Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Saturday, 6 August 2005
Images help for a newbie
Topic: Image Questions
I'm having trouble with my images showing up. I uploaded them to my images directory. I put them on the basic webshell page like they're supposed to be and they show up perfect. Then I log out and they show up as red x's. When I log back in they show up like they're supposed to. Here is an example of the image coding Does that look right ? My page is https://www.angelfire.com/ar3/amysblinkies/ Does anyone know why it does this ? TIA

Posted by ar3/amysblinkies at 4:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Copyright Question!
Anybody knows can i have a copy right with my website?

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 12:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 5 August 2005
hi
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: http://angelfire.com/punk5/whatever1
any one find a tutorial on hotspots / image maps?

Posted by punk at 1:56 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 4 August 2005

How can i get my website in the directory??

Posted by blog2/rosscheer9 at 12:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
HOw do I add audio files?
Hello,what is the audio button on the toolbox for?I click but nothing happens...how do i add music to my website when it loadS/?Someone.pls pls help me,thanks:)

Posted by crazy4/cherstar at 2:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
HOw do I add audio files?
Hello,what is the audio button on the toolbox for?I click but nothing happens...how do i add music to my website when it loadS/?Someone.pls pls help me,thanks:)

Posted by crazy4/cherstar at 2:12 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 1 August 2005
HTML code for the Page-Hit Counter
Topic: HTML Questions
Hey does anyone know the html code for the page-hit counter ?? I know you can just select it. But I'm trying to do my site completaly in HTML.

Posted by trek/roma at 9:44 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ???
hi, i had loaded a song in my webshell ,https://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/sparklegirly/oitinhyeu.wma (this is my URL)...I USED THIS CODE TO LINK MUSIC TO MY ANOTHER WEBSITE, BUT THE MUSIC WOULD NOT PLAY!!!
I TRIED THIS
AND ALSO THIS:

Posted by crazy4/sparklegirly at 12:42 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 31 July 2005
my preview is different! my preview is different! waah!
Mood:  d'oh
hi everyone,
my website address is www.angelfire.com/poetry/suni

i recently found out how to make my title flash in different colours and updated the html as necessary...it worked in the preview, and my title is happily flashing THERE; however, people visiting my page cannot see the title changing.

can someone help? thanks so much for your time!

-suni

Posted by poetry/suni at 11:40 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
directory
Mood:  caffeinated
hi

how do i get my website in the directory or submit it to search engines?

and i also have a blog so how do i get that in the directory too?

Posted by music6/addicted2kelly at 10:40 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Domain Name, Blogs
Okay.
First, yesterday I upgraded from free to Xenon and I have a domain name. So.....how long is before I can acess my webpage with the domain name?

Second, I created a blog which I want to post on my webpage so visitors can read updates, how do I link this to my webpage. Also can vistors respond to blog entries?

Third, I want to also start a podcast. What is an rss feed?

Ken

Posted by Ken at 9:54 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 29 July 2005
New and Curious
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: FrontPage
I'm new and trying to figure out something. I went to Edit my html code, I viewed it, it looked right and pushed the save button. How come when I visit the site it still just says angelfire all over it? Am I not saving it correctly or is there a period of time I must wait before I see the work? Please help.
-Steve

Posted by band3/dichroi at 5:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Virtual call center support private venture
Mood:  energetic
Now Playing: Searching for joint ventute team!
Topic: News
Hello,

My name is Mike and I am searching for those interested to do this "hobbie" and perhaps make money...
You must be experienced in Computer Technology, particularly in support.

I am looking to start a team of ten people to start a virtual call center. E-mail me for details to mike_olivera@juno.com

Cheers!

M.O.

Posted by ex/military at 4:25 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 28 July 2005
HELP ME!!!!
Mood:  irritated
Help,I am brand new to this, how do you put a background on your webpage? I uploaded the picture but now I don't know where to go from there. And how do you build a link? Also I wanted to dedicate this page to my poems but i can't get them on there either!!

Posted by realm3/spiritualpoetry at 10:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Upload Documents Help Needed
Mood:  quizzical
Hello all. I am now building my first website for a club I am a member of. I have been encountering some problems, however, especially with uploading documents. I know that you can only upload pictures so, I ended up scanning my document into my computer as a picture and then uploading it. When I did this, the document came out way too big. Is there an easier way to do this? Thanks. Alex

Posted by oh5/dramaohs at 6:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Not showing saved info
I have added a link to my page and on the homepage it shows correctly Melodyspoems: that is with an s at the end , and under 2 of the sites also in the drop dawn box if you go to A miracle in the eyes of God, then try to go in Melodyspoems it doesn't bring up the correct page, it says Melodyspoem: with out an s , but if you view source and also look in editor it shows the correct file name with an s but it isn't showing the correct page : it says it is saved but it isn't bringing it up on some pages but it is on others and everything is the same

Posted by pro2/themanwiththehat at 9:21 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Page Views...Previews from Web Shell Included?
Mood:  not sure
Hiya,

Does anyone know if your Page Views count includes all the times you preview a page you're working on in your Web Shell? My count seems to be higher on days I've worked on my site.

Thanks,

Meg

Posted by zine2/meaganpatrick at 9:16 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Thursday, 28 July 2005 9:18 AM EDT
Wednesday, 27 July 2005
Music to web site
Mood:  flirty
I tried to add a song to my web site also and can get it either. Can you just type what I need then I can copy and paste it to my index. I already have a song saved in my webshell. Thanks. This stuff is so hard to understand.

Posted by Kim at 9:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  irritated
I am wanting to know why after the text on my page, there are so many wingdings. My address is www.angelfire.com/yt3/stacyssida

Posted by yt3/stacyssida at 12:32 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blog
In blogs how long does it take for the entry to appear?

Posted by Holli at 12:15 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older