already designed in the program. Could someone please advise? Thanks.

Posted by hi5/kidstop at 12:38 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (20) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 2 May 2005
Photo album probs
hi everyone...
I'm having major probs with the photo builder, I had made the album, however the images needed some fixing, so I fixed em on my PC and uploaded them and deleted the old ones. after running the program I got an error msg. now after 2 days i still cant access the album builder or the album itself...the msg on the album when opened says that the directive could not be processed!!!
I really need to put up those pictures...its some college work that I need to finish. and making a new account for the album would mean I wont be able to put in on my blog site!
HELPPPPPP!!!
anyone with answers can please email me at mariammamsa@hotmail.com

thank you

Posted by miam at 2:22 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 16 April 2005
uploading completed folder w/files
Mood:  lyrical
Now Playing: "lyrical" is the nice word for sobbing and cussing....
mayday! mayday! i have a folder with 26 files which i created on notepad. it is ALL DONE, does not need editing or anything but to get published (school assignment!)......i can't find anything telling me how to simply upload a finished product! my links are all set up, images all referenced and inserted - i just need to get it online! can anyone help me?
please? i have pulled out all my hair, thrown every book in the house, and the cats won't come out from under the bed. i would prefer some help here to therapy.

namaste,
lin

Posted by magic2/linfl at 2:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 15 April 2005
HELP !!!
Mood:  don't ask
Oh God,
I've gone onto my site this morning and it's not displaying any of my images..... backgrounds... everything..... I host my images with photobucket and I've gone to their site this morning and it's shut for maintenance.... please could someone reassure me that this is more than likely the reason I'm having problems..... I'm cracking up...

Posted by rings/crystaline at 7:23 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 10 April 2005
how do I get rid of borders on my linked images ??
Now Playing: Usher..... Pop ya collar
When I upload linked images, they have a coloured border around them..... how do I get rid of it ???? it's ruining the look of my homepage.... I've tried to upload from photobucket and from angelfire itself .... still get the border.... I've included the web address of my homepage at the bottom of this post..... the images in question are my "HOME" button and linked buttons at the very bottom of the page.....advice pleasssse !!!!! https://www.angelfire.com/rings/crystaline/Homepage.Anorien.html

Posted by rings/crystaline at 5:44 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 26 March 2005
Forms
Does anyone know if Angelfire's CGIbin/code can handle "file fields" within a form from a web site? If so, how? If not, please let me know so I can stop TRYING!

Posted by comics/wilkeway at 11:45 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 4 March 2005

Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: Posting pictures
I've uploaded a picture for my blog and it comes out huge. I'd like it to fit the page. I've played with the file in Paint and Photoshop, I think I'm missing a crucial step. Thanks, kevin

Posted by ego2/kevin1 at 1:18 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 1 March 2005
Calendar
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: Is There A Calendar Maker
Hi,

I did a seach for free calendars and the seach came back with plenty of links to angelfire. I would like to put a calendar on my page. Can someone help me find the free calendar area PLEASE!
thanks

Posted by crazy3/mysample at 1:33 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 23 February 2005
adertisment on my pict
Mood:  spacey
OK well I made a blog today and its all very cool except I added my own picture to it and the angelfire advertisments cover the top of my picture which happends to be batmans head and I was wondering how do I move the picture down or what do I need to do or am I just stuck with what I got?

Posted by punk5/ahsatan6996 at 9:54 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Video Clips and Pictures
Please help. I just spent two weeks figuring out how to operate my video camera, finally figured out how to make a short video, but cannot, for the life of me, upload it to my webpage. It's about 7.5 MB. I've tried uploading it to the images directory, but it stalls out and won't complete the upload. Do I need to create a new directory? I've also had problems with images; I upload them, but can't get them to display on my page. Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.angelfire.com/ab8/aviate/

Posted by ab8/aviate at 11:07 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older