Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 12 July 2005
Can't Edit My Photo Album
Mood:  irritated
I am trying to edit my photo album, and I am getting very annoyed. When I log in, and go to the main page where it has all the options down the left hand side, I try clicking on "photo album," and it doesn't bring me to the photo album manager like it used to. It takes me a to a page asking me to create a new photo album. I DON'T want to create a new fricking photo album!!!! I just want to edit mine since I haven't done it forever. So that doesn't work. So I try going in to my webshell, where it won't let me edit it or even view it. It is driving me crazy. I used to edit my photo album all the time by just clicking on the photo album button on the side and it would take me to that lovely little page where you can create a new album, edit and delete pictures, etc. Now it just wants me to make a new one. I can't access my old one. When I go to the web address it's there and everything and I can look at it. But that doesn't help me a whole lot when I want to edit it. Please help me!!!!!!

Posted by natashakristin at 9:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 11 July 2005
How do I link to an audio file here from MySpace?
I have the HTML code to imbed a sound file on my MySpace profile, but I'm not sure what URL to enter for the location of the song file. I'm new to AngelFire. I uploaded sound files to my AngelFire blog, but I don't know how to get a URL for the files.

Posted by zine2/woo09 at 6:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 10 July 2005
HELP with domain please
Mood:  not sure
Topic: HTML Questions
Hi! I just upgraded my site to the argon plan. My new domain is photosbyfaustina.com. The site isn't fully functional yet. Previously, my site was www.angelfire.com/ne2/naturalcuties. Right now, the only way I can see my domain is using http://photosbyfaustina.com. If I use www.photosbyfaustina.com, it is not there. Is this an issue that will be resolved with time? Also, I thought that once I upgraded, all of my pages would reflect my new domain, or at least I could edit the pages to do so. For example... www.angelfire.com/ne2/naturalcuties/mywork.html would become www.photosbyfaustina.com/mywork.html. As it stand, my domain seems more like it is forwarding to my old site. Is there anyway changes can be made so that all pages on my site use my new domain name, or am I stuck with the old URL on the other pages. If so, I really wish I would have known that because I would really like to drop the natural cuties. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Faustina

Posted by ne2/naturalcuties at 10:32 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
HELP with domain please
Hi! I just upgraded my site to the argon plan. My new domain is photosbyfaustina.com. The site isn't fully functional yet. Previously, my site was www.angelfire.com/ne2/naturalcuties. Right now, the only way I can see my domain is using http://photosbyfaustina.com. If I use www.photosbyfaustina.com, it is not there. Is this an issue that will be resolved with time? Also, I thought that once I upgraded, all of my pages would reflect my new domain, or at least I could edit the pages to do so. For example... www.angelfire.com/ne2/naturalcuties/mywork.html would become www.photosbyfaustina.com/mywork.html. As it stand, my domain seems more like it is forwarding to my old site. Is there anyway changes can be made so that all pages on my site use my new domain name, or am I stuck with the old URL on the other pages. If so, I really wish I would have known that because I would really like to drop the natural cuties. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Faustina

Posted by ne2/naturalcuties at 10:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  blue
I have used the upload feature in the webshell to upload files from my hard drive to my file directory to put on my website. My problem now is how do I get the files to my page. Please Help!!!!!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 2:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 9 July 2005
TABLES
hi i have a table on my site and i want both columns to line up at the top but the 1st column is lower than the second one.

See?

https://www.angelfire.com/music6/addicted2kelly/lyrics/thankful/troublewlove.html

is there a way 2 fix it??

Posted by music6/addicted2kelly at 6:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Saturday, 9 July 2005 7:01 PM EDT
Tuesday, 5 July 2005
image as cut text
1. How do I replace the cut text in an entry with an image?

2. If this isn't possible, how do I use an image to link to an entry and not have the image link not show up in the entry?

hmmm...

Posted by Joe at 8:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

How do I add music to my site? I don't know how to put it into my directory. Please help me. Thanks! (you know when the page loads the song automaticaly plays)

Posted by celeb2/jmacfan4life147 at 5:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 4 July 2005

Where can I find html code for embedding quicktime player with on and off controls?
I presently have code for player that starts my video when the page loads. I would like to change it to a player that the visitor clicks on to start.
Thank you.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 10:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 3 July 2005
SOS!
I am building my paid website. The design is that there is a link with the text of "Please enter!" on the first page, which is the introduction, to the second page. The link works in the related free account but not in the paid account. (The free account is for me to do all the construction and the product is then seen in the paid account.) How come? What should be the wording of the link?

Posted by ks3/ksbnt at 8:55 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Help... Please... :-S
Hey everybody,

well... i'm new here to angelfire... and i was wondering how is it possible to post up music videos or even just the audio files up on my page... i'm trying to post music up on my page so that i can link it over to my myspace page... if anyone could help... it would be greatly appreciated... thanks for your time... oh... and my email address is boondock_saint_51@hotmail.com... cuz... well... i'm not really sure if i can get back onto this page... thanks...

~Peter Parker

Posted by ia3/liyahz_lover_8082 at 6:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 1 July 2005
Ads
Mood:  blue
I just purchased the Argon plan from angelfire and started building a website (http://www.shubertcedar.com) The site is going good and all but I can't get rid of the ads when the site is viewed and the ads aren't in my source code. My acount says I need to upgrade to one of the elements but I already have and part of my acount information acknoledges this and other parts do not???

Posted by tx6/shubertcedar at 5:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 30 June 2005
HELP!!!
Now Playing: HUH?
Topic: Image Questions
Hey, this might sound dumb to most of you, but I know nothing about computers, and i just got my page the way I want it, but how will people know where to find it? I made a page, but how do I get it to the directories page, or does it do that automatically when I save it? confused

Posted by art3/ambigramartists at 7:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Text files
Hi this might be a stupid question: I'm trying to get a text file to open on my site. When you click a link i need a text file to open. SI far all I can find are ways to open images.

Help !!

Posted by trek/roma at 7:10 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 29 June 2005

Does anybody know how I would go about putting one of the songs I uploaded onto my web shell onto another site that I have. Ive tried before and it only plays on that site from my computer. If anybody knows how to do this PLEASE, PLEASE tell me, im deffinatly computer illiterate.

Posted by indie/iheartleah at 11:45 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 28 June 2005
website name ideas
Mood:  caffeinated
ok im making a website on kelly clarkson and i need some ideas on what to name my site. i was thinking KBC.com cuz those are her initials but idunno...does any1 have any suggestions?

Posted by mn3/darkangel16 at 7:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 June 2005
plz help me!! [frames]
Mood:  chillin'
i was wondering if some1 could give me the html code to make a frame with 2 columns and i can just change the width and height cuz im having major problems lol.

Posted by mn3/darkangel16 at 7:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
untitled
hi i need help. i have an iframe on on the left side of my site and i want to put text next to it, but the text is going under it. how do i fix it so the text is next to it??

Posted by mn3/darkangel16 at 6:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 25 June 2005
Photo album
I cant add photos to my album. When I click on the photo album button it takes me to the page to make a new one.

Posted by theforce/24220 at 5:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Photo album
I cant add photos to my album. When I click on the photo album button it takes me to the page to make a new one.

Posted by theforce/24220 at 5:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older