Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 31 July 2005
my preview is different! my preview is different! waah!
Mood:  d'oh
Topic: HTML Questions
hi everyone,
my website address is www.angelfire.com/poetry/suni

i recently found out how to make my title flash in different colours and updated the html as necessary...it worked in the preview, and my title is happily flashing THERE; however, people visiting my page cannot see the title changing.

can someone help? thanks so much for your time!

-suni

Posted by poetry/suni at 11:40 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 1 August 2005 - 12:09 AM EDT

Name: Tom

Hi,

The flashing text feature only works in Mozilla-based Browsers, like Netscape and Firefox.

It won't work in Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers.

Monday, 1 August 2005 - 10:19 AM EDT

Name: mamagoo

I see it changing colors in IE.

It is netscape that does not view flashing text....
it never did...

Monday, 1 August 2005 - 10:45 AM EDT

I should have said above it was not the norm in the early netscape browsers to use flashing but newer versions do
however netscape browsers always supported the blinking text attribute that is with-in blink tags and IE does not....
<blink></blink>

if you used some sort of macromedia flash technique it would work in all browsers that have flash plug-ins...
or there could be text decoration script out there that could be browser friendly...

and also java scriptes that will do this....
do a google search for 'flashing text java script'

Monday, 1 August 2005 - 11:48 AM EDT

I see that you are using java script for your changing color text.
your visitors might be viewing your page with settings not to view java scripting set for their browsers and they will not see the changing colors

also it is not viewable in my netscape browser 7.0 so your script is not netscape fiendly you would have to find a java script that is all browser friendly...

View Latest Entries