Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Saturday, 23 April 2005
MUSIC HOSTING
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: THE USED
How can I upload a music file than be able to host it on my page? PLEASE HELP ME>>>>

Posted by indie/mcrgirl182 at 2:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 22 April 2005
Video Help
I would highly appreciate if anybody could help me, i want to post a video of mine on to my page but do not no how. COuld anyone advise me on how to get a video on to my page?

Posted by pro2/brianariotti at 3:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  party time!
Now Playing: Greenday....American Idiot
I need help with some things on my site.

Posted by goth2/ghettoj at 1:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Script for IP Viewing For My Visitors
Mood:  a-ok
Just thought to join an angelfire community to get new ideas for my home website. If anyone is interested check it out at www.theciminis.com . It is my family website for friends and family living far away from me and to update them of my life away from them. Seems to help me deal with homesickness and such. I am really happy with the results of my website.

Does anyone know of any scripts (preferrable cut and paste) of viewers seeing their ip address when they first log onto the website? I think it is pretty cool. I would imagine it would be some sort of CGI. Thank you.

Posted by pa5/darlyn at 10:21 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 22 April 2005 4:07 PM EDT

Topic: HTML Questions
hello guys.
i recently made my own kite site. is there anyway i can promote my website for free or make it appear on search engines?

chester ogsimer
https://www.angelfire.com/co4/chester_ogsimer
"The Aerial Stylings of Chester Ogsimer"

Posted by co4/chester_ogsimer at 2:32 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 19 April 2005
Blog for my web
Mood:  lazy
How can i create a blog section on my web page without changing my web page format? i used ms frontpage and would like to add the blog on a new page. Plz advise. thx

Posted by theforce/hyperdog7 at 11:02 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 18 April 2005
Disable File Sharing
I have Argon and can't find a way to disable file sharing to prevent anyone from "hot linking" to my images. Live help seems to be too busy today, I never received an answer. Any help?

Thanks,
Al-J

Posted by journal2/eajones at 8:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Moving the ads at the bottom?
Hi, I'd like to know if it is possible to put angelfire's ads at the bottom of my web page?

Posted by linux/pureknight at 12:57 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 17 April 2005
Pastor Bill
Mood:  happy
I have started another web site and I can not find where I can increase the Text block size the old one had a page where we chose the size, is this possible with the new set ups or did they dicontinue this on the new free web sites ? The new one is to narrow and to widen it would help when I edit.

Posted by mo/greendragon1 at 6:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 16 April 2005
how to put music
Mood:  not sure
can anyone tell me how to put music inot my blog?? i have uploaded my file but how do i create the html of it??? >.<

-help me

Posted by falcon2/musicotinkles at 4:07 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
uploading completed folder w/files
Mood:  lyrical
Now Playing: "lyrical" is the nice word for sobbing and cussing....
Topic: Image Questions
mayday! mayday! i have a folder with 26 files which i created on notepad. it is ALL DONE, does not need editing or anything but to get published (school assignment!)......i can't find anything telling me how to simply upload a finished product! my links are all set up, images all referenced and inserted - i just need to get it online! can anyone help me?
please? i have pulled out all my hair, thrown every book in the house, and the cats won't come out from under the bed. i would prefer some help here to therapy.

namaste,
lin

Posted by magic2/linfl at 2:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 15 April 2005
HELP !!!
Mood:  don't ask
Oh God,
I've gone onto my site this morning and it's not displaying any of my images..... backgrounds... everything..... I host my images with photobucket and I've gone to their site this morning and it's shut for maintenance.... please could someone reassure me that this is more than likely the reason I'm having problems..... I'm cracking up...

Posted by rings/crystaline at 7:23 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
How to execute cgi-bin/*.pl scripts?
Mood:  caffeinated
I have created a .html page that uses a perl (.pl) script but when the script is executed I get a 404/'URL does not exist error'.
I know the file is in the right place because if I change the file type to .pm the file content is displayed.

Can anyone help me?

Posted by folk/charlwood at 6:48 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 11 April 2005
AF Update Today
Topic: News
The Angelfire Team released a follow-up to the release last week which we believe corrects all the known problems with that release. This includes a fix for paid CGI support, fixed counters, and a fix for members with mixed-case member names that were unable to log into their real sites. If you see any additional problems this evening, please comment on this post and I'll make sure the issues get addressed.

We are currently running a process which is correcting the mixed-case members. We expect that to run for another hour or two, but once completed it should catch everyone. Also, if you uploaded any files to the incorrectly-created-directory then they will temporarily be lost. Tomorrow, we will work on providing you access to these files in some way.

Again, if there are still any problems please respond in this thread. We have at least one more major update planned for this week and we want to ensure that there are no bugs before we start on that.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 8:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Monday, 11 April 2005 8:46 PM EDT
Sunday, 10 April 2005
Web Shell is missing
Help!

I went to log on so I could make a few changes on my website and found that that my files are gone. It looks like the first day I started my web page.

When I type in my address on my browser, my original page is still visable.

I sent a message to Angelfire Help and have not gotten a response back from them. I assume they are closed for the weekend.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have a telephone number at angelfire that I can call?

Posted by ny3/lynbrooknorth at 7:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
how do I get rid of borders on my linked images ??
Mood:  don't ask
Now Playing: Usher..... Pop ya collar
When I upload linked images, they have a coloured border around them..... how do I get rid of it ???? it's ruining the look of my homepage.... I've tried to upload from photobucket and from angelfire itself .... still get the border.... I've included the web address of my homepage at the bottom of this post..... the images in question are my "HOME" button and linked buttons at the very bottom of the page.....advice pleasssse !!!!! https://www.angelfire.com/rings/crystaline/Homepage.Anorien.html

Posted by rings/crystaline at 5:44 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 9 April 2005
Thursday Update
Topic: News
This Thursday, Angelfire release a backend site update to resolve a number of small bugs on the site, as well as to prepare for an update to Angelfire Blogs and Angelfire Photo Albums which should be available in the next two weeks.

Unfortunately, it has been brought to our attention that older members (>3 years, at least) with mixed-case member names are now being logged into a downcased member site, without their existing content. I have received word that this problem should be corrected by Monday afternoon. If you are affected by this, you will not be able to update your site this weekend but it will continue to be visible to visitors. In addition, I ask that you do not attempt to move files from your mixed-case account directory to the newly created downcased one.

In addition, there also appears to be a problem with user counters. (The old Angelfire counter, not the Html Gear one.) This should also be fixed on Monday.

If you see any other new bugs which might be related to this release or any questions, please comment on this post to let us know.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 12:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
password protect
Any way to password protect access to a page?
Thank you.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 9:31 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 8 April 2005
Old case senstive web address = your webshell is gone???
It seems someone at Angelfire/Lycos has changed the case senstive web site address system in the webshell so my webshell which did have 100's of html files and 100's of jpgs now says it has 1 html file and no jpg files. My Angelfire web address has a capital W in it but when I log in my webshell shows a small w and says I just have a 1k index.html file with the beginner Angelfire template. All my html and jpg files are missing from the webshell. I have no way to edit my massive website anymore that I have had since 1996 and which I pay Angelfire over $9 a month for.

I checked someone else's webshell I handle for them and they had a capital letter in their address and the same thing happened to them. What is going on here? Can someone explain???

Posted by va/walker3 at 5:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Need Help
I need someone to remind me how to break up text and bold/center/underline, etc in a text box. I created a page a long time ago which has since then been deleted. I can no longer refer to it for help. If anyone can just jot a short note to remind me that would be so helpful!

Thanks!

Posted by oh5/sc107 at 1:04 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older