Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 9 April 2005
Thursday Update
Topic: News
This Thursday, Angelfire release a backend site update to resolve a number of small bugs on the site, as well as to prepare for an update to Angelfire Blogs and Angelfire Photo Albums which should be available in the next two weeks.

Unfortunately, it has been brought to our attention that older members (>3 years, at least) with mixed-case member names are now being logged into a downcased member site, without their existing content. I have received word that this problem should be corrected by Monday afternoon. If you are affected by this, you will not be able to update your site this weekend but it will continue to be visible to visitors. In addition, I ask that you do not attempt to move files from your mixed-case account directory to the newly created downcased one.

In addition, there also appears to be a problem with user counters. (The old Angelfire counter, not the Html Gear one.) This should also be fixed on Monday.

If you see any other new bugs which might be related to this release or any questions, please comment on this post to let us know.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 12:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 9 April 2005 - 6:21 PM EDT

Name: tn2/welcome

is the reason why i cannot log on at my site right now? i did notice the counter not working

Sunday, 10 April 2005 - 11:36 AM EDT

Name: az3/goladyjags

Are the counters still recording hits?

Sunday, 10 April 2005 - 5:48 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

I don't know yet. I should be able to answer this question on Monday.

JP

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 5:48 AM EDT

Name: nj/wbzcfmsndymrnngklzmr
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/nj/WBZCFMsndymrnngklzmr/

"Unfortunately, it has been brought to our attention that older members (>3 years, at least) with mixed-case member names are now being logged into a downcased member site, without their existing content. I have received word that this problem should be corrected by Monday afternoon. If you are affected by this, you will not be able to update your site this weekend but it will continue to be visible to visitors. In addition, I ask that you do not attempt to move files from your mixed-case account directory to the newly created downcased one."

Why wasn't there a noticed posted; before they decided to scare the living crap out of some of us. And why isn't there a listing of this event on the server status page. Between, not being able to be able to register google ads; because of a su?per?sed?ing agreement with you (whatever cor?po?rate enity, now, holding the proverbal strings, these days.), I am not a happy camper. I think, all effected parties; should a get couple months of sites (neon; in my case) rent free for such a tactless course of action; some of us have a great deal of time invested in our sites.

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 10:52 AM EDT

Name: wa/angelhearteskies
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/wa/angelhearteskies

I agree! I have 5 pages that I take care of and when I signed in on Saturday morning I almost fainted. AF pages were so backlogged with others I'm assusming trying to find out the same answers to their question that we were that my IE was actually locking up. AF doesn't make it easy to find to find them either, well in the case of support anyway. No phone contact, the email contact wouldn't work, just froze up. You have to dig down I don't know how far to find an email contact. I don't know about the rest of you but I've been with AF since 1998 but I'm about ready to start looking for a better service. I'm not opposed to paying for it, but I need a service that has a 24/7 phone contact and a live chat for help. They're out there and I think I'll start looking into it. To just take it upon themselves to change the way the webshell works and other things like that without letting your customers know is totaly unacceptable!!!!

View Latest Entries