Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 6 August 2005
Images help for a newbie
Topic: Image Questions
I'm having trouble with my images showing up. I uploaded them to my images directory. I put them on the basic webshell page like they're supposed to be and they show up perfect. Then I log out and they show up as red x's. When I log back in they show up like they're supposed to. Here is an example of the image coding Does that look right ? My page is https://www.angelfire.com/ar3/amysblinkies/ Does anyone know why it does this ? TIA

Posted by ar3/amysblinkies at 4:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 6 August 2005 - 4:38 PM EDT

Name: ar3/amysblinkies

The code didn't show. I put img src="ladybug.gif" with < at the beginning and one at the end also.

Sunday, 7 August 2005 - 3:08 AM EDT

Name: tom

I visited your page.

Why is there a prompt for angelfire user name
and password?

Sunday, 7 August 2005 - 3:32 PM EDT

Name: md/jdfaq

if the image is in images subdirectory the address would be

images/ladybug.gif

save the background image to angelfire instead of remote linking it, save it to your hard drive then reupload it.
change the body tag to images/sunbg1a1jn.gif

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7528/sunbg1a1jn.gif

Sunday, 7 August 2005 - 3:37 PM EDT

Name: md/jdfaq

more about images
angelfire doesn't support files names in this form
Coastie-blinkie.gif

you have to rename the file then reupload

you can rename it to Coastie_blinkie.gif or

Coastieblinkie.gif

angelfire doesn't support dash or empty space in the file name.

Sunday, 7 August 2005 - 5:28 PM EDT

Name: Amy
Home Page: http://ar3/amysblinkies

Thanks to those who answered. I don't know why it asked for a user name and password. I didn't set it that way. I asked a friend to look at it for me and she didn't get that prompt. Did everyone else get the same thing ? How do I change it ? I changed the background and title image to my images directory. I also changed the file names so there were not any - or spacing in the file names. Do I still need to put the img src= with brackets around the file names ? I tried it without and they showed up as the code instead of the picture. Thanks.

Sunday, 7 August 2005 - 6:06 PM EDT

OK, obviously I need more help, because now, nothing is showing up. Not even my background. Everything shows up perfectly when I preview the pages. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Sunday, 7 August 2005 - 7:36 PM EDT

I visted your page again ....this time with IE6 Browser
and again there is a prompt asking for network password.
You must have done something to activate that.

You stil need to put the img src= with brackets around the file name....otherwise it won't work.

Sometimes it helps to look at the source code for another site, to see how the coding should look.. When you wish to see the source code of any given page, simply click on 'view' on your browser and then select page source.

Sunday, 7 August 2005 - 10:21 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

you are using remote linking, you are linking to images that are protected on other servers. move these images to your directory in angelfire.

Monday, 8 August 2005 - 2:07 AM EDT

Name: ar3/amysblinkies

I think I fixed it. I had to delete my images directory and upload all the images to the main directory. I didn't really want them that way, but hey, whatever works. Can anyone check it out and see if everything shows up? Also can you tell me if it still asks for a user name and password. I have no idea how that got on there in the first place, much less how to get it to go away. Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it :o)

Monday, 8 August 2005 - 9:56 AM EDT

I just visited your website and everything seems fine. I clicked on the 'blinkies' link and all the blinkies came through fine. And, there is no more password prompt.

As Mr. Dalleh explained, you were remote loading the images
from a password-protected resource and this was causing the prompt. Now that you have uploaded the images to your A/F Directory, everything is ok...

Monday, 8 August 2005 - 10:29 AM EDT

Thank You !

View Latest Entries