Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 16 April 2005
uploading completed folder w/files
Mood:  lyrical
Now Playing: "lyrical" is the nice word for sobbing and cussing....
Topic: Image Questions
mayday! mayday! i have a folder with 26 files which i created on notepad. it is ALL DONE, does not need editing or anything but to get published (school assignment!)......i can't find anything telling me how to simply upload a finished product! my links are all set up, images all referenced and inserted - i just need to get it online! can anyone help me?
please? i have pulled out all my hair, thrown every book in the house, and the cats won't come out from under the bed. i would prefer some help here to therapy.

namaste,
lin

Posted by magic2/linfl at 2:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 16 April 2005 - 2:22 AM EDT

Name: cw

upload through the webshell using the multiple file upload link. Or use FTP. Make sure all the files are named for the web (no spaces or special characters in the names except a period, hyphen or underscore). All file names must end in an appropriate extension ( ... like .html, .jpg, .gif etc.)

If you've organized files in subdirectories when building the site make sure to recreate the same subdirectories at your account and organize the files in your webshell the same way.

hope that helps

Saturday, 16 April 2005 - 2:35 AM EDT

Name: cw

also- your home or start page must be named index.html. If you need to change it's name, be sure to re-reference your links to it.

View Latest Entries